john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Holy Bull

Hansen is the 6/5 morning line favorite for this 1 mile race. I believe his win in the Breeder's Cup Juvenile was at 1 1/16. He likes racing on the front end. If you like a another horse in the race, let us know.

john230

I checked out Daily Racing Form's preview of the race. Said there are a couple of other horses in the race who like racing on the front end. Could be a speed duel. Might try to find the best closer.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by john230 View Post
    I checked out Daily Racing Form's preview of the race. Said there are a couple of other horses in the race who like racing on the front end. Could be a speed duel. Might try to find the best closer.
    There is no real closer in the race (i.e. so far in their development). All speed and stalk.

This is January, and with Hansen already in the KY Derby, there is no real reason for him to peak here. So just a prep race for Hansen. He'll still run big for Dominguez, who took Mucho Macho Man to the house yesterday.

This race is more important to those still trying to qualify for the Derby. The horse I would throw out is Fort Loudon, and to a lesser extent My Adonis.

So other than Hansen, I'm looking at Algorithm, Silver Max, and Consortium. A win in this 400K race most likely translates to a Derby spot. With just six horses in the race the value may be with Silver Max at 8-1. He ran a 86 Beyer at this track a couple of weeks ago, and I'm interested to see him in his first race with Leparoux. Depending on the tote board, I may bet Silver Max to win or place. Still have to look at the trainers and what their plans might be for this one.

FWIW, Hansen has never passed another horse yet. He's gone wire to wire in each of his three starts. Horses to be expected just off the pace: Algorithm, Consortium.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 01-29-12 at 09:29 AM.

zebra58
    zebra58's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

i can't get past the 3 favs 2,4,6, either 2 or 6 for me

john230

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    There is no real closer in the race (i.e. so far in their development). All speed and stalk.

This is January, and with Hansen already in the KY Derby, there is no real reason for him to peak here. So just a prep race for Hansen. He'll still run big for Dominguez, who took Mucho Macho Man to the house yesterday.

This race is more important to those still trying to qualify for the Derby. The horse I would throw out is Fort Loudon, and to a lesser extent My Adonis.

So other than Hansen, I'm looking at Algorithm, Silver Max, and Consortium. A win in this 400K race most likely translates to a Derby spot. With just six horses in the race the value may be with Silver Max at 8-1. He ran a 86 Beyer at this track a couple of weeks ago, and I'm interested to see him in his first race with Leparoux. Depending on the tote board, I may bet Silver Max to place. Still have to look at the trainers and what their plans might be for this one.

Good points. Dan Illman from DRF said he is going with Consortium, one of 2 horses in the race sired by Bernardini. I will take at look at Silver Max as well.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

I like the 2-Consortium too.Mclaughlin has out of this world win percentage stretching horses out and giving them lasix for the first time.He was able to rate in his first start too and that will be a big plus here.Might not be any money to be made though with a Consortium/Hansen exacta .

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9150

Consortium and Algorithms very similar. Both Bernadini's
    so they should improve on the stretch out. Also B is a world class
    sire so good chance these two are runners.. They both ran two
    sprints with almost identical Beyers.Only difference I see is first
    time lasix for Consortium. Besides the fact i A beat C last
    out like the fact A was able to win in June as a 2yo considering
    his distance sire therefore I'll go with Algorithms.

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4332

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    I like the 2-Consortium too.Mclaughlin has out of this world win percentage stretching horses out and giving them lasix for the first time.He was able to rate in his first start too and that will be a big plus here.Might not be any money to be made though with a Consortium/Hansen exacta .
    I am doing Hansen with Consortium or Algorithm exacta (haven't decided yet). Think might give a slight edge to Consortium with first Lasix and stretching out for trainer McLaughlin. I just don't see Hansen losing here especially with only a 6 horse field. Silver Max, I think, he is coming back too soon after his maiden win. Maybe I will do a straight trifecta Hansen/Consortium/Algorithm. That might pay a few $$??

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Hoping a book puts up a matchup for this race. Beats trying to figure out if Hansen shows up or not, and if he still wins with a so-so effort. lol

hawkwind
    hawkwind's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22778

$10 Execta 4-3

GL with your picks 2day everyone

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Skies opened up. Could be a mud bath.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Track now rated as sloppy.

john230

Quote Originally Posted by JBEX View Post
    Consortium and Algorithms very similar. Both Bernadini's
    so they should improve on the stretch out. Also B is a world class
    sire so good chance these two are runners.. They both ran two
    sprints with almost identical Beyers.Only difference I see is first
    time lasix for Consortium. Besides the fact i A beat C last
    out like the fact A was able to win in June as a 2yo considering
    his distance sire therefore I'll go with Algorithms.

Good call on Algorithms. Went with Consortium for better odds.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Pletcher's horses are running like they are unbeatable at Gulfstream.Most of them are bet against when they leave Florida and they'll be even money or less.Happens every year it just sux while they are still at Gulfstream.You can't beat them and you can't make money betting them.

scratbandit
    scratbandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 630

It was a really good race. algo looked great...