singgooner
    singgooner's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cheltenham 2012 - Tuesday - Day 1 - Champion Hurdle

Oh yes, let's have it !

The annual England v Ireland clash over the jumps - BRING IT F'ING ON !

Taken the whole week off as holiday from work - stop your grinning and drop your linen
    because over 4 days - we're having it off LARGE !

Will post form cards later - when they are public - Timeform will be posted later for sure.

I think HRTV & TVG may be broadcasting these glorious 4 days of the best steeplechasing on the planet.

Come back later and there will be a form guide for you all !

singgooner

Here it is - Equibase Style Form for you boys - so you can watch one of the biggest sports occasions in Europe - 4 days of the best steeplechasing of the highest quality.

Tomorrow it is the best hurdlers - Friday it is The Gold Cup 3miles 2furlongs and the best chaser in UK & Ireland is crowned.
    Attached Images

oddsfellow
    oddsfellow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11752

Best week of the whole year Singgooner. At the gold cup on Friday. Thanks a lot for the form not seen this type for English racing before.

oddsfellow
    oddsfellow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11752

Have so far backed Tullamore Dew and Galileo's Choice in tomorrows races. Rest of the night studying to see what other gems we can find.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1628

Thanks for the post. I'm in California and will check it out via xpressbet.

singgooner

Woke up and it's like all my birthdays & Christmas Days all wrapped up in 4 days of pure brilliant action.

Here's the card for you Yanks.

9.30am William Hill Supreme Novices“ Hurdle 4yo&Up £56,950 2m110y Grade 1
    10.05am Racing Post Arkle Challenge Trophy Chase 5yo&Up £74,035 2miles Grade 1
    10.40am JLT Specialty Handicap Chase 5yo&Up £42,713 3m110y Grade 3
    11.20am The Stan James Champion Hurdle Challenge Trophy 4yo&Up £210,715 2miles 110yards Grade 1
    12.00pm Glenfarclas Cross Country Handicap Chase 5yo&Up £25,024 3miles 7furlongs
    12.40pm OLBG David Nicholson Mares' Hurdle 4yo&Up £39,389 2m4f Grade 2
    1.15pm Pulteney Land Investments Centenary Novices' Handicap Chase 5yo&Up £28,475 2m4f110y Listed

11.20am is the race to crown the best hurdler in England & Ireland
    and make sure you watch
    12.00pm The Cross-Country Chase - I doubt you have seen anything like this down at Churchill Downs, Beulah Park or even Santa Anita - LOL ! This Cross-Country Chase links the modern day racing back to its original roots, when some gentleman raced to a church steeple over any obstacles that they came up against - hence the variety of fences and the twisty course and hence the name "steeplechase".

If you Yanks want to see 1 race today - for novelty & interest value - you have to see 12.00pm The Cross-Country Chase.

I think all races are live on TVG & HRTV

If you want some deeper form and reading try the 2 English horse racing industry web-sites.

www.racingpost.com
    www.sportinglife.com

both web-sites racing sections are superb for a 1st timer following Cheltenham.

OK, enjoy - now going out to get the UK racing paper - a pallet of 24 cans of beer - Pizza Hut on speed dial.

betfair & betdaq on 2 laptops - get it ready !

Let the wagons roll - see you on the other side !

singgooner

If you didn't catch Day 1 of the best 4 days of steeplechasing anywhere in the world - here are day 1 highlights

9.30am William Hill Supreme Novices“ Hurdle 4yo&Up £56,950 2m110y Grade 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyItdznOdZM

10.05am Racing Post Arkle Challenge Trophy Chase 5yo&Up £74,035 2miles Grade 1
    The winner is a machine and champion in waiting !
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz3ivr1cn8I

11.20am The Stan James Champion Hurdle Challenge Trophy 4yo&Up £210,715 2miles 110yards Grade 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UTtqLkKQf0

Enjoy - will be back on a separate thread for Day 2 form

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1628

Thanks for the links. The winner of the Arkle was the most impressive to my eye. That and the big crowd.