singgooner
    singgooner's Avatar Become A Pro!

This Sunday - Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe - bring it f'ing on !

Hi,

This coming Sunday is Europe's Championship Day - the closest we have to a European Breeders Cup Day.

6 quality Group 1 races in the heart of Paris at Longchamp - can you believe the Brits invade Paris this weekend - just for the racing - over 50,000 gambling Brits go via plane, train and boat for this and it's like the Ryder Cup of racing - GB v IRE v France.

I think HRTV & TVG are showing these Championship races live in North America - so
    get the croissants & coffee hot and make a dollar !

I will get some form up from some international sites probably around this Friday after the declarations are done.

The card in British time - which is 5 hours ahead of East Coast USA is: -

12.10pm Prix de Cadran 2m4f - Europe's Champion Stayer crowned
    12.45pm Prix de l'Abbaye de Longchamp - straight 5f - for Europe's Champion Sprinters
    1.20pm Prix Marcel Boussac - 1m - Europe's best 2yo fillies
    1.55pm Grand Criterium - 7f - Europe's best 2yo
    2.30pm Prix de la Foret - 7f - Europe's best "miler" sorted out
    3.15pm UK time = 10.15am ET
    The Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe - 1m4f - Europe's Champion Horse is crowned.

Don't be late and get your heads in the form book - when it is all published and uploaded - no excuses !
    Points Awarded:

Poppa Catfish gave singgooner 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

I'm pumped!

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

I almost hit the jackpot last year with Nakayama Festa.Looking at a couple this year with the ground being on the firm side of good.

singgooner

If you want to get ahead of the field - here are the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe trials ran at Longchamp over c&d - 1m4f mid-September

Sarafina's jockey was very wise - gave the horse a good education to come through a narrow gap - as that is what is needed for the race - 18 horses - big field - small gaps will appear and you have to take the fast before they close.

Prix Foy £63,879 4yo+ 1m4f Group 3 - Good To Soft
    winner - Sarafina (2010 French oaks winner, Won 2011 Grand Prix de St.-Cloud (1m4f))
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpWXummNN4A

Prix Niel £63,879 3yo only 1m4f Group 3 - Good To Soft
    Winner - Reliable Man (French Derby winner)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrRoH-e0n4Q

Prix Vermeille £172,405 3yo+ F&M 1m4f Group 1 - Very Soft
    Winner - Galikova (2nd in French Oaks,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWBuB6TWvkI

I can confirm the East Coast Off Times

7.10 am - Prix Du Cadran (Group 1)

7.45am Prix De L’Abbaye De Longchamp (Group 1)

8.20am Prix Marcel Boussac – Criterium Des Pouliches (Group 1)

8.55am Prix Jean-Luc Lagardere -Grand Criterium (Group 1)

9.30am Prix De La Foret (Group 1)

10.15am The Prix De L’Arc De Triomphe (Group 1)

I will upload any PPs I find - will try to upload the informative Timeform Essay Form Guides and Equibase style form for you guys as well probably around Friday for Sunday's card.

Trust me, set the alarm clock - it is a great day's racing - Europe's Championship Day - not to be missed !

hawkwind
    hawkwind's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22798

Whers's the Love

singgooner

Interesting 9 minute feature about Sarafina - got to be the day's favourite for the Arc on Sunday.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUNCJuP51KU

singgooner

Reliable Man & Galikova features for the Arc

Reliable Man - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTl85CNBlSo

Galikova - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgj5RpgwDvk

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

not easy to pick these races and more difficult to watch as you can't follow the horses with so many of them in race. pass. better off fine tuning your nfl bets on sunday morning that to get involved with this cavalry charge racing that appeals to no one in no america.

singgooner

unusialsusp5 - you're a ray of sunshine - aren't you !

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

I put a little on So You Think $5.20 in The Arc.

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    not easy to pick these races and more difficult to watch as you can't follow the horses with so many of them in race. pass. better off fine tuning your nfl bets on sunday morning that to get involved with this cavalry charge racing that appeals to no one in no america.
    I live in America and prefer turf racing with big fields no matter what country its in.Especially over 5 horse fields on dirt where the 6/5 shot wins by 8.

Quote Originally Posted by singgooner View Post
    unusialsusp5 - you're a ray of sunshine - aren't you !
    Like 99% of his/her posts are negative .Also he thinks that the Kentucky Derby is the worst betting race of the year because the fields are big.
    Last edited by mikemca; 09-30-11 at 06:08 AM.

singgooner

Will try to get Timeform Essay Sunday Arc Card and Equibase style form uploaded tonight - so you have a good 24 hours to get ready for a great day's racing.

singgooner

HI everyone,

As promised - I have attached via this message

1. Today-Saturday's - Timeform Essay Form Guide for Arc Saturday's Group Races
    2. Sunday's Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe Card in EQUIBASE STYLE
    3. Timeform's Essay Form Guide for Sunday's Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe races

