louie dog
    louie dog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5615

what do you look for in pp's?

starting to go to the track more often and would like to get better at handcapping races. looking at pp's all i know is odds, owner, jockey and trainer. what do ya'll look at win handcapping??

MrExacta
    MrExacta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Bullet works, troubled trips, the purchase price of the horses, if a horse was purchased for $100,000 and is running in a $30K claimer after a few bad starts, and shows any type of action on the board, I will usually throw it out.

MrExacta -`

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

if they not on my watch list I look at where they going to be in the race, you have to make the race.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Guess I'll repost in this thread

There are many many ways to evaluate a race depending on how much time you want to put into it.A couple quick ways for beginners..

1)Look at the favorites first and use them as par.Then try to find the longest odds horse that can surpass that par.If the favorites look unbeatable then pass.Only take 3-1 or more but try for 8-1 or more

2)Find a speed biased track like Monmouth or Gulfstream and then take the inside speed.All you have to do is look at the 1st fraction which is usually between :21 and :23 in sprints.Pick the horse that consistently runs the fastest first fraction.If you land on a favorite pass the race.Only take 3-1 or more.

louie dog
    louie dog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5615

thanks