truebluebear
    truebluebear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 38353

Frankel

Watch this puppy go again today - we aint gonna get rich at 4/9 ( Hills) but we get to see what could be a "LEGEND" in the making - for FRANKEL read SPECIAL !! - the "Match" between Goldikova and Canford Cliffs is absolutely mouthwatering and theres nothing left to say about Goldikova which hasnt already been said (CHAMPION !!! ) but i really really like Canford Cliffs and i think 6/4 (Hills) is the call , cant wait to watch these 2 come down to the "Distance " together may the best horse prevail , GL GUYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

singgooner
    singgooner's Avatar Become A Pro!

As I have previously stated on other threads - the mighty Frankel - if you have not seen his English 2,000 Guineas win (England's 1st classic of the season) - click on this youtube link and yes, believe your eyes - you did witness greatness !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CiWrf9zR-M

Today's Royal Ascot Form - Equibase style is attached
    Attached Images

truebluebear

Frankel wins as expected but not in the maner we hoped - still 6 runs 6 wins 2,000 guineas and St James' palace stakes been "VAULTED " - - but what about Canford v Goldy what a race an yup i called it right - LUV IT !!!!!!!!

14 Jun 11 / 14:38 Bet Winnings 2:30 Royal Ascot – Canford Cliffs @ Guaranteed Price (6/4) + £50.00 O/1138232/0004914/F

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Will he race in the Breeders Cup?

dogkatcher
    dogkatcher's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23765

He's never run past a mile so far, and it looked like
    they were getting to him at the end. Next race will
    be a classic mile and a quarter, so let's see how much
    he will dominate as they stretch out. Nice move
    around the turn to open up 4 or 5, maybe a bit too
    early. Don't know what his style is by those foreign
    pp's.

truebluebear

Well Sir Henry (Cecil - Trainer ) was interviewed post race and was not happy about public / media reaction to Frankel's performance , we expected him to win far more cosily than he did and perhaps his 6 leangth guinneas win took more out of him than first thought . However he did win and deserves credit for that . its just we thought we had a super horse here but jury is now out on that
    (still very possible ) Henry was speaking about stepping him up in distance but i think he was being bullish to public reaction ,yesterdays race indicates that 1 mile is his optimum trip , if anything maybe come back to 7 or even 6 furlongs to use his "natural" speed . I do believe the BREEDERS CUP Mile (turf) is on his agenda but we got Canford Cliffs going in that direction too and he beat Goldikova nicely yesterday - he looks the better option at this point but man when these 2 get together it'll be like Ali v Frazier . !!!!

truebluebear

Second day at Royal Ascot !!! - The Irish look good to win the Prince of Wales stks with SO YOU THINK (1/2 Hills) . this Aidan Obrien trained New Zealand recruit dotted up by 6 leangths in Group 3 last time and though tougher today will be too good for fellow Irish raider Planteur , wont get rich at 1/2 but 1/2 winner beats 4/1 loser no ? , 2nd bet is in the "competitve " Queen Mary Stks where Brian Meehans' SHUMOOS (11/8 Hills) has had torrents of money ante-post , although running very green on debut at Haydock last time this filly will be so much better for that experience ( Won a short Head ) and the expected improvement ought to allow her to make it 2 from 2 !!!! Good Luck Guys !

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Pretty sure Planteur is a French raider.Most all of races were at Longchamp.Regardless though good horse but no value on top 2.Rewilding won impressively last time in Dubai so giving him a look

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Frankel got one of the absolute worst rides in history and still won.

truebluebear

Yup , seemed to be caught in two minds between making all (as in Guineas ) or coming from off the pace . at end of day he is still unbeaten and may yet prove to be the horse we all hope he is , Sir Henry quite convinced he'll get farther than the mile and no-one knows better than him but personally if he tackles 10 furlongs i'll be a spectator only .

irishbettor92
    irishbettor92's Avatar Become A Pro!

