turfnsport
    turfnsport's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

Friday Feature at the Spa

SAR Race 9 The Bernard Baruch Hcp G2 (5:30 ET)
    #8 Hymn Book 4/1
    #11 Get Stormy 3/1
    #10 Moryba 6/1
    #9 Loup Breton 8/1

Analysis: #8 Hymn Book returns to the turf after finishing a decent second last out behind Flat Out in the Suburban (G2) at Belmont Park. That race has returned out key, as the winner came back to finish second in the Whitney (G1), fourth place finisher Convocation beat Alw-3 optional claimers, and sixth place finisher Icabad Crane returned to win the state bred Even Shipman in his next start. This gelding has landed in the exacta in 5 of 6 trips over the turf, but this will be his first go facing stakes company over the weeds. The gelding is the first foal to race out of the turf stakes winner Vespers ($261K). The Shug barn is having a strong couple of months and is hitting at a 26% clip here at the Spa.

#11 Get Stormy makes his first start since running third in the Monmouth (G3) behind Teaks North, who came back to win the United Nations (G1) in his next outing. The five year old had to skip the Fourstardave with a minor injury and there is just one published work since July 25. He was at his best here last summer, winning the Fourstardave followed by this race. He has won 4 of 5 over the Spa turf with a second. The Tagg barn is 18% winners with horses coming back off a 46-90 day break.

Wagering
    WIN: #8 to win at 3/1 or better.
    EX: 8,11 / 8,9,10,11
    TRI: 8,11 / 8,9,10,11 / 2,8,9,10,11

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4536

Like the #8 as well, my only concern is that he may be a tad better on dirt than on grass. No doubt he is good on turf, just don't know if he is good enough. The #11 is definitely the class of the field, but he is full of question marks. Now that he has drawn the outside post with his running style, that makes me want to try to beat him especially he is most likely the favorite. The horse that I really like is the #10 Moryba as the long shot. He has shown that he can compete in graded companies. Last time he ran second behind Sidney's Candy at 1mile 1/16 which is not bad in my opinion. I think he prefers longer. Under Mr. Mott, he should be ready for a big effort. That's just my opinion. GL with your picks.

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4536

Looking at the odds, it doesn't look like the #10 have a chance.....