Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

WOW congrats poppa nice one

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Thanks that one felt great

I believe that allows me to steal this contest, Mike make the pick for me, you deserve some points for all your hard work.

mikemca
    Update Status

Congrats Poppa Catfish on winning today's contest

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    Thanks that one felt great

I believe that allows me to steal this contest, Mike make the pick for me, you deserve some points for all your hard work.

Thx appreciate the gesture
    Points Awarded:

robdel gave mikemca 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

josicoyote
    josicoyote's Avatar Become A Pro!

Congrats Poppa.

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

congrads Poppa

josicoyote

Congrats Poppa and Pstrangers on the last race pick of the 2 horse.

josicoyote

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    On Santa Anita's website they have the "Handicapping Report" which is pretty good for free and there are also some clocker reports that cost money.
    Today was tough, I chart all their picks and nobody did much of anything today.

josicoyote

What did you guys like in the 2 horse on the last race anyway. Would appreciate the info.

zebra58
    zebra58's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

points entered, great job poppa

Poppa Catfish

Quote Originally Posted by josicoyote View Post
    What did you guys like in the 2 horse on the last race anyway. Would appreciate the info.
    It was next to impossible to win sprints at Del Mar from the outside position, this guy was the only first timer in his race going from post 12, had an awful trip but didn't look terrible. Training lights out, another start under the belt, + blinkers and most importantly an inside position. Going to be a lot of Del Mar horses that reverse form once they find their way to inside positions, imo.

At least that is the angle that I will continue to play, from what I remember posts 8 and on were something like <4% for the Del Mar meet, it was disgusting.

Poppa Catfish

Oh and the field was god awful. Professional maiden Depth was 2-1 favorite, so rest assured I don't think #2 is headed to Breeder's Cup anytime soon.

3PtShooter
    3PtShooter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16173

great pick in the 9th catfish, congrats

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by josicoyote View Post
    Today was tough, I chart all their picks and nobody did much of anything today.
    Yeah I didn't mean the picks, I don't really pay much attention to any public handicappers.We were talking about workout information.Rather than just seeing if they worked fast or not in the pps there are some services that strictly watch workouts and report how the horse went and who the horse worked in company with.IMO it is very helpful to know how they are working and not just for maidens.It tells you if they came out of their last race OK or if they are spent and need to be urged just to work.For maidens it is invaluable information.The good clocker reports will say something like "Don't be fooled by slow work as Barbaro went out in 37.1 but flew home in 11 flat then galloped out 5/8 in 59 and 3/4 in 1:12" or "Barbaro started 8 lengths back of his workmate Invasor and drew even with a furlong to go and was eased up with rider standing finishing 1 length in front in 1:01.32".Too many examples but it adds a whole other dimension to past performances.

Poppa Catfish

Thanks everybody once again.

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4512

Congrats Poppa!! Tks for the great pick on the 2 in the last race. I put $5 to win on it (didn't even have the form today) cuz I remembered it was your bb. Also, the double looked good ($129 for a 20-1 ML horse). tks again. you da man!!

josicoyote

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    Yeah I didn't mean the picks, I don't really pay much attention to any public handicappers.We were talking about workout information.Rather than just seeing if they worked fast or not in the pps there are some services that strictly watch workouts and report how the horse went and who the horse worked in company with.IMO it is very helpful to know how they are working and not just for maidens.It tells you if they came out of their last race OK or if they are spent and need to be urged just to work.For maidens it is invaluable information.The good clocker reports will say something like "Don't be fooled by slow work as Barbaro went out in 37.1 but flew home in 11 flat then galloped out 5/8 in 59 and 3/4 in 1:12" or "Barbaro started 8 lengths back of his workmate Invasor and drew even with a furlong to go and was eased up with rider standing finishing 1 length in front in 1:01.32".Too many examples but it adds a whole other dimension to past performances.
    Thanks Mike, good information.

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

wow....great hit PC

First 123