got it a 4/9 for not a lot of money but its still money didnt run well tho

truebluebear

Day 4 royal Ascot - so far had 4 bets 2 winners 2 losers and stil level on funds , i like TEOLANE (15/8 Hills) in the 1st race today , she made all in a listed race at Naas last time and won very easily , up to group class here but with expected improvement she ought to have Irish eyes smiling again . enjoyed the gold cup yesterday but had no bets on it (wasnt convinced Fame and Glory stayed the trip but looks like may be next Yeats after all ) Good Luck men !!!!!!

truebluebear

Last Day of Royal meeting and the two i'm gonna bet are AWAIT THE DAWN (8/11 Hills ) and Bewitched (4/1 Hills ) - Ryan Moore gave Await The Dawn super ride round Chester last time and although tracks could not be more different i think this one got too much for rivals today - Bewitched won very well at Leopardstown last time and with recent rain the drop back to 6 from 7 may not inconvenience this one , down a little for the week so fingers x'd GL Men !!!!!!!!!!!

truebluebear

Royal Ascot over for another year and ended up down just a little but put that down to the cost of some fab entertainment - Highlight for me was Canford Cliffs dual with Goldikova on Day 1 , like a lot of folk i've liked this horse since early last year and its great watching him getting better and stronger as we go , make no mistake he gave a little weight for sex and a clear beating to a "True" proven champion in Goldikova so the sky is the limit for him now at the Mile !!!!!!!!!!!

mikemca
    Update Status

TOM QUEALLY, who has come in for some stick for his premature move on Frankel in the St James's Palace Stakes, has defended himself by insisting he was riding to instructions.

Queally has ridden the Sir Henry Cecil-trained superstar to victory on all seven starts, but his sizeable winning distance in the Qipco 2,000 Guineas was reduced to a fast-diminishing three quarters of a length at Royal Ascot.
    The jockey, underfire for his mid-race tactical move to rush Frankel past pacemaker Rerouted, said: "They fail to realise I was riding to instructions."
    Speaking on a Racing UK Podcast, he added: "He was a bit workmanlike. The pacemaker went off quite quick. I crept closer and Henry was adamant that I should take it up before the bend and that's what we did.
    "A lot of different things can happen in a race, but he won and that's the main thing. His career is still unblemished."
    Queally is unlikely to beasked to ride Frankel in a similar fashion again, although he - like Cecil - was impressed with the tactical versatility the three-year-old showed.
    He continued: "He has a lot of speed, but he settled well early on which means we tactically have more options with Frankel than at the start of the season, so that's a good thing. They got to three-quarters of a length off him but they did not go three-quarters ahead of him.
    "I don't think there's any need to make a move on him, I can sit quiet on him and we'll have to see what happens in his next race."
    That next race could be in the Sussex Stakes, in which the son of Galileo would be competing for the first time outside his own age-group with Queen Anne winner Canford Cliffs a possible opponent.
    Frankel (left) and Canford Cliffs could meet at Glorious Goodwood

Queally is confident that Frankel would come out on top, but is not underestimating the threat Canford Cliffs poses the Frankel's unbeaten record.
    "The time of our race was fairly quick but Canford Cliffs and Goldikovaput up a good show," he said.
    "Personally I thought Canford would win. I always thought he would have the edge on her. But she's a super mare and her record speaks for itself.
    "He's never been that impressive and does not win by large margins, but all horses can do is win despite some people expecting demolition jobs the whole time, but it's nice when there's a fight near the finish - it keeps people interested."

truebluebear

Almost here - Glorious Goodwoods' Sussex Stakes will see the clash of the titans !!!! FRANKEL versus CANFORD CLIFFS tomorrow (Wed) and at this moment I am seriously considering NOT having a bet so that I can remain impartial and just enjoy what could turn into another Grundy/Bustino esq contest . probably will end up betting but honestly at this minute I got a coin flip situ going , really looking forward to seeing two great champions go head to head . GL Guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mikemca
    Update Status

I think in a normal size field Frankel would lose but with only 4 horses and him being the only speed he is going to have everything his own way.

singgooner

Hi, if you want to follow Goodwood tomorrow and the "Duel on the Downs" clash between 3yo Frankel and 4yo canford Cliffs - this is the 1st time Frankel the Beast has tackled older opposition - here's the form American style from Equibase.

