Jakomo67
    Jakomo67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

William Hill Cheltenham Festival promotion - non runner no bet problems

Hello,

I wanted to ask if anyone else is having problems with the William Hill non runner no bet promotion
    at the Cheltenham festival. I was placing a lot of bets at Hills because I thought that I will get my money back in case the horse is a non runner for that race.
    And for some races they indeed gave me my money back and for other races they don't. The support today told me the following:

"We have reviewed your query and very that all bets made were losing bet. Bets were made as an ante post bet and not made in a non runner money back market. Bets will stand even if the horse is a non runner. As per term of ante post betting:

b. Ante post bets are accepted on the understanding that you will lose your stake if your selection does not participate. No Tattersalls' Rule 4 deductions are made from winning bets except when a runner in a horse race is balloted out."

The "non runner no bet" advertises were made all over the web from all affiliates that are working for William Hill and I made my bets some days after these advertises. So this can't be the problem.

Anyone else is having problems?

Jakomo
    Last edited by Jakomo67; 03-18-12 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Spelling

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Looks like the non-runner markets were specific race markets probably created the day before (designed for pre-race scratches), whilst the other markets you bet into were ante-post markets that did not qualify for the promotion..

JayZ
    JayZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5247

William Hill were different from most books in that in days prior to Cheltenham they progressively made races NRNB. So for a period of time only some of the races were NRNB and the rest subject regular antepost rules. Most other books (all?) picked a day to declare they were NRNB on the whole festival.

singgooner
    singgooner's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mate,

Don't bother talking to the monkees - go to the organ grinder !

Write a respectful letter to Kate Miller at William Hill head office - explain the bets and if
    you still have the betting receipts photocopy them and ask how William Hill give it large
    on their PR - but fail to give the little man in the betting shop - the necessary customer service.

She is a lady of huge integrity and she will answer your problems.

If you cannot photocopy - on the receipt there should be a BET ID No. on the receipt - that she
    can get some monkey in head office to track down the bets and give an answer.

Basically, bookies love to take the money - then try to duck out on any payout.

I last used William Hill last 2011 summer and this was a final straw - never again and have never
    given these boys any money since !

Tried to have a short priced win double - Nadal 1/6 & Italy to beat Estonia 2/11 for
    120 quid win double - the monkey behind the till called head office and I was told I could have
    the unbelievable knock down price of - wait for it - Nadal 1/6 & Italy 1/10 !

Told the guy if I could speak to the clown on the other end of the phone and he refused -
    so I told them William Hill - Home of Betting - my ******* ass !

Maybe - you should sign off your letter to Kate Miller with that - you can have that one for free !

LOL !