Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Golden Gate and beyond

Good of place as any to keep track of my plays.

Fri Dec 14

Track has been playing pretty darn fast as of late, they haven't been on the turf for awhile, it is pretty much a mess. I'm predicting they will all be put on main track, but who knows.

Race 1) #1 Slugger Girl 8-1 ml
    Race 2) #2 Funny How 2-1 ml
    Race 3) #5 Billie's Blind 6-1 ml
    Race 4) #4 Yodelin' Angel 4-1 ml
    Race 5) #8 Mardi's Tough Game 4-1 ml
    Race 6) #2 Pure Trickin 15-1 ml
    Race 7) #9 Stormy Sierra 6-1 ml*
    Race 8) #3 Glorious Valentine 5-2 ml

*best bet, Stormy should get to the lead with not a whole lot of pressure, the favorite Ringmistress just doesn't want to pass horses. Horse who finished just behind Stormy last time out, Residual Income, won rather easily next time out. Of course if track starts playing differently, I would adjust this to just a regular play.

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4500

GL Poppa. So glad to see people posting picks. I haven't play GG for a long time. It's used to be Russell Baze, Russell Baze and more Russell Baze when I played. Is he still dominating?? Hope not, someone else must have taken over the top jock up there. I used to like Gonzalez and Lopez. Anyways, good luck to you and I will put a few bucks on Stormy. There is carryover at Hollywood, but the card looks difficult; then again, every card looks difficult to me. Let win some $$$.

Poppa Catfish

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post
    GL Poppa. So glad to see people posting picks. I haven't play GG for a long time. It's used to be Russell Baze, Russell Baze and more Russell Baze when I played. Is he still dominating?? Hope not, someone else must have taken over the top jock up there. I used to like Gonzalez and Lopez. Anyways, good luck to you and I will put a few bucks on Stormy. There is carryover at Hollywood, but the card looks difficult; then again, every card looks difficult to me. Let win some $$$.
    Baze is dominating this mini Fall meet, winning about 30% of the time, but he has been getting pretty good challenges in the last few meets, and the jockey colony is stronger than it has been for quite some time. Couton nearly won the last mini meet, Dennis Carr is back and riding decently, Alvarado continues to be solid, and Kyle Frey even returned for a bit. Baze is great since you know he will be over bet usually, but on the flip side you can count on him in exotic plays. I'm really happy to see Gryder leave for Southern California, talented jockey but very inconsistent, and the dude was often in trouble with the stewards for one reason or another (didn't take riding very seriously imo)

Poppa Catfish

Prices are good today, sadly lot of my selections were scratched.

Race 1: I knew big favorite was vulnerable, my horse dueled into last

4 Ypsi Magik Terrero P M $22.80 $8.40 $3.60
    6 Brite Judy Couton J $4.20 $2.20
    3 Epona Magica Baze R A $2.10
    7 Jack's Fiesty Lady Velazquez J A

Race 2: horse finished up the track
    Race 2
    # Horse Jockey Win Place Show
    4 Deckacards Couton J $10.60 $5.80 $3.20
    3 Faster Than Duke Carr D $16.00 $7.00
    1 Outdoorsman Gene Alvarado F T $3.60
    7 Alberta Breeze Beato I

Race 3: got this one

Race 3
    5 Billie's Bling Antongeorgi III W $8.20 $4.00 $3.00
    1 Blazing Reflection Couton J $4.00 $3.00
    6 Come Next Monday Alvarado F T $3.60
    2 Backwoods Belle Cedillo A

Race 4: My horse was scratched, but his stable mate won
    Race 4
    8 Marmaris Beato I $19.00 $8.00 $4.20
    2 Finest Angel Sanchez A B $4.80 $3.20
    3 Cookielamour Terrero P M $3.60
    5 Aunt Emma Cedillo A

Race 5: My selection was scratched. Favorite overpowered rest of field, not shocked.
    Last edited by Poppa Catfish; 12-14-12 at 04:55 PM.

Poppa Catfish

Race 6: Turf is yielding so my front runner never had a shot, Couton takes another one at a price
    4 Love Is Blind Couton J $41.20 $19.80 $15.40
    6 Bluegrass Chapp Sanchez J E $9.80 $8.80
    3 Prometheus Bull Alvarado F T $7.40
    8 Fellow Elderado John K

Race 7: Stormy couldn't pass the favorite, who switched things up and went to the lead

Race 7
    4 Ringmistress Baze R A $3.80 $2.40 $2.10
    9 Stormy Sierra Antongeorgi III W $2.80 $2.20
    3 Panda Bai Couton J $2.40
    5 Here It Tiz Beato I
    Last edited by Poppa Catfish; 12-14-12 at 05:58 PM.

Poppa Catfish

Track was playing real slow today, turf was yielding. Just about everything off the pace which along with the scratches tanked my day. Tomorrow we start anew

Poppa Catfish

Well I am sufficiently humbled horse gods, but not humbled enough to prevent me from posting my picks for today's card...

These picks are assuming they continue to be crazy and stay on the yielding turf (which means they probably will do a 180 and switch to main track)

Race 1) #10 Funi Act shall be tough to beat, but I will try to do it with #7 Speed Racer 15-1 m/l
    Race 2) #4 Shudacudawudya 3-1 ml bounces back and gets revenge on #1 Gig Harbor
    Race 3) #3 Granite Girl wins at probably less than her 1/1 ml.
    Race 4) #10 Intense wins at less than 7-5 ml. Bleh
    Race 5) #7 Cardio Royale 12-1 ml
    Race 6) Interested to see the firster Alameda Kid (since half bro Bold Chieftain was pretty damn studly at GG) but my pick is #10 Evan Alrighty 5-2 ml
    Race 7) Julien Couton was killing it on the turf course yesterday so I will keep an eye on #4, but my pick is the improving #1 Da Jersey Express 15-1 ml
    Race 8) #2 Successful Bluff 10-1 ml
    Race 9) #6 Dr Park 20-1 ml. Cuts back from a mile. Horse won at a big price earlier on this year doing the same thing, and with the track playing pretty slow it will favor a horse cutting back like this one. Certainly the kind of lower level race to take a shot at a price horse, since the Russ Baze favorite horse enjoys torching money.

Best of luck in whatever you are playing