picantel
    picantel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 433

horse players make team

Any horse players wanna make a team for the 4 man handicap tourney. Would be a huge upset if we won on a sports tourney.

http://picantel.mysbrforum.com/spreadsheet/
    Last edited by picantel; 12-02-08 at 10:22 PM.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1640

I've got plenty of post in this area. Sure put me down on the overnite entry sheet.

picantel

sounds good. we need 2 more and a name

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

I'll join picantel, and I think a good name would be "3 wide on the turn", "The SBR Stable", or "Hung the Mile"

picantel

sounds good. need 1 more. I vote for the sbr stable

mtneer1212

The SBR Stable it is..........

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36669

Pic, I'd have joined you if they offered NHL, but seeing as i don't bet basketball at all and only bet 2nd halfs and off numbers from my local for full games of NFL, i'd be of no help to you guys. So fire up one more guy who bets hoops and go kick their sorry asses and make us horse guys proud.

blg123
    blg123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 929

Pic I would join you guys if you need a 4th.... I am strictly a horse player by choice and a "rookie" so to speak in sports but I do follow football and basketball cap both

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO

Picantel can be the team manager

picantel

looks like we have a team.
    1)picantel
    2)thezbar
    3)blg123
    4)mtneer1212

I will submit it

picantel

ok guys I have pmed crazyl our team so we are good to go. Remember you have to pm him your betjam account by yourself although honestly the prizes are pretty crappy and it is the glory that is more important.
    Since we are horse player primarily and this is for fun if one of us really really sucks then no biggie and no blaming please. We can use this thread to discuss strategy as nobody else comes into the horse forum anyway hahaha.
    We have to make 20 picks minimum each from dec 1-30 but there is no max and it goes by units earned.

Right out of the box next week we should decide if we come out heavy or pick our spots meticulously. You could literally take every single game on the board if you wanted lol. We could also say each person should make x amount of picks each day of your faves and do your best. Obviously halfway through the contest you would adjust to how the other teams are doing. Anyway, let me know your thoughts. With thanksgiving tomorrow I will be out today sometime until tomorrow night and I am sure most of you will be busy also but we still have a few days.

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36669

Go get them!!

mtneer1212

Personally, I like to attack the bowl games......

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO

My plan of attack - break clean then settle into stride, stalk then pounce to win going away!

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO

Pm sent

bbyhill
    bbyhill's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck guys.I would have liked to play however didn't see the post in time.

picantel

Ok guys contest starts in 2 days so get those betjam accounts pmed. Also, remember to check the handicap thread in contests for our team before you post your picks as fading is not allowed so make sure no opposite plays of the same game.

TodaysAction
    http://www.winningwithtodaysaction.net/
    TodaysAction's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7276

Something to consider, keep the game discussion off this board (why let your opponent see what you're thinking?). PM/e-mail/IM/text/conference call/other PRIVATE message board/etc would get the job done.

Good luck in this event.

picantel

Quote Originally Posted by TodaysAction View Post
    Something to consider, keep the game discussion off this board (why let your opponent see what you're thinking?). PM/e-mail/IM/text/conference call/other PRIVATE message board/etc would get the job done.

Good luck in this event.
    This is a private forum. Nobody comes here except horse people lol. I could post my SS# and 3 people would see it.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by picantel View Post
    This is a private forum. Nobody comes here except horse people lol. I could post my SS# and 3 people would see it.
    Valid point. When U.S. was posting here there was some traffic. Other than that its quiet. So I will share some info. All my picks will be in by the 26th. I will be at a horse racing handicapping tournament the final weekend of the year. That will be getting my full attention during that time.

picantel

ok the home thread for our team is up in the contest section

picantel

What do you guys think of this strat? Maybe we should lay off the heavy juice. For example and completely made up:
    Indy(-3) -120

Thoughts or just pick your faves even with wicked juice?

picantel

Also you know guys this is for fun. If you wanna make picks every day then please go ahead and do so so you get some play.

picantel

There are not alot of college football games this week so if you like one of the plays below then discuss it here so we make sure there are no arguments over plays or fading. I will post approximate odds and juice as found at intertops with the knowledge the lines may be different come gametime. If you like a game throw it in this thread and why.

Mid Tenn State v UL Lafayette(-4.5)

Louisville v Rutgers(-10)

Buffalo v Ball State(-14.5)

Navy v Army(+11)

Pittsburgh v Connecticut(-2.5)

East Carolina v Tulsa(-13.5)

Boston College v Virginia Tech(pick)

Washington v California(-35)

Alabama v Florida(-9.5)

USC v UCLA(+31)

Arkansas State v Troy(-11)

Western Kentucky v Florida Intl(-7)

South Florida v West Virginia(-7)

Arizona State v Arizona(-11)

Missouri v Oklahoma(-17)

Cincinnati v Hawaii(+7.5)

blg123

I have some leans or (likes) on these 4 games... like you said we can discuss these

Army +11 (Top play)

I think they run all over Navy in this one... Army defense has been solid all year there record may not show it but they have been decent on D... This is too many points to be giving a Navy team that has not impressed (at least myself) this yr. Navy played Pitt this yr McCoy ran ALL over them like he was a 1 man wrecking crew. Now I know Pitt and Army are obviously different teams but I think this game is really really close. FG game 24-21 27-23 type game

Arizona -11

I think Arizona St flat out blows.. ASU fans cannot even wait till Rudy Carpenter goes bye bye.. They do have a chance at a bowl and you best that Arizona will stop that from happening..

