dugbug15
    dugbug15's Avatar Become A Pro!

hawthorne survivor contest starts today,12/01/12.

you must pick a horse that finishes in the money ,in any race of your choosing to continue on,otherwise,your booted.
    deadline is 1 hour before the 1rst race of the day.if you entered previous survivors,your username & pword are still
    good.otherwise you must register in.contest runs till late december.$2,500 prize to the winner.
    go to www.hawthorneracecourse.com.on the homepage click on survivor contest ad.
    note:no capping info on site,except for track hosts handicapping picks.
    good luck to all.

dugbug15

daoilman
    daoilman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Good stuff, thanks for posting!

daoilman

Two days in and I'm still alive, probably be "the kiss of death" writing about it in here. Anyone else still in?

433 left, 2615 started.

I can only get 4 races past performances for this coming Thursday's card, perhaps my Waterloo.

dugbug15

i'm booted from day 2.i picked the breuggerman horse .i went to the 11 in race 8,ran 4th. the other choice. in an earlier race, ran 2nd.

daoilman

I'm still alive after day three, I took the #3 in the first race today, he finished third, 39.17% of the players picked the #3 in the first (The largest %), I was one of those, onward I go to Friday's card.

daoilman

Still alive, another show horse, the #10 in the second race.

daoilman

I'm still alive, today a winner, I took the #3 in the fifth race, my record so far, 2 wins, 1 place and 2 shows. There were 195 left at the start of the day.

The #3 in the fifth was the contest consensus pick (25.89%).

The second choice in the contest consensus (20.30%) was the #4 in the fourth race, he ran out.

daoilman

I'm still alive, we started today with 101 players still in it. Today I was on the #3 in the fifth race, he ran second, now I get three days off from it. DAOILMAN is now in the top 100 and listed on the leader board.
    http://www.hawthorneracecourse.com/h...rvivor/top.php

dugbug15

go get em oilman!

daoilman

Quote Originally Posted by dugbug15 View Post
    go get em oilman!
    Thanks for the encouragement db, as for today, I'm still alive, seven days in and I believe seven days to go.

Today I was on the #1 in the fourth race, a Brueggermann charge ridden by Emigh, I got lucky and he squeaked into the show hole, onward to tomorrow.

daoilman

I'm still alive, I got a winner today, I was on the #7 in the first race, lone speed, in front at every pole, a winner at 2/5 odds.

joeyp1222
    joeyp1222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Quote Originally Posted by daoilman View Post
    i'm still alive, i got a winner today, i was on the #7 in the first race, lone speed, in front at every pole, a winner at 2/5 odds.

he haw nice one hows your mind

daoilman

Quote Originally Posted by joeyp1222 View Post
    he haw nice one hows your mind
    Hi Joe, I'll be in your neighborhood Saturday morning, I'll give you a call.

daoilman

I'm still alive, today I was on the #6 in the first race, he finished second with a big gap back to third, he ended up at 4/5 odds and he was the top consensus pick (30.19%) by the players in the contest.
    http://www.hawthorneracecourse.com/h.../favorites.php

daoilman

I'm still alive, today I was on the #1 (Lemondropspritzer) in the first, this one vied for the lead around the track and flattened in the lane to finish third, it was open lengths back to the 4th horse.
    Last edited by daoilman; 12-16-12 at 02:30 PM.

daoilman

I'm still alive, today I was on the #1 in the first, speed from the rail, he went to the front and got out kicked for the win, finishing second.

daoilman

Well folks, things are getting interesting here, the contest is now down to 18 players, and I believe there are still 7 race dates to go. There were a couple of times that I was close to being out, but fortunately my selections in both instances held safe the show spot, other than those few it has been a fairly smooth ride.

I'm giving my best to represent the forum and get the money.

http://www.hawthorneracecourse.com/h...rvivor/top.php

dugbug15

you're doing good,so far.glad to hear it.what you have to think about now, is finding "safe?" value plays to climb over the competition.
    tough job,for sure. good luck,hope you make it.
    p.s. did you know you can get a lifetime racing history of race horses on twinspires?here"s how.log on to twin spires,click bet now,
    select tracks,click on the blue rectangl,2nd down.the race program will appear.all you do is click on the horses name,and, the racing history of that hosre will come up.includes,races,workouts,distance surface,conditions ,placings,times.useful in a lot of ways even though it's in
    abbreviated form.you can also get jockey/trainer stats.click on trainer,and or jockey.stats will come up. hope this helps.

dugbug15

back again,justvisited twinspires.the blue rectangle i was referring to istitled "twin spires express. also you don"t have to click "bet now",
    becase the track selection format is already there. done for today,i think.

daoilman

Quote Originally Posted by dugbug15 View Post
    you're doing good,so far.glad to hear it.what you have to think about now, is finding "safe?" value plays to climb over the competition.
    tough job,for sure. good luck,hope you make it.
    p.s. did you know you can get a lifetime racing history of race horses on twinspires?here"s how.log on to twin spires,click bet now,
    select tracks,click on the blue rectangl,2nd down.the race program will appear.all you do is click on the horses name,and, the racing history of that hosre will come up.includes,races,workouts,distance surface,conditions ,placings,times.useful in a lot of ways even though it's in
    abbreviated form.you can also get jockey/trainer stats.click on trainer,and or jockey.stats will come up. hope this helps.
    Thanks for piping in and the pat on the back, and thanks for the tips, I use those sources often, I also use E-ponies and Ed Bain along with the Bris PP's.

