Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

April before the Kentucky Derby

Hero of Order wins the $1 million Louisiana Derby at an astronomical 109-1. The stuff legends are made off. But this is one story that won't have a continuation the first Saturday of May. Hero of Order isn't eligible for the Derby. Unless there are less than 20 of the 'officially approved' Triple Crown nominees in the race, Hero of Order, who has plenty of earnings, won't be there. April Fool's Gold.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3177

Hero of Order had a couple of decent numbers his previous 2 races. Hoping that Mark Valeski's 2nd place finish gives him enough earnings to get into the Derby, as I have him in the futures at 50/1. Good race.

dise-pa
    dise-pa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4269

!WOW! what a race.. that was the 99th LD and won with a tote of 99-1 odds!!!!

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

There were a bunch of head scratching winners throughout Sunday at Fair Grounds.As for the LA Derby though it wouldn't matter if Hero Of Order was nominated, no one coming out of that race would even hit the superfecta May 5th.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3177

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    There were a bunch of head scratching winners throughout Sunday at Fair Grounds.As for the LA Derby though it wouldn't matter if Hero Of Order was nominated, no one coming out of that race would even hit the superfecta May 5th.
    The L Derby was a slow race as Hero of Order got a 90 Beyer. But then again Take Charge Indy got only a 95 beyer for the FL Derby win. I think Mark Valeski bounced a bit after the 97 Beyer he earned in the Risen Star. Not sure he wants the 10 furlongs, but I will take my chances at 50/1.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dise-pa View Post
    !WOW! what a race.. that was the 99th LD and won with a tote of 99-1 odds!!!!
    It was actually 109-1, but the board only has room for 2 digits. lol

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    The L Derby was a slow race as Hero of Order got a 90 Beyer. But then again Take Charge Indy got only a 95 beyer for the FL Derby win. I think Mark Valeski bounced a bit after the 97 Beyer he earned in the Risen Star. Not sure he wants the 10 furlongs, but I will take my chances at 50/1.

Yeah no doubt at 50-1 just about anyone that makes it into the gate is worth it and if Mark Valeski makes the field he will probably be in the vicinity of 20/25-1 so that is a pretty big overlay.

There are still 5 or 6 preps left but right now Union Rags,Creative Cause,Take Charge Indy,Hansen,El Padrino look a little ahead of everyone.I question the distance for most of them while Take Charge Indy is bred for it he is going to have to rate.Creative Cause is the only one I'd say can definitely get the distance.I'm interested to see how much Street Life,Bodemeister,Alpha, and Gemologist improve in their prep race as they could be competitive with a minor jump.

Or it could be another horse that doesn't make a lot of sense.There is really no way to predict with certainty how a 3 year old will run between the 9th and 10th furlong until he has done it.