Oklahoma -17
    Florida -9.5

Two best teams in the land going to the championship game in Jan. Tebow rips apart Bama with the run and the pass and I think OK just keeps rolling...Miss got it's heart ripped out last week.

Obviously guys these are my opinions and I am open minded to ideas and thoughts as we are team. If you have input that would be great...

picantel

interesting stat on the army/navy game
    navy is 5-1 ats the last 6 vs army
    army is 0-5 their last 5 at home vs any military team

I know stats like that mean nothing but just thought I would throw it out.

I love florida and think alabama is gonna get killed.

dumb stat #2
    Arizona is 3-1 last 4 ats vs az st. however, at home they are 1-7 ats their last 8 vs az st

picantel

looks like I will start out 1-0 with a push also which is no biggie. I feel kinda dumb though as a buncha picks I also liked and decided not to over do it today all came in winners. I might try volume plays unless you guys think it is a bad idea.

mtneer1212

Quote Originally Posted by blg123 View Post
    I have some leans or (likes) on these 4 games... like you said we can discuss these

Army +11 (Top play)

I think they run all over Navy in this one... Army defense has been solid all year there record may not show it but they have been decent on D... This is too many points to be giving a Navy team that has not impressed (at least myself) this yr. Navy played Pitt this yr McCoy ran ALL over them like he was a 1 man wrecking crew. Now I know Pitt and Army are obviously different teams but I think this game is really really close. FG game 24-21 27-23 type game

Arizona -11

I think Arizona St flat out blows.. ASU fans cannot even wait till Rudy Carpenter goes bye bye.. They do have a chance at a bowl and you best that Arizona will stop that from happening..

Oklahoma -17
    Florida -9.5

Two best teams in the land going to the championship game in Jan. Tebow rips apart Bama with the run and the pass and I think OK just keeps rolling...Miss got it's heart ripped out last week.

Obviously guys these are my opinions and I am open minded to ideas and thoughts as we are team. If you have input that would be great...
    I cannot disagree more about Army, and cannot agree enough on Arizona. Army is inept on offense. The defense may be decent, but Navy will wear them down with the running attack. Arizona State is indeed awful. I have no opinion on Oklahoma or Florida, but I have a feeling one of them will be upset or at minimum get a scare.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO

Leans after looking at the list
    E.Carolina +13.5 I know nothing about this e. carolina team. However Tulsa's defense is poor. Plus their season started strong then faded somewhat. Looking for 14.
    Ucla +31. Hometown game could be closer than the big number which figures to go up. This is coming from a USC fan.
    Cinncinatti -7.5 Bad # but I think they can pound out a comfortable win in this spot.
    I agree this should be for fun and also an exercise to improve skills!

picantel

so it looks like arizona is a play. blg called it so we can let him play it. I agree with east carolina and probably ucla. Have no opinion on cincy. I also like navy in that game but once again the call is to blg as it is his play. If he feels that strongly then play away.

What do you guys think of washington(+35) and Rutgers(-10). Rutgers is playing lights out ball and louisville has been pretty bad lately. Those are alot of points though.I know washington is really really bad but they have covered 3 of the last 4 against california who is not exactly top tier. thoughts?

blg123

If you guys don't like Army that is fine we don't have to play it as it is a team... I bet them already... You guys made good points I just feel it will be close game.

If you guys concur on Arizona and Florida I will be playing those 2 for sure..

I really don't have an opinions on the ECU/Tulsa game and to be honest Cinci game scares me and I will tell you why. Traveling to Hawaii is never easy with the time difference and all. Cinci clinched the Big East Title and they could come out flat...Cinci looks like a STEAL on paper and the better team by far but I would stay away from this game as it the spread looks right on point to me..

Washington and Ucla--- I hate those high numbers I would play Washington before I played UCLA cause UCLA and Craft man they ARE BAD! That kid really really stinks. It depends on how bad USC wants to run it up.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO

I lost my first pick by 1 point but have no regrets. The linemaker adjusted the line up because of the trend and that was a factor in the loss. Moving on.
    At some point high volume may be the proper tactic depending on what the other teams are doing. If thats your style I say go for it.
    At this point vig is not that important imho. At the end it can be vital.
    I agree with Florida I was going to load up but the # came higher than I thought. I think Florida should be a play in this contest.
    I like Navy vs Army. If I bet the game it would be Navy or pass. Usc can kill Ucla if they want to yet for selection purposes my lean is still the bruins { I personally will not bet this game}
    Louisville is a go against the way I see things. Washington is playing better and gets a nod in a game I have no interest in.
    Nothing for me today . Out.

picantel

Just to let you guys know some teams are playing high volume. For example, one of them had 9 plays yesterday going 6-3 so they are already up nearly 3 units. As thezbar said it may not affect us now but it could be a problem in the very near future. I would rather hit 55% on 300 plays than 60% on 100 plays since they only count units.

picantel

how about this on ncaa football. paste all the games I put above and put your play next to it. If we have 3/4 who like one side then we pounce on it. If we have a split tie then that is up to the individual who may really love one side.

Mid Tenn State v UL Lafayette(-4.5) UL lafayette

Louisville v Rutgers(-10) Rutgers

Buffalo v Ball State(-14.5) Ball St

Navy v Army(+11) Navy

Pittsburgh v Connecticut(-2.5) Uconn

East Carolina v Tulsa(-13.5) E. Carolina

Boston College v Virginia Tech(pick) V Tech

Washington v California(-35) Washington

Alabama v Florida(-9.5) Florida

USC v UCLA(+31) UCLA

Arkansas State v Troy(-11) Ark St

Western Kentucky v Florida Intl(-7) Florida Int