Happy punting - enjoy the croissants and coffee tomorrow morning !
    Attached Files

singgooner

Just found LIVE Video streaming for you North Americans - currently live & all day live tomorrow

http://www.drf.com/events/arc-de-tri...amp#live-video

unusialsusp5

yes, singgooner i'm not bullish on european racing. there are no running lines in your past performances. all you get is some post rating and horse finished 5th in 229.4, how do you pick them. by jockey, by earnings, how? i want to know. yes, short fields are not condusive to a good bet, but 22 horse fields aren't either. people over there must go weeks without cashing a ticket. and how many people watch a race in that forlorn country and ask after the race who won? i can't see the numbers, there are too many horses. if it's all you got over there i guess it's all you know. good luck with that european style of racing, yes, the horses are probably better than belmont's or santa anita's but they are impossible to follow. once again, no past performance running lines make it a guessing game. and str is a fraud.

Optional

Thanks Singgooner

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    yes, singgooner i'm not bullish on european racing. there are no running lines in your past performances. all you get is some post rating and horse finished 5th in 229.4, how do you pick them. by jockey, by earnings, how? i want to know. yes, short fields are not condusive to a good bet, but 22 horse fields aren't either. people over there must go weeks without cashing a ticket. and how many people watch a race in that forlorn country and ask after the race who won? i can't see the numbers, there are too many horses. if it's all you got over there i guess it's all you know. good luck with that european style of racing, yes, the horses are probably better than belmont's or santa anita's but they are impossible to follow. once again, no past performance running lines make it a guessing game. and str is a fraud.
    I love big fields. And have no trouble following races.

When I first took any notice of American racing, this year, my first comment is where are all the bloody horses?? How do you ever find value.

Horses for courses as they say.
    Last edited by Optional; 10-01-11 at 08:52 AM.

unusialsusp5

but, optional how do you pick them. yes, you have the insight to follow them. but what does that mean? i believe you just guess and play lucky numbers like most or follow some dumbass handicappers selections. you probably spread to high heaven to get a winning ticket. that isn't handicapping, that is just spreading. if it works and you like it, good luck to you. for some reason and the reason is no one can chart european races because there are too many horses all over the place to get an accurate running line so they just print finished 8th in 229.4 so everyone over there just guesses or play their favorite jockeys or trainers. doesn't sound too appealing to enjoy when you're just guessing.

mikemca
    Update Status

In turf racing in general whether in the US or overseas its about class mostly.They define their classes over there much better than we do here.From class ratings 6 thru 1 and group races 1 thru 3 and others.It is definitely a different way of handicapping but its not guessing.Timeform and Racing Post have ratings that equate to what DRF and others have here.Think you are putting way too much stock in running lines.

Optional

You don't really think all Australians just guess do you?

I'm sure it looks like way too much work for someone used to capping races with under 10 runners but I doubt it takes much longer on average.

When you know the tracks, race classes, and days of the week that count where it's actually pretty easy to breeze through the form to pull out the most likely hopes to look at closer. Remembering we have a lot less surfaces to worry about down here. Virtually 100% turf. And a lot less meetings per week. So you're not necessarily following any more horses than you are in the US.

But it really is just what you are used to. Seriously, small field US races seem much harder to win on to me.

Optional

I find the timeform and ratings based stuff in general useless too. I just want to see where they have run, when and against who as far as form goes.

unusialsusp5

yes, mikemca, i guess i do. they do show the purses and you can identify class over there, and i do rely on running lines because that's what i'm used to. by the way i'm only negative about 75% of the time. i'm really too old to be voicing my opinions with 26 year olds so i will stop bashing european racing. but why do the run backwards and paint yard markers down the stretch. at least it's all grass which i prefer. time to go to the otb parlor and watch everyone bet favorites and lose like the do every day. you would think they would figure it out that you should try to win the money that people lose betting on favorites instead of losing along with them.

mikemca
    Update Status

WOW!!!!

15-Danedream---$100.40--$55.60--$21.20
    13-Shareta---------------$223.20---$50.60
    8-Snow Fairy-------------------------$11.40

$1 Exacta $1889.70
    50 cent tri $23,512.35

singgooner

US$100 - bollocks !

It only paid 27/1 in France - I had it each-way in England, as the Germans reckoned it was the best horse to come out of that country for a while and had already won The German Arc - GP von Baden-Baden with a good performance.

It was 20/1 in UK - 27/1 in France and double the bloody odds in USA - there's no bloody justice in life is there !

Anyway, that's not the 1st time that Germans have ruled over Paris - LOL !

zebra58
    zebra58's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

singg..i believe it was only 24/1 us

singgooner

If my math is correct - US$100.40 - US$2 stake

Profit US$98.4 / 2 = 49.2/1 odds

That's if my brain is not going faulty ! LOL !

zebra58
    zebra58's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

great odds, hope you cashed

our u.s hubs paid 24/1 $2= $50.20