konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Peter Mitchell got the last 2 derby winners his pick here

My pick is #4-Union Rags (9-2). This grand-looking individual worked the day before Bodemeister over a track that was deep and tiring before the rains came. His work was awesome, and it took nothing out of him. You know he likes Churchill, and as mentioned earlier, his Florida Derby defeat came with a ton of excuses…he wasn’t cranked up…he was bottled up the whole way…the track was speed-favoring…the pace was modest…the stretch is a mere 898 feet…yet he still came running. This horse is the real deal…and he’s sitting on the race of his life! I’ll bet on #4-Union Rags across the board, and key him on top in exactas and tri’s over #6-Bodemeister, #8-Creative Cause, #10-Daddy Nose Best, #11- Alpha, #15-Gemologist and #19-I’ll Have Another. The tickets shape up as follows: $1 EX 4/6,8,10,11,15,19…cost of $6; $1 TRI 4/6,8,10,11,15,19/6,8,10,11,15,19…cost of $30; I’ll play one saver exacta, with Bodemeister over Union Rags.

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Here's what Pete wrote on our website before the last two Kentucky Derbies:
    May 6, 2011
    "My pick to win the 137th Running of The Kentucky Derby is Animal Kingdom (30-1). True, like Mucho Macho Man, he hasn’t raced in six weeks. He’s lightly raced, with only four starts. He hasn’t raced on dirt either, which is a major question mark. Still, he trained beautifully over the Churchill main oval, breezing six furlongs on April 30th in a sprightly 1:13. He’s in the expert hands of trainer Graham Motion, who never pushes his horses to make a date. Animal Kingdom is bred to run all day, and has made up ground in the stretch of all of his races. He’s got a pair of wins and a pair of seconds to show for his efforts. With no clear-cut favorite, and an honest pace expected, I’m looking for Animal Kingdom to come storming down the stretch and vault to the head of the 3YO class with an emphatic win in this year’s Run for the Roses! I’ll bet him across the board at odds of 15-1 or better..."
    April 30, 2010
    "With rain in the forecast for Saturday, it will be important to identify horses that have performed well on “off” tracks, or at least worked well in the sloppy conditions that they encountered during their Derby preparations here. Due to space constraints, I’ll focus on the horses that I believe will perform well on Saturday, in order of preference:
    #4-Super Saver: This horse loves Churchill Downs, having won The Kentucky Jockey Club Stakes by open lengths in his final start as a 2YO. He’s training great, and should be ready for a top effort in the third race of his form cycle. Having Calvin Borel aboard won’t hurt either. Super Saver should out-break the three horses to his inside, and settle into a rail-skimming trip several lengths behind the early pace-setters. He’s bred to love the distance (Tomlinson Distance Rating of 364), and should be strong in the stretch. Note he broke his maiden by seven lengths in the slop at Belmont, so the weather shouldn’t be an issue. The pick."

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

so last year he liked a long shot and this year a fav

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Yeah i was thinking that to but maybe its the pressure of a win streak I actually got his email last year before that pick Betonline sent it out to all of there players before the race then emailed all of us afterwards I know he had last years couldnt remember any emails from 2 years ago but that would be kind of the same price as this year