It is attached in pdf format
    Attached Images

truebluebear

Excellent service sing but being here in UK I prob got too much form analyzing , trainer reports , speed figs etc etc to sift through , sometimes just go with a hunch and my hunchometer dont appear to be working here for this "duel on the Downs " , Mike's point about the size of field is relevent and probably does favour Frankel who looks certain to attempt a repeat of his Guinneas win by leading from the off , Canford Cliffs though (Gives Frankel 8 lbs ) is still on the upgrade and he beat Goldikova nicely at Royal Ascot . Really would have liked an 8 or 9 horse field though , can't believe I wont bet one or other in lead up to post time but I am still at this late stage leaning toward having NO BET and just watching and "Enjoying " this wonderful sport at it's very best , Wouldnt a Dead Heat be great lol !!!!!!! good luck to all and sorry to sit on the fence here but I can't bet both so I probably wont bet either !!!!!!!!

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

frankel was not pressured at all then pulled away in stretch when asked putting away cc

singgooner

8 for 8 - all abroad the Bank of Frankel mid-August for The Juddmonte International over 1m2f - flat course at York. Frankel will cruise and with no uphill struggle - Frankel will cream what is put in front of him.

I hope maybe that Frankel wins the Champion Stakes in October and crosses the Atlantic to show the Yanks, he is a true champion and kick ass in the Breeders Cup Classic - now that would brake all records.

If you have not seen this beast in action - take a look at these 2 victories.

The 2011 2,000 Guineas (UK's 1st classic of the season) - Frankel's performance - AWESOME
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQajCQ1_BSA

Today's Sussex Stakes from Goodwood - 1mile - Group 1 - 1st time against older horses - Frankel's performance - AWESOME
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iicnjw_U6Qc

truebluebear

What can I say , the jury was out on FRANKEL after his win at Royal Ascot but they came back in yesterday and delivered their verdict , Frankel is GUILTY as charged of being a Superstar - Wonderhorse , Monster - Beast , and the best "Miler " I have seen in 40 years of watching and betting on racehorses , I didnt have a bet (honestly surprised myself there ) but when Frankie was given an inch of reign at the 2 pole , OMG have we EVER seen a colt quicken up so effortlessly as that ?????? , I didnt bet because of the esteem in which I hold Canford Cliffs and Frankel so I know the quality of horse Frankie left in his slipstream yesterday , cannot wait to see him again , Racing has needed a true "Superstar" for a long time and my fc we have one now , also everyone who loves this game loves Sir Henry Cecil , so pleased for him ... he was quoted today as saying "Frankel is the best horse I have ever seen " I'm never going to argue with that mans assesment !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    little footnote - Canford is NEVER gonna get near Frankie but he is a better horse than he showed yesterday , perhaps he too was in Awe of genuine greatness !!!!! enjoying your comments guys thnx and good luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

singgooner

truebluebear - the greatest thing I heard from Cecil was that he thinks Frankel will be better as a 4yo - which means the legend will grow and hopefully next year Cecil will aim the horse at the best races.

So this year, I hope it's August - the Ebor & October - Champion Stakes at Ascot.

Give the horse a rest - AS LONG AS HE COMES BACK AS A 4YO

Then, as a 4yo - Royal Ascot 1st race, then the 1m4f races - The King George at Ascot, The Arc and go to America for the 2012 Breeders Cup either the Classic or Turf - if he took the 1m2f 2012 Classic - Frankel would go down as THE best horse out of Europe since Sea Bird !

I have been following racing since I was 3years old back in 1973 - I started young - this is the best horse I have seen in my lifetime for constant performances.

