horsefan
    horsefan's Avatar Become A Pro!

horse part ownerships

can anybody please explain how a part ownership works? Do you pay stable bills, food, and other things or just pay once for a 10% ownership?

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

you "buy in" for the % you want.
    you then pay the same % of the monthly bills.: food/training costs/equipment rental/shoeing/vet bills/shipping costs(to get from the stable to the races if not stabled at the track)/stakes fees/vitamins/insurance etc......

and if/when the horse wins any purse $ you are sent a check for your percentage(sometimes minus the monthly costs-sometimes a check for the purse % and a bill for the month. depends who's doing the book keeping at the partnership.

bigtonym
    bigtonym's Avatar Become A Pro!

horse fan do your self a favor and don't get involved in the horse business unless you have money to lose my family and i have owned over 50 horses in my life and only a few were worth keeping vets food farrier winter stabling tack trainer exercise rider groom it goes on and on especially with a horse partnership ,you will never get a check . it is like a poker game at a stag party by the end of the night all the raking of the pot ..the groom has all the money

cecil127

fwiw i made a few hundo on a $10K claimer that was raced for a year under our partnership (made a few bucks there) then floundered a lil then sold for the same $10K.
    as for the 2 y/o pacing filly, she's paid her way in her 6 starts this season only missing a check once. and thats ALL expenses (shoes to stakes fee's)
    after hearing some of the horror stories (on the net and other partners involved with other horses) i consider my lucky and all but ya really gotta know and like what you're getting into. i never expect much so anything positive is a bonus-

horsefan

thank you folks for sharing.

cecil127

are you thinking t-bred or standardbred (sulky) racing?
    t-breds race for more $ by and large but trotters can race week after week and their purses are nothing to sneeze at either thanks to slot enhanced purses
    lotta $ out there up for grabs thats for sure. no wonder they juice and cheat like sons of bitches....

horsefan

either or just wanted some input from you guys because i don't have any clue about partnerships. It's always more exciting to watch a race when your horse is on the line.

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

check out west point thoroughbreds

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Here is a syndicate that I am familiar with for standardbreds. They have had some documented success. Maybe you could give them a call and get some information if you are interested. I am in no way affiliated with this group, I am just a gambler with some horse knowledge, and I've seen these guys win a few races.

http://www.stakeyourclaimstable.com/

RYates32
    RYates32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 620

www.fantasylanestable.com

They are a good group of people who are very knowledgeable about the process. The person who runs the partnership takes everyone through the process and treats everyone like a person, not like a share. First year fees are included in your share price, and if the horse cashes it is usually adjusted out of there, I have heard of cases where they have gone out to the shareholders, which not all horses can be winners. After doing my due diligence I like them the most. You are treated well if you own 1 share or an 1/8 of a share. They run mainly out of the northeast (Monmouth, Belmont, Parx) and do venture elsewhere depending on the opportunity. They provide you updates regularly and are always available for questions. Hope this helps. (Not invested with them yet, hoping to be in the spring.)

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

horsefan you can make money from partnership but it takes luck and time. i was blessed with my purchase. you are close to me in s. florida and have talked to you so if you have any questions you can look me up. I can point you in the right direction if this is something you want to do. you can get into it for as little as 200-300 dollars plus fees per quarter up to whatever you want to spend.
    it is very exciting to me though.

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1634

Karakorum Stable - ex NY I was in for 1% for free - contest winner - on a young filly.
    She never made it to the races.
    But the buy more expensive yearlings. They have had a couple of big winners $, and lots of race winners.
    Send out email updates to the stable and the horses a couple times a week.

If you own more than 5%?? you have to be shown as an owner/licence etc. Less than you can just go in for $$ and not be of record.