TrickFinger
    TrickFinger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Today: How To Beat Laurel Park, picks etc.

I'll be posting todays picks for Laurel Park 15 min before the race starts....

As usual I absolutely totally and utterly decimate liquefy and puree Joey p...

Enjoy

TrickFinger

And for race number 1 we have 2,6,5

TrickFinger

If either 2 or 6 is over 2-1 then bet your grandmothers dowry on them

TrickFinger

And remember TrickFinger is Never wrong

pley1234
    pley1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 222

NO#10 ......... wins

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

I guess that means he isn't posting the rest?

gembo12
    gembo12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3480

Guess not.

brucedenton
    brucedenton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22950

Quote Originally Posted by gembo12 View Post
    Guess not.
    How funny.

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Guy is on something.He always comes in like he just did 15 lines of coke and is gone as quick as it wears off.Of course sometimes a binge can last a week or two.Looks like only a $20 bag for this round.
    Points Awarded:

Arletta gave mikemca 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68545

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    Guy is on something.He always comes in like he just did 15 lines of coke and is gone as quick as it wears off.Of course sometimes a binge can last a week or two.Looks like only a $20 bag for this round.

My rule of thumb for Laurel from November -March is to never bet against the speed in the 1st race when going 5 1/2. That distance does not come up very often as a first race, but when it does, my rule was speed or pass. Too be clear, I am speaking only about that 5 1/2 distance and only about the 1st race.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post

My rule of thumb for Laurel from November -March is to never bet against the speed in the 1st race when going 5 1/2. That distance does not come up very often as a first race, but when it does, my rule was speed or pass. Too be clear, I am speaking only about that 5 1/2 distance and only about the 1st race.

I don't play Laurel that much.I refuse to play any track that lets Jamie Ness run roughshod(Delaware,Laurel,Tampa Bay,etc...) because they are basically run in a wild west style.Its getting harder and harder to find tracks that evolved past that point though.Someone posted this story about one way they go about it.The link is at the bottom of post.The same way as the cyclists did.You draw blood from your horse,?a pint?, and send it to lab where they inject EPO to the pint of blood.Then you put the pint back in the horse and it grows wings and is pretty much undetectable because horses produce EPO naturally.As do humans.The only thing I know about Laurel is Horacio Karamanos is $$$ on the turf.

[www.news.com.au]

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68545

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    I don't play Laurel that much.I refuse to play any track that lets Jamie Ness run roughshod(Delaware,Laurel,Tampa Bay,etc...) because they are basically run in a wild west style.Its getting harder and harder to find tracks that evolved past that point though.Someone posted this story about one way they go about it.The link is at the bottom of post.The same way as the cyclists did.You draw blood from your horse,?a pint?, and send it to lab where they inject EPO to the pint of blood.Then you put the pint back in the horse and it grows wings and is pretty much undetectable because horses produce EPO naturally.As do humans.The only thing I know about Laurel is Horacio Karamanos is $$$ on the turf.

[www.news.com.au]
    When I left Karamanos was not yet on the seen. I do stay in contact with his agent, so I do realize that he is very solid on the grass to say the least.
    Trainer Ness was not yet on the seen either. I have never met him. I have heard all the negative about him though, I think. Quick story, I went to a football game a few weeks ago with a vet that I got to know way back in the 70s. He was the vet for the outfit where I worked and of course, he became my vet when I went out on my own and until the day I left. A true friend that has total respect for the game as well as being honest within the game. Long story short, we talk briefly about who he still has as clients on the backside and he rattles off plenty of the names that I have known for years and then he says Ness. I said, yeah I don't know that guy. He says, one of the leading trainers in the country. A big outfit.
    That's as far as the conversation went in regards to Ness. Having said that, I admit that I said to myself, really, that guy?
    Now there is one thing that I know for sure and would stake everything on it. This vet and the people within his firm would never, ever, have any part of anything illegal as to the treating of horses. That is absolute. So the question begs, what gives with all of this?
    The answer is I don't know, but this much I do know. I watched several guys blatantly cheat time after time while going from 7% and nothing to 27% or more and a barn full of horses back in the day. Previous posts in my thread have detailed that. Is this what happened here? I don't know but I am as sure as the sun coming up in the morning that my vet would not be party to what is talked about .

As for the article, all in all, it was very good. Some portions I would absolutely believe and some not at all. Like any juicy story, I suppose.

As for the blood doping, yep, many forms of this have surfaced in the last few decades. As stated previously, that's one of the reasons I got out.

I do not honestly know if the chemists can detect this stuff or to what % they are successful. I do know this. Anyone caught should get life if proven to have used it or in possession of it . Random car searches for all vehicles entering and leaving the stable gate used to happen from time to time, especially in New Jersey. I don't know about now. With the private property clause allowing track owners to shun trainers without legal proof, it is a slippery slop to toss a guy because he wins, but somewhere in between doing nothing and doing too much probably lies an area that could work to help prevent cheating.