I thought Arazi's Breeders Cup win would be my all time performance witnessed with my eyes - but Frankel's 2,000 Guineas was a total mind-f**k - when watching it live !

truebluebear

Sing even the greatest Jocks of yesteryear are lining up to "Hail" Frankel , Carson said "Best 3-y-o I've ever seen " Swinburn said "Cant compare him to Shergar cos Shergar was 12 furlong Champ , I always said ZILZAL ( another great Miler ) was only horse to challenge SHERGAR but now I'd say FRANKEL is best ever (apart from Shergar ) ,Pat Eddery no less said "He's the best Ive ever seen , to be 15 leangths clear after 3 furlongs of a Classic was astonishing " Between the 3 and 2 furlong posts at Goodwood on Wednesday he covered that ground in 10.3 secs , dont think there has EVER been a horse on the planet that could live with that injection of pace at that stage of a Group 1 contest , Sing we NEED Frankel to come back as a 4 year old , Cecil reckons he'll get further than the mile (Hope he's right , he's not often wrong huh ??) SPECIAL SPECIAL big guy Sing isn't he ? Good luck m8 your insight is fab !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JakeLc
    JakeLc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse...wn/893519/top/

FREDDY HEAD, trainer of Goldikova, will not avoid a clash with the unbeaten star Frankel should circumstances dictate the pair meet in the Qipco Queen Elizabeth II Stakes on British Champions' Day at Ascot in October.

truebluebear

yup , Goldikova has done more than enough in her brilliant career to take her place at the top table Jake but she was soundly beaten by Canford cliffs who in turn was routed by Frankie so methinks Monsieur Head is playing the old "never be scared off by one horse " card and rightly so huh ???? GL Lads !!

truebluebear

Just watched the Pup route the field again at ASCOT - he is EVERYTHING we hoped he was AND SOME MORE -- F R A N K E L just possibly the GREATEST horse to ever race !!!!!!!! fcn luvin it like this !!! GL Men !!

truebluebear

Frankel a perfect 10 from 10 now guys -- The win in the Lockinge was absolutely Awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This fella has really put the smile back on the face of Racing - the world of Racing might just be at an all time high with Australia boasting Black Caviar and The United States hoping to have a "TC" winner in I'll Have Another plus we got yesterdays Derby winner CAMELOT who was magnificent and surely has the "triple Crown" at his mercy (last achieved by a colt in 1970 ) when he lines up for the St Leger at Doncaster but the "DADDY" is for me the MIGHTY FRANKEL , so glad to be on the planet at same time as this fella !!! Roll on the Queen Anne at Royal Ascot for our next "Dose" of Frankelmania -- GL Punters !!

truebluebear

Royal Ascot (Queen Anne Stakes ) -- Sit back , open a beer , relax and watch "The Man" saunter home for his 11th str8 victory , nobody gonna get rich betting him BUT you gotta throw him into doubles , trebles etc so as to say you were "ON" !!! Excelebration is listed as his nearest challenger in betting market but Frankie has beaten this one so many times the feeling is when he beats it again today he gets to keep it !!!!! Luv watching this fella - Poetry in Motion and we got Black Caviar running later in week , ENJOY punters !! Hail the Mighty Frankie !!! GL Troops !

mikemca
    Update Status

That was impressive

TonyP
    Update your status

Frankel in a romp

TonyP
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    That was impressive

it sure was, and he had to push his way over there for a bit to get clear to start run.

mikemca
    Update Status

The horse that he ran into the ground(Excelebration) is the 3rd best horse over there only behind Frankel and Cirrus Des Aigles so they are going to have to genetically create a horse if he is going to be beat anytime soon.

brucedenton
    brucedenton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22950

Wow Wow Wow!!
    Is his jockey good or lucky??

truebluebear

11 from 11 - As milers go NO horse I've ever seen could live with Frankie at that trip , only way he may lose is when he steps up to 10 furlongs but is performances at the Lockinge and today in Queen Anne suggest he will be every bit as good at a mile and a quarter - I been punting a long time and I never seen a horse start at 1/10 in a class 1 race , but then again I never seen a Horse cover a mile as easily as Frankel , GL Guys IMO they'll end up making a movie about this guy "FRANKIE GOES TO HOLLYWOOD " !!!!! lol

12 Last