(And I often watch replays at Twinspires.)

daoilman

I'm still alive, today I played the #7 in the third race, on paper he appeared to be the speed of the speed, on track he got hooked by another not so fast speed type, they raced in tandem around the track, the #7 prevailed at the top of the stretch, but the duel took its toll and two of the stalkers got by in mid stretch and it was close for third with the #7 hanging on by a half length.

That was my excitement for the day, I can hardly wait for tomorrow.

daoilman

I'm still alive, today I found a winner, I was on the #6 in the first race, once again I relied on speed, this one was in front all the way for an open lengths victory.

daoilman

I'm still alive, today I used the #5 in the fourth race, speed that battled to the top of the stretch and faded faded to finish third. I believe there are five more racing days left to conclude this contest, furthermore I believe that four players were eliminated in the second race today, we started the day with eleven so we are now at seven and two players have yet see their races run as of this writing.

daoilman

Well folks, we got us a very interesting situation here today. With only six players alive three picked #4 in the third, and three picked the #1 in the seventh. I just watched the third and the #4 ran out, thus eliminating 3 players, I am not one of those three as I am on the #1 in the seventh.

What this means is that if the #1 in the seventh hits the board I play again tomorrow, if the #1 runs out we chop the pot six ways, I look at it as WIN/WIN.

Top 10 Contest Favorites: Wednesday December 26th
    50.00% selected #01 Princess Freebie in race 7
    50.00% selected #04 Misty Eyed in race 3

https://www.hawthorneracecourse.com/.../favorites.php

daoilman

And then there were three.....The #1 in the seventh finished second, I'm still alive.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68533

And then there were three.....The #1 in the seventh finished second, I'm still alive.
    Very good for you.

Keep up the good work and best of luck.

dugbug15

nice job oilman.finish em' off.

daoilman

Thanks for the encouragement fellas, four days to go. Tomorrows card looks very competitive, perhaps the most challenging yet, but I'm on it already, looking for the sure thing, I gotta stay alive.

daoilman

I'm still alive, today I was on the #3 in the first race, he finished second. Of the three players still alive two of us used horses in the first race, both of us survived, the other player who's pick was in the first race was on the winner (#5), the #3 and the #5 photoed for the win.

The other survivor is using the #4 horse in the seventh.

Top 10 Contest Favorites: Thursday December 27th
    33.33% selected #04 Roman Invader in race 7
    33.33% selected #05 Fairy Cat in race 1
    33.33% selected #03 Endless Drive in race 1

daoilman

And then there were two...I'm still alive, today I used the #2 in the first, this one came home an easy winner as the odds on favorite.

Two players, myself and one other both used the #2 in the first, the third player was on the #3, that selection ran out, thus eliminating one more from the contest.

Top 10 Contest Favorites: Friday December 28th
    66.67% selected #02 Kentucky Gal in race 1
    33.33% selected #03 Dontbetellinme in race 1

daoilman

What I thought would happen did happen, today both the other player and myself are on the same horse, we both chose the #7 in the second race. That being said, there are two possibilities, either we both go out and we split the top prize, or we both move on to the final day.

Top 10 Contest Favorites: Saturday December 29th
    100.00% selected #07 Pleasant Angel in race 2

daoilman

Today, which is the last day of the Hawthorne Winter Holiday meet, and the last day of the survivor contest, there are two of us still alive. Also today the other contestant and myself have chosen the same horse once again.

What this means is that we will split the prize money, the contest is over.

Top 10 Contest Favorites: Sunday December 30th
    100.00% selected #07 Conchacer in race 3

A big thanks goes out to dugbug15 for posting the info about the contest, and for his offer to help by supplying PP's as needed.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68533

Today, which is the last day of the Hawthorne Winter Holiday meet, and the last day of the survivor contest, there are two of us still alive. Also today the other contestant and myself have chosen the same horse once again.

What this means is that we will split the prize money, the contest is over.

Top 10 Contest Favorites: Sunday December 30th
    100.00% selected #07 Conchacer in race 3

A big thanks goes out to dugbug15 for posting the info about the contest, and for his offer to help by supplying PP's as needed.
    Wow. Congrats to you. That type of contest is a real grind. Very well done.

daoilman

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    Wow. Congrats to you. That type of contest is a real grind. Very well done.
    Thank you, coming from you that means a lot and is much appreciated.

12 Last