Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

TD in the La Brea

Not necessarily betting on Turbulent Descent (with odds like 0.60 and 0.65 on her resume), but one of the owners posts here. Should be able to pick up a nice chunk of cash with this one. So best of luck.

Her kind of distance on a track she likes. No mud flying around this time, as in BC Sprint. Studied her race history and have some concern about her willingness to fight back when challenged for the lead in the stretch. Other than that, no reason not to fly here.

And she could --- go --- all --- the --- way --- TD!!!
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 12-31-11 at 12:33 AM.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks dark horse.. We are excited about today.. It will probably be my last race with her as we have decided to sell our share, but one last go.. It was a special trip and i feel blessed to get involved as my first purchase. I will be investing in some around here in s. florida as i can never make the trips out west and i want my son to go and visit the stables and such. I will be heading down to gulfstream today and tommorow to hopefully meet up with some people so we will see. Good luck to you on your bets.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68545

Good luck WTT.

I hope the last race is a winning one.

madmaxx
    madmaxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

WTT, you are an owner of TD? She has amazing talent just doesn't give a shit sometimes...yesterday was a clear example of her saying "no thanks." 2 years ago when she let Zazu pass her and just let it happen let me know she's a good horse with a lot of talent, but is 100% what you don't want in a race horse, she has no interested in winning the race.

madmaxx
    madmaxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Also if you kept Flores on her you are a retard. Even good ole John took Mr. Flowers off Zenyatta. Flores is one of the worst jockeys on the circuit for the past 15 years.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

WTT,

Can you tell me if the race for T.D. was an after thought or was it always on the schedule?
    It seems as though it was maybe something that was thought of after losing in the Breeders Cup. Is that correct?
    Thanks and sorry she did not do that well.

wtt0315

some of the connections have been back and forth on where to put her. A lot of people pushed to go to belmont, I honestly didnt want her to go earlier in the year. I feel we wore her down with the back and forth east to west. She does not travel well and she is very nervous when taken away from her comfort zone. She looked tired yesterday and she didnt look herself. I also feel david the last few races drops her way back and she needs to be closer to the pace. Yesterday she didnt respond at all and that is very bothersome to me. Belmont was her first test in the mud and she didnt like it. Yesterday she didnt look that good, she acted like she didnt even want to be there. She has hit the wall i am afraid. After belmont i wouldnt of raced her again this year, but i really have such a small amount in her i just lay off and let the big wigs make those deceisions.

wtt0315

Quote Originally Posted by madmaxx View Post
    WTT, you are an owner of TD? She has amazing talent just doesn't give a shit sometimes...yesterday was a clear example of her saying "no thanks." 2 years ago when she let Zazu pass her and just let it happen let me know she's a good horse with a lot of talent, but is 100% what you don't want in a race horse, she has no interested in winning the race.
    yeah i have a 5 percent share of her. i got in very early with blinkers on before she raced and i never expected to get this lucky. yesterday was my last race with her and one of the people in our group are buying up the shares. I will get out with a huge profit and hopefully split up amongst some s .florida runners where i live so i am able to get to the races more and bring my 8 year old around and he can actually enjoy the horses. She i feel has hit a wall.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Typically the campaign is mapped out up to the B.C.

Then, as much time off as necessary to recharge the batteries.

With her being "a tired looking horse" was this race a final push to try and win an eclipse award?

Just wondering .

I am thinking about writing something on this before Tuesday and wanted to know if that was the case here in your opinion.

Certainly not judging, nor Monday morning QB ing.Trust me, I did this often enough to understand it and that's why I was thinking about writing on the subject.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd certainly be interested to learn about tired horses, and how long the tiredness can last, and what some of the warning signs might be (for handicappers); as well as signs that the tiredness has lifted.

Sorry you didn't win this one wtt, but must have been one heck of a ride to have ownership of such a horse.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 01-01-12 at 04:56 PM.