InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

I'll Have Another:Bodemeister :: Affirmed:Alydar?

Alydar one of the greatest ever was not good enough to beat a legend....maybe bodemeister ends up the same

How much would I'll have another be worth if he wins the triple?

Petey Wheatstraw
    Petey Wheatstraw's Avatar Become A Pro!

Only difference, Affirmed always kept a head or more in front of Alydar. But they battled like warriors in all 3 triple crown races. They also did the same thing as 2 year olds in the Laurel Futurity in November 1977. Wow that was the best. Affirmed is my favorite horse of all time, but I must admt, Secritariat was the best.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: InTheDrink

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

great duel for sure...

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

i don't think that horse can place in the Belmont due to the distance

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Petey Wheatstraw View Post
    Only difference, Affirmed always kept a head or more in front of Alydar. But they battled like warriors in all 3 triple crown races. They also did the same thing as 2 year olds in the Laurel Futurity in November 1977. Wow that was the best. Affirmed is my favorite horse of all time, but I must admt, Secritariat was the best.
    Wow petey you saw all of that live? I grew up seeing those races over and over in highlights when I used to go Saratoga as a kid and into early adulthood. Seen those triple crown races easy 100 times each. Fukkin awesome rivalry.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3165

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    If you are referring to Bodemeister, DRF is reporting that he will not run in the Belmont.

Petey Wheatstraw

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    Wow petey you saw all of that live? I grew up seeing those races over and over in highlights when I used to go Saratoga as a kid and into early adulthood. Seen those triple crown races easy 100 times each. Fukkin awesome rivalry.
    I was at the Laurel Futurity, saw the Triple Crown races on the old Zenith. The legendary announcer Chic Anderson headed the sportscasting on CBS for those classics.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

I was at the Laurel Futurity, saw the Triple Crown races on the old Zenith. The legendary announcer Chic Anderson headed the sportscasting on CBS for those classics.
    Unbelievable

I went to every travers for 13 years starting in 1995. Best horse I ever saw was Point Given. Big red train. Fukkin giant horse. Loved that mother fukker.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

My God

Some guys watch their first horse race today and now comparing to history

Everyone settle down

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    My God

Everyone settle down
    Are you fukkin thick in the head? Only two horses in history ever finished 1-2 in every triple crown race....the comparison is pretty fuckin obvious

Im sorry to hear bode won't be running Belmont

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    My God

Everyone settle down

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68207

So was I Petey.

Where were you sitting?

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Thought you might enjoy this.

affirmed.jpg

Petey Wheatstraw

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    So was I Petey.

Where were you sitting?
    I was sitting in the FRONT ROW in the Club house seats, in back of those huge glass windows that would warm your cockles on a cool November day. Wow, I miss those days. Even miss old Bowie Race course especially. Was there on last day Bowie ran.

I have a bad desire that either Laurel or Pimlico burn down and that they ressurect Bowie with a new facility and world class accomodations.

They still do morning works at Bowie, as the track still exists. What I wouldn't give for a bowl of that Harry M. Stevens clam chowder after walking up the steep grandstand parking lot on a cold January day. Those were the days! You only had 9 races to get 'er done. You had to be an excellent capper and follow the local action to stay in the black. I got more stories if you would like 'em.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

bode won't be running in belmont,

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

I was sitting in the FRONT ROW in the Club house seats, in back of those huge glass windows that would warm your cockles on a cool November day. Wow, I miss those days. Even miss old Bowie Race course especially. Was there on last day Bowie ran.

I have a bad desire that either Laurel or Pimlico burn down and that they ressurect Bowie with a new facility and world class accomodations.

They still do morning works at Bowie, as the track still exists. What I wouldn't give for a bowl of that Harry M. Stevens clam chowder after walking up the steep grandstand parking lot on a cold January day. Those were the days! You only had 9 races to get 'er done. You had to be an excellent capper and follow the local action to stay in the black. I got more stories if you would like 'em.
    Petey, I trained there from 1976-2000. Bowie was my absolute favorite track. My avatar is one of my horses( initials in my blinkers) winning at Pimlico. See the old part of the grandstand in the background.
    Here is a pic of Bowie in the background. 1st training title in 1979.
    bowie.jpg

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Bowie !

1.jpg

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Just a dusting of snow at Bowie.

3.jpg

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Did you keep your race track dirt that they gave out too everyone. Still have mine.
    I was in the front boxes as well . About 50 feet past the finish line. Whose box were you in?

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11488

Haven't even looked at a prospective field for the Belmont yet, but the first thing I'm going to do is see if Nick Zito has an entry. And then a closer look if people blow it off as a long shot.

Btw, Gutierrez has two patient, flawless rides on I'll Have Another - especially the Preakness. A nervous or more aggressive jockey probably would not have won on him.

To Belmont, I cite two horses in consecutive years that won the Derby and Preakness before losing the crown:

Funny Cide - in the week before Belmont, the trainer and/or exercise jockey (Barclay Tagg, an excellent trainer) made such a huge mistake that I will never understand it. He sent out Funny Cide to run a hard 8F workout and the horse (this is after winning the first 2 legs of the Triple Crown) pretty much blew itself out, running the mile running the mile like it was a sprint.

Some railbirds were saying he shouldn't even have run after that. As it stands, he took a distant 3rd in the mud - but was really the best of "the rest", he did not threaten.

Smarty Jones - much stronger candidate for a Triple Crown. Was ruined by an awful ride Shane Elliott, who let him duel with a crappy speed horse that had no real shot or intent to do anything but ruin his race.

Just because IHA won't get in any speed duels doesn't mean he's not setting up to get mugged in the big race. I am sure a number of potential Derby entrants (closers and horses bred for distance) and also-rans who didn't fare well in the Derby who have been shipped to Belmont solely to prepare for this race. It makes for some great drama, but the odds are in their favor to spoil IHA's bid.

Petey Wheatstraw

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    Did you keep your race track dirt that they gave out too everyone. Still have mine.
    I was in the front boxes as well . About 50 feet past the finish line. Whose box were you in?
    Yes, I still have the momento. It was a small tube filled with sand from the Bowie finish line on a keychain. Mine is still in mint condition. Wonder if it's worth anything.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2287

If you bet the house Q in vegas its worth money like this last race it was huge

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2287

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    The extra 1/4 wont stop these 2 from being ahead of the field

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

more like Sunday Silence/Easy Goer. Similar results in the races. Although Easy Goer ran in the Belmont because he was the only horse that had a shot of beating Sunday Silence and making sure there wasnt a triple crown winner.