billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Most tendon injuries result in scar tissue or lesions that lead to bowing. This guy is erring on the side of caution.

Good for the horse and good for the game.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68557

Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    You are going to debate that with someone who has shared ownership in more than you will ever be worth?
    Having saddled over 1,000 winners , I sure as hell will. Let's talk about horses shall we.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Most tendon injuries result in scar tissue or lesions that lead to bowing. This guy is erring on the side of caution.

Scar tissue and lesions are due to the straining of the tendon. Straining of the tendon is due to bowing.

I never said he did not do the right thing.

billysink

I will certainly challenge you to tell me what is not factual about my post.

Fukkin garbage I have seen in the game is not for the faint of heart,

And you fukkin well know it,

How many horses have you seen drowned 600 miles from the nearest fukkin swimming pool.?
    Last edited by billysink; 06-08-12 at 03:31 PM.

billysink

Ever wonder what it would be like to drown in a fukkin soup made of baking soda.

STR......is bleach just for laundry???

Ever see a horse run on some shit that is meant to keep someone alive who is fighting for their life to survive cancer?

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Bowed tendon. Career ending injury for most horses. Some of the cheaper ones have this injury blocked with snail venom or something similar. They are raced (usually not more than 5-10 times) until the tendon pulls from the bone and then are put down. Basically a blocked horse cannot even feel his leg below the knee or stifle and runs like he is healthy until the injury cripples him, If you have ever seen a horse that raced blocked the day after that race, even the worst of you fuks would feel like crying.

There are a lot of trainers out there that claim or seek out a big hearted, speedy but crippled horse like this and profit from it's demise.
    quote: Some of the cheaper ones have this injury blocked with snail venom or something similar.

answer: Any block into a tendon will be picked up in any blood or urine test in North America. It is ALWAYS one of the over 200 things that they look for.

Quote: They are raced (usually not more than 5-10 times) until the tendon pulls from the bone and then are put down.

Answer: The tendon is not attached to the bone.

Quote: Basically a blocked horse cannot even feel his leg below the knee or stifle and runs like he is healthy until the injury cripples him,( you edited out the part where the horse is put down )

Answer: While it is possible to block any part of a horse , human or whatever, to suggest that trainers do this and run them in this condition is disgraceful . This is so far from the truth, AND YOU KNOW IT, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Quote: If you have ever seen a horse that raced blocked the day after that race, even the worst of you fuks would feel like crying.

Answer: you never did either because it never happened.

Quote: There are a lot of trainers out there that claim or seek out a big hearted, speedy but crippled horse like this and profit from it's demise.

Answer: So they are blocked until ruined right? Wrong. Never happened. Could not have happened. A state vet checks each horses legs, all 4 of them and they jog for them prior to being allowed. They would know the difference. They are licensed vets.
    When a private vet uses a blocking agent or any controlled substance for that matter, they must document who they used it on and what time it was used. That gets turned over to the state each day. So a vet is going to go to vet school and have a practice that makes them a living and risk everything to cash a bet or to help a trainer out? Yeah right. That makes no sense whatsoever.

Lastly, no, I never did pay 50k for a maiden , sink 30k into it's training, and watch it run once. I was smarter than that.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

This guy has never ever ever ever ever erred on the side of caution before.Two years ago he claimed a horse for 25k and kept running it until it broke down in a 2k claimer at Los Al.

Nationally, thoroughbred horses break down or show signs of injury at a rate of 5.1 per thousand starts, according to The Times’s analysis of more than 150,000 races over the past three years. In more than 2,300 starts, horses trained by O’Neill show a breakdown or injury frequency more than double that rate, at 12.0 per thousand starts.

Just saying I don't think we are getting the whole story.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Ever wonder what it would be like to drown in a fukkin soup made of baking soda.

STR......is bleach just for laundry???

Ever see a horse run on some shit that is meant to keep someone alive who is fighting for their life to survive cancer?
    Have no clue about your bleach comment.

Methotrexate? Crap like that is one of the several reasons that I left the game .

billysink

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    quote: Some of the cheaper ones have this injury blocked with snail venom or something similar.

answer: Any block into a tendon will be picked up in any blood or urine test in North America. It is ALWAYS one of the over 200 things that they look for.

Quote: They are raced (usually not more than 5-10 times) until the tendon pulls from the bone and then are put down.

59 pounds of bullshit.

Answer: The tendon is not attached to the bone.

Quote: Basically a blocked horse cannot even feel his leg below the knee or stifle and runs like he is healthy until the injury cripples him,( you edited out the part where the horse is put down )

Answer: While it is possible to block any part of a horse , human or whatever, to suggest that trainers do this and run them in this condition is disgraceful . This is so far from the truth, AND YOU KNOW IT, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Quote: If you have ever seen a horse that raced blocked the day after that race, even the worst of you fuks would feel like crying.

Answer: you never did either because it never happened.

Quote: There are a lot of trainers out there that claim or seek out a big hearted, speedy but crippled horse like this and profit from it's demise.

Answer: So they are blocked until ruined right? Wrong. Never happened. Could not have happened. A state vet checks each horses legs, all 4 of them and they jog for them prior to being allowed. They would know the difference. They are licensed vets.
    When a private vet uses a blocking agent or any controlled substance for that matter, they must document who they used it on and what time it was used. That gets turned over to the state each day. So a vet is going to go to vet school and have a practice that makes them a living and risk everything to cash a bet or to help a trainer out? Yeah right. That makes no sense whatsoever.

Lastly, no, I never did pay 50k for a maiden , sink 30k into it's training, and watch it run once. I was smarter than that.

You fukkin posting like testing means something???

You fukkin posting like a vet is the only one who administers medication to a horse.

You posting like organized crime does not have more than a vet or two on the payroll?

You acting like you are fukkin smart because you never had one go lame in it's first race??? Not a maiden either idiot. One I fukkin bred.
    The farther that tendon inflames from the bone the worse the circulation and strangulation is. "From the bone" Coffin to be particular.

Go stick your head back in the fukkin sand. Did you race on the fair circuit or something?

Because it never happened.

Fukk right off I have probably been in more fukkin barns than you,.

billysink

Have no clue about your bleach comment.

Methotrexate? Crap like that is one of the several reasons that I left the game .
    Thank you.

We are now on the same page. I cannot even watch anymore.

billysink

Done with this topic. Makes me fukkin sick just to talk about it.

Bunch of bad memories.

Good luck tomorrow with whatever you play.

Paynter is the value.

I will not watch or wager.

billysink

Love the animals like they are my family

Hate the game for what it has become.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Love the animals like they are my family

Hate the game for what it has become.
    Sorry to hear that. It sounds like greed is destroying the game. Sad reality.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

You fukkin posting like testing means something???

You fukkin posting like a vet is the only one who administers medication to a horse.

You posting like organized crime does not have more than a vet or two on the payroll?

You acting like you are fukkin smart because you never had one go lame in it's first race??? Not a maiden either idiot. One I fukkin bred.
    The farther that tendon inflames from the bone the worse the circulation and strangulation is. "From the bone" Coffin to be particular.

Go stick your head back in the fukkin sand. Did you race on the fair circuit or something?

Because it never happened.

Fukk right off I have probably been in more fukkin barns than you,.

Quote: The farther that tendon inflames from the bone the worse the circulation and strangulation is. "From the bone" Coffin to be particular.

Answer: So this magic tendon, that ends at the ankle , somehow eludes the long and short pastern bones and attaches itself to the coffin bone in the bottom of the horses foot?

Quote: You acting like you are fukkin smart because you never had one go lame in it's first race??? Not a maiden either idiot. One I fukkin bred.

Answer: Well if you bred it and it only ran once how could it have been anything other than a maiden?

I know, Tony Soprano right?

This is ridiculous.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Billy I don't and won't fight about this. But when I pour almost 3 decades of my life into a game, I don't like people to bash it. Being a breeder you have to feel the same way.
    It's a shame.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    Somebody took this horse out a la Nancy Kerrigan style. Surprised it's passing the smell test of the public.
    Not at all impossible. He was never welcome there, and things had been going from bad to worse the whole time he was there, since May 20th. We'll never know what went on for sure in that idiotic detention barn, but the stage was set.

billysink

Billy I don't and won't fight about this. But when I pour almost 3 decades of my life into a game, I don't like people to bash it. Being a breeder you have to feel the same way.
    It's a shame.
    Rubbed more legs than I need to tally. Cared about every one of them like they were my kids.

I will only tell the truth. Saw way too much with my own eyes.

The game deserves all the bashing it gets.

The animal does not,

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

This really sucks. Wanted to finally see a triple crown winner.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Rubbed more legs than I need to tally. Cared about every one of them like they were my kids.

I will only tell the truth. Saw way too much with my own eyes.

The game deserves all the bashing it gets.

The animal does not,
    Billy, I can not imagine where you saw all of the injustices that you saw. I trained in Maryland and ran all over the east coast and it just was not like that where I was. I am sorry that you had to deal with that sort of thing.

davidchong
    davidchong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 697

O'neil is hidden the real reason

First 123