SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1586

Union Rags

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68483

It's not the Fla. Derby but Grace Hall just galloped in the Oaks.

She is really special.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3229

The Deby race is now wide open. I thought Union Rags would win yesterday, but I would not bet him at 2/5. Nice price at 7/1 for those that took Take Charge Indy. It will be interesting to see who the favorite is for the big one.

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4512

For some reason, i never really like that horse.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

I think you guys are jumping the gun.Gulfstream is probably the worst track for Union Rags .The spring/summer/fall tracks are right in his wheelhouse (Churchill/Belmont/Saratoga) with the exception of Pimlico but that one is quirky and if it took rain the day of or within the past few days can be right up his alley too.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

another day, another excuse for the UR. I only wonder what his will be in May.

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    I think you guys are jumping the gun.Gulfstream is probably the worst track for Union Rags .The spring/summer/fall tracks are right in his wheelhouse (Churchill/Belmont/Saratoga) with the exception of Pimlico but that one is quirky and if it took rain the day of or within the past few days can be right up his alley too.
    Do you still think Union Rags will be the favorite for the Derby? If you still like him yesterday might have been a good outcome for you. If he had won the Fl Derby, he probably would have been around 2/1 for the big race. Now I think it's wide open.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Do you still think Union Rags will be the favorite for the Derby? If you still like him yesterday might have been a good outcome for you. If he had won the Fl Derby, he probably would have been around 2/1 for the big race. Now I think it's wide open.
    His backers seem to have dug their heels in. If anything this 3rd place has seemed to steel their resolve to bet him, if that makes any sense at all. I'm not so sure we are going to see much of a difference, but who knows maybe Hansen will go crazy in his prep and take some money with him.

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Yeah I still think he will be favored.I have been on the Take Charge Indy bandwagon for a while now though.So his win yesterday kind of spoiled the coming out payday I thought I was going to get in the Belmont or Derby.

Union Rags excuses are legitimate though.In the juvenile he ran a football field more than Hansen and yesterday was a combination of things.Gulfstream's track,Leparoux's ride,Castellano boxing him in, and Take Charge Indy being a really good horse.

Easy-Rider 66

Yeah I still think he will be favored.I have been on the Take Charge Indy bandwagon for a while now though.So his win yesterday kind of spoiled the coming out payday I thought I was going to get in the Belmont or Derby.

Union Rags excuses are legitimate though.In the juvenile he ran a football field more than Hansen and yesterday was a combination of things.Gulfstream's track,Leparoux's ride,Castellano boxing him in, and Take Charge Indy being a really good horse.
    You may be right as Union Rags closed as the 9/2 favorite in the future pool for the Derby. The field was 2nd at 6/1.

mikemca
    Update Status

Depending on how good Creative Cause looks in the Santa Anita Derby I'd say its between those two.

Easy-Rider 66

Depending on how good Creative Cause looks in the Santa Anita Derby I'd say its between those two.
    Yeah, Creative Cause has the best Beyer of all the contenders at 102. Plus as you said the 10 furlongs might not be a problem for him. It will be interesting to see if he shows progress this weekend. If he does, he probably will be the favorite for the Derby.