flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

What kind of career Joe Talamo going to wind up having?

How good is he going to be?

gtkid911
    Gambling is a marathon
    gtkid911's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Dont think he will be one of the best yet. Hasