Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

Gulfstream Park Race 7 1/3

1Mile Turf 25 Claimer

#1 Veiled Prophet 5-1ML

Gonna say a quick comment about each horse in the field. Why I like my horse and why I dont like some of the shorther priced runners.

1. Veiled Prophet= Like that he's a closer in a race filled with speed and early presser types. Like the reclaim for Gary Contessa and he thought enough of this horse to ship him from NY to Florida. Had a troubled trip last start, making him finish much worse than he would have. Hoping he gets a ground saving trip and makes one run.

2.Sydney Road= Beat absolutely nothing in his last race at Belmont in October. Figures to show some pace, gets aggresive Rosario which in this race may not be a plus.

3.Concert Stage= Just raced a few days ago, not a positive for me coming back on such short rest. Chased a slow pace that ended up holding together and finished 3rd. Certainly has a chance but not for me at a short price.

4.Hobo Ridge In this field of 9 this is the only horse I dont really know at all. Has been racing in the Mid Atlantic Laurel, Deleware, Penn. Just gotta think that the NYRA shippers which is what the majority of this field will be are better. Will definetly be watching the board on this one.

5. Go Joe Go= Just doesnt appear to be good enough on speed figs. Will likely be close to the pace.

6.Rustler Hustler= He does have an off the pace running style. However was just claimed off of Linda Rice which is a bit of a negative. Looking at the pp's of this horse I dont like the company lines in the races that this horse has won or ran 2nd over the past few months. Also dont like taking off the pace horses that take the lead deep stretch only to be passed before the wire which is what happened last race.

7. Dodging= Does have an off the pace running style. Went on a 3 race win streak over the spring and summer in NY, was beating very weak fields. Just dont think he is anywhere good enough but could come running on late.

8. Carson Hall= Will probably be sitting 2nd or 3rd early. I liked him 2 races back stalked the pace and had nothing in the lane. He is a major player but he just has too much hang in him for my taste.

9. Marquet Cat= Comes in off the claim for Michael Maker and is the clear speed of the speed. He has 21:2 type of early speed. Sure he wont be going quite that fast but he has to be going. Maybe in a field full of pressers he could possibly get clear and wire the field or atleast be in the mix at the wire. Im hoping thats not the case as Im hoping for the pace to collapse.

Im playing #1 Veiled Prophet WP
    Last edited by Slimpickens; 01-03-13 at 02:17 AM.