Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20489

Quote Originally Posted by Pat McCrotch View Post
    that is a great article,

at the bottom there are comments by ex betfair employees and punters who slate betfair.

betfair is greedy they do not want winners!!!!

yes i understand that they only collect commision, so why do they charge these winning punters 60%?

if u or i were winning punters and if we did pay the 60% surely it wouldnt be worth playing at betfair?

they are pure scum!!!!
    yes, the PC is a horror
    but there are strategies which can overcome it
    and frankly the number of players subject to it is rather small
    I'm (fortunately) not in that category and continue to enjoy the benefits of playing at the (overall) best punting site on this planet.

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

yea i wonder WHO these players are the do qualify for the extra commission and I am sure they have no other choice for their continued cash flow and do not add much value to the community at large

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

A $600 million exposure placed on a horse race WHILE IT WAS IN-RUNNING offering odds of 29-1 on a horse that was priced at 2-1 before the race began and then left up while the horse was drawing away in the stretch.

If any individual has trouble understanding why this market was voided, they shouldn't be gambling.

QQPalladium, it was MY DISTINCT PLEASURE taking your money over at TradeSports/Intrade all those years. If there wasn't Kentucky Fried Idiots like you giving away your money each and every day, betting on exchanges wouldn't be anywhere near as popular as it currently is.

Heres hoping your misery continues in 2012.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post
    A $600 million exposure placed on a horse race WHILE IT WAS IN-RUNNING offering odds of 29-1 on a horse that was priced at 2-1 before the race began and then left up while the horse was drawing away in the stretch.

If any individual has trouble understanding why this market was voided, they shouldn't be gambling.

QQPalladium, it was MY DISTINCT PLEASURE taking your money over at TradeSports/Intrade all those years. If there wasn't Kentucky Fried Idiots like you giving away your money each and every day, betting on exchanges wouldn't be anywhere near as popular as it currently is.

right on the mark Andy

If anyone is interested in the value of this obnoxious QQ character's contributions to this site just do a search for his posts and you'll find what he's really on about.

brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

Happy new year hareeba! you bastard! (smiley face)

QQPALLADIUM
    QQPALLADIUM's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post

you just proved how stoopid you are...in an exchange you don't know the other side of the trade...misery is defined by the number of message board posts...in that category you and your bottom Hareeba are number #1....or is he a top?...i am done and have won again...good luck to you in 2012...get out of the house once in awhile in nevada...number 1 in unemployment and teen pregnancies....

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

guess easy come easy go

whatagoal1
    whatagoal1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

[QUOTE=Hareeba!;13013203]yes, the PC is a horror

Hareeba, I dont see any strategies to overcome the Pc charge, and I've paid fortunes.
    The only way not to pay is not to play.

Hareeba!

[quote=whatagoal1;13020785]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    yes, the PC is a horror

Hareeba, I dont see any strategies to overcome the Pc charge, and I've paid fortunes.
    Yes, once you've earned the PC badge it is probably pretty hard to escape it but I was referring to strategies to avoid getting to that stage.

I have a method for the races which produces close to break even results but hundreds of bets per week. Outcome = commission paid is significantly more than net profit thus increasing my commission/profit percentage. Bonus = assists in maintaining a reasonable commission discount for my real bets.

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Quote Originally Posted by QQPALLADIUM View Post
    you just proved how stoopid you are...in an exchange you don't know the other side of the trade...misery is defined by the number of message board posts...in that category you and your bottom Hareeba are number #1....or is he a top?...i am done and have won again...good luck to you in 2012...get out of the house once in awhile in nevada...number 1 in unemployment and teen pregnancies....
    You used to whine on and on about your poor trading results back on the old Tradesports forums. I remember you quite well and I have no doubt I was on the receiving end of many of your losing trades.

Its been several years and you're still whining about it here. NOW THATS PATHETIC!!!
    right on the mark Andy

If anyone is interested in the value of this obnoxious QQ character's contributions to this site just do a search for his posts and you'll find what he's really on about.
    Hareeba, QQ is an idiot who continues to blame others for his sorry lot in life. He is a human carcass and many traders over at TradeSports enjoyed pecking into him over the years.

lukahh
    lukahh's Avatar Become A Pro!

[quote=whatagoal1;13020785]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    yes, the PC is a horror

as Hareeba told you, there are ways. You could do some arbing to increase turnover and lower the comission. The net result is close to zero but increases turnover.

QQPALLADIUM
    QQPALLADIUM's Avatar Become A Pro!

andywend
    Sage

The market maker of the Dow close contracts is extremely dishonest so use caution when placing trades before the market opens.

If the prices on the dow close contracts are not automatically adjusting themselves, do NOT place any trades on those contracts.

If the futures move in your direction, the market maker will contact Intrade and have the trades voided. If the futures move against you, you will be stuck with the trade.

I placed several trades a little after 4 AM EST on Tuesday and the dow market maker contacted the exchange around 9 AM EST and had the trades voided. During that 5 hour time span, the futures dropped like a rock (I bought the Dow negative contracts).

I will NEVER again place a trade with this market maker before the markets open.

whatagoal1
    whatagoal1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

[QUOTE=lukahh;13028319]
    Quote Originally Posted by whatagoal1 View Post

as Hareeba told you, there are ways. You could do some arbing to increase turnover and lower the comission. The net result is close to zero but increases turnover.
    Years ago there were many arbs on the betfair site, sadly they are few and far between nowdays

First 1234