MrBrown
    MrBrown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by daoilman View Post
    So you got anything there that's alive that you wanna share?
    As with any other track, LS starting up is no different for me.
    I look at the top trainers (on that link I sent) that have at least 12% wins at the last meeting with at least 20 starts, then look for alot of Yellow (par times) in their running lines.
    I, unlike Ed, rarely play a horse to win.
    Instead I key, wheel, or if I can find 2 or 3 that fit the bill for an exacta, box exotics (dd's, P3,4,6)
    If you checked out tonights card using this method at LS you'd see there were some very good opps

MrBrown

Also as I pointed out before there are some trainer stats that are incorrect that can be misleading.
    1 I found at LS so far is C.White, Ed's site shows 0 for 1 over 3 years, checking his stats on equibase he is 4 for 37 this year.
    When I find these I write them down to make sure I don't miss them when they come up again.
    Not knocking Ed's site at all, tons of very good free stuff there but I take this serious, more than most I suppose but this is how I make a living so it is what it is I guess

daoilman
    daoilman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Looks like they're gaining on the site upgrades, Keenland stats are back.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3341

Looks like they're gaining on the site upgrades, Keenland stats are back.
    Yeah, Purchased past performances from DRF last couple of days for Keeneland. Glad they are back up.

daoilman

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Yeah, Purchased past performances from DRF last couple of days for Keeneland. Glad they are back up.

As much as I hate to say it, it looks like Bain is a wash, first it was supposed to be last Friday that everything was up and running, then it was supposed to be Sunday that everything was back to working, here it is Monday and Bain has one track up?

I have emailed him a couple times without much of a response, only a form letter that somewhat detailed the delays. I had hoped that Bain would be around a little in the forum, but I guess that's not to be.

joeyp1222
    joeyp1222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

As much as I hate to say it, it looks like Bain is a wash, first it was supposed to be last Friday that everything was up and running, then it was supposed to be Sunday that everything was back to working, here it is Monday and Bain has one track up?

I have emailed him a couple times without much of a response, only a form letter that somewhat detailed the delays. I had hoped that Bain would be around a little in the forum, but I guess that's not to be.

hey oily, you going to barrons to play cards tuesdaynight at 7? they just started that game 30-50 players @$30 no rebuys

daoilman

Quote Originally Posted by joeyp1222 View Post
    hey oily, you going to barrons to play cards tuesdaynight at 7? they just started that game 30-50 players @$30 no rebuys
    Way to tight in there for this fat old man, I need wide open spaces and breathing room.

Arletta
    Arletta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Let's be patient... Give him another day or so.. dealing with upgrades and such never go according to plan.

Arletta

Sites back up and updated

daoilman

Quote Originally Posted by Arletta View Post
    Sites back up and updated
    Looks like it's down again.

Arletta

Looks like it's down again.
    I just saw that

Arletta

Site's totally gone now

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3341

Back up and running with some of the usual tracks listed.

daoilman

Down again.

Arletta

Down again.

daoilman

lol, me too.

joeyp1222
    joeyp1222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

whats you doing oilly? any cards lately? getting more stuff in this week
    /

daoilman

Quote Originally Posted by joeyp1222 View Post
    whats you doing oilly? any cards lately? getting more stuff in this week
    Waiting for you to go PRO so I can stop and have hotpie with you.

daoilman

???

daoilman

The Baintrain is back up and rolling....

MrBrown

but some of his stats still screwed up, JM ROGERS (very misleading, shows 0 wins last 3 yrs, truth 9 for 55 this yr) he still hasn't fixed among at least a dozen others I know of.

brucedenton
    brucedenton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22950

Quote Originally Posted by MrBrown View Post
    but some of his stats still screwed up, JM ROGERS (very misleading, shows 0 wins last 3 yrs, truth 9 for 55 this yr) he still hasn't fixed among at least a dozen others I know of.
    I feel Ed's under a microscope. I'm sure he's trying his best and putting his numbers out there. I'm sure MOST of his numbers are correct.

