BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Tourneys and Contests

Anyone know of a website that lists upcoming Horse Tourney's and contests. I would really like to start playing in more of them, but I just can't find them.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

I play at Derby Wars Wed-Sun, just got 2nd of 62 today. Don't know of many others, I think there is a site horsetourneys dot com but its mostly feeders to NHC tourneys and horse players world series.

BGboothA

Yeah I found DerbyWars today, looks great, but I can't sign up with my Washington State address......stupid state.

harthebar
    harthebar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9724

good football game ..saw derbywars how does it work...like how many picks do you get ....or do you just get money and bet it anyway......washington state .....whats the deal with that........

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by harthebar View Post
    good football game ..saw derbywars how does it work...like how many picks do you get ....or do you just get money and bet it anyway......washington state .....whats the deal with that........
    The main contests are $2 W/P but they also have "survivor" contests where you have to pick a horse to show throughout a race card.Usually they have a main daily contest that is $35-$47 buy in on weekdays and $47-$115-$175 on weekends.The $175 contests are big ones that they have maybe once a month with either a 20k or 30k pot where the winner gets 10k and 2nd gets 5k.

Also they have added smaller buy ins for all the newbies out there that are only $4-$11 I think but it may be even less and heads up tournaments where you only play 1 person.

The only gripe I have nowadays is that the "schedule maker" seems to like the west coast tracks(SA,HOL,DMR).The big daily contests are basically a Santa Anita contest with a few Gulfstream races.They have all but disregarded the AQU inner.I would've preferred half and half as I'm sure most would that aren't located in California.

BGboothA

yeah Derby Wars looks great....I am thinking about getting my brother in CO to sign up for me to use. Just think about the logic of my state.

Gay Marriage = No Problem
    Legalized Weed = Okay
    Derby Wars = BAAAD!!!

daoilman
    daoilman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

This page lists the different contests as they come and go, perhaps you'll find what you want here.

http://www.thoroughbredreport.com/contests.html

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

I checked it out looks cool. They never offer NYRA tracks or just not in the winter? Thats the only circuit I follow closely.

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by Slimpickens View Post
    I checked it out looks cool. They never offer NYRA tracks or just not in the winter? Thats the only circuit I follow closely.

Just the inner...In the spring/summer/fall most of the contests have a 3 or 4 track mix of Bel/Kee/CD/Hol/DMR/Sar.

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    Just the inner...In the spring/summer/fall most of the contests have a 3 or 4 track mix of Bel/Kee/CD/Hol/DMR/Sar.
    Cool. Thanks.

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

I am a member there, will start playing again shortly.