JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9162

Wood Memorial

#3 My Adonis

His Ragozins have improved in each of his races except when he got in a, suicidal duel at Delta Downs 3 races back. His most recent race he was a 7 which is the equal of Alpha and 1 slower than Gemologist. He also broke from the rail in a 13 horse field which ain't easy. Third off the layoff and races nicely spaced. Like him at a price.

#7 Tiger Walk

Ran an 8 his first time on dirt in December as a 2yo at a mile. Ran evenly off 7 plus week layoff and then 4 weeks later (opposite of My Adonis) had to break from the 13 hole in the Gotham and didn't run horribly coming in 4th. Third off the layoff, nicely spaced races and Johnny V the new pilot.

bol if you play

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3177

Good write up. Leaning towards My Adonis. A little concerned Gemologist is poised for a big effort. Have to check the tote board and see what the prices are.

Easy-Rider 66

Going with the #8 Lumber Guy to win $10/ $3 exacta box 3,8 and 6,8

Easy-Rider 66

Gemologist might go off as the favorite for the Derby. Undefeated and a Pletcher horse. Have to see what his Beyer was for the Wood. Track was playing slow yesterday at Aqueduct.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Gemologist might go off as the favorite for the Derby. Undefeated and a Pletcher horse. Have to see what his Beyer was for the Wood. Track was playing slow yesterday at Aqueduct.

Gemologist got a 98 beyer for winning the Wood.I'll Have Another got a 94 in the SA derby and Done Talking got a 86.I hope he does go favored.I pretty much always try to beat the favorite and wouldn't mind him in that role.Think the place finishers are the horses to go forward Creative Cause and Alpha.I may have underestimated Alpha . They were both trained up to their races with the intent of not emptying the tank.They weren't even working Creative Cause in the morning as hard as they usually do and even took the blinkers off.Still a little bit to go until May 5th but this weekend changed nothing in my view except maybe picking up a vulnerable favorite .

Easy-Rider 66

Creative Cause still has the best beyer of all the Derby contenders. I wonder though if his effort in the Santa Anita derby will take something out of him- I'll Have Another as well. It will be interesting to see how Hansen performs in the Bluegrass Stakes next weekend. If he runs a big #, he might also go off as the favorite. He seems to be a hard trying Colt. Once the Derby field is set, DRF gives analysis of pedigrees to see if a particular horse can get the 10 furlongs. That and what the sheet #'s are will determine my pick. 4 weeks to go.

Easy-Rider 66

Another reason that Gemologist might be favored for the Derby is that he has 2 wins over the Churchhill Downs Track. That with his undefeated status might be the difference. But can he get the Distance?