MrBrown

Quote Originally Posted by brucedenton View Post
    I feel Ed's under a microscope. I'm sure he's trying his best and putting his numbers out there. I'm sure MOST of his numbers are correct.
    if you look back on my earlier posts I've said this a few times,this is in no way any knock against Ed or his site.
    What you get for free on his site is pretty awesome.
    What I am saying is this, if you see a trainer with 0% wins it's best to check the stats elsewhere (i use equibase).
    Me, I've been following trainers for dozens of years and have my own stats and don't need Ed's site but if you are like most and don't it's best to double check if you're serious about cashing the max bets you can get

brucedenton

if you look back on my earlier posts I've said this a few times,this is in no way any knock against Ed or his site.
    What you get for free on his site is pretty awesome.
    What I am saying is this, if you see a trainer with 0% wins it's best to check the stats elsewhere (i use equibase).
    Me, I've been following trainers for dozens of years and have my own stats and don't need Ed's site but if you are like most and don't it's best to double check if you're serious about cashing the max bets you can get
    Makes sense Mr Brown. Thank you for your thorough input. I enjoy reading your posts.

MrBrown

I really wish Ed would come back here once again cause I've asked this question to him twice now and gotten no repy, and I feel it might help the newer folks if he agrees with me, do you think the smaller tracks are much easier to beat using trainers?
    To me it sure has been over the years without question, really interested to know Ed's feeling on this.

daoilman

Does it seem that the upgrades are taking a long time to complete, or is it just me?

Arletta

Does it seem that the upgrades are taking a long time to complete, or is it just me?
    It's not just you.

brucedenton

It's not just you.
    His site is down more than it's up. Sounds like me. lol

daoilman

Quote Originally Posted by brucedenton View Post
    His site is down more than it's up. Sounds like me. lol
    Yeah, and it really kinda sucks, something comes along for free that enhances handicapping and gives an added edge, and it only works once in a while.

brucedenton

Yeah, and it really kinda sucks, something comes along for free that enhances handicapping and gives an added edge, and it only works once in a while.
    That's how bad my luck is. Oh well.

daoilman

No Bain stats for the last 3 days or so...

I wonder if it will be up and working before next weekend?

MrBrown

site is back up and still has incorrect info, the very FIRST trainer I pull up, Kirby it shows 0%, this guy been around since 1960 with over 2500 wins, 15% this year at 25 for 164

Arletta

site is back up and still has incorrect info, the very FIRST trainer I pull up, Kirby it shows 0%, this guy been around since 1960 with over 2500 wins, 15% this year at 25 for 164
    I've pretty much moved on from that site.

daoilman

Mr. Brown is spot on in his assessment of the info, in fact there are still major flaws that need to be addressed.

As an example, note the horse Star Lillie in the 3rd at Belmont on Thursday, May 10th.
    http://edbain.com/pp/Belmont/5-10-2012/3

Bain stats show the last start for this horse as 05Sep11SAR, when in fact the horse race on April 15th 2012 at Aqueduct over the turf course.
    http://www.brisnet.com/bris_link/pdfs/darley_916742.pdf

Please be very careful using Bain stats, hopefully all issues will be solved in the near future.

MrBrown

Mr. Brown is spot on in his assessment of the info, in fact there are still major flaws that need to be addressed.

As an example, note the horse Star Lillie in the 3rd at Belmont on Thursday, May 10th.
    http://edbain.com/pp/Belmont/5-10-2012/3

Bain stats show the last start for this horse as 05Sep11SAR, when in fact the horse race on April 15th 2012 at Aqueduct over the turf course.
    http://www.brisnet.com/bris_link/pdfs/darley_916742.pdf

Please be very careful using Bain stats, hopefully all issues will be solved in the near future.
    You are very correct, also now it seems alot of the jockeys of the horses past races have disappeared along with the 100% par figures which were very helpful in connection with the trainer stats for putting together exoctic wagers imo.
    Hope Ed gets it together cause it was a great site in the past.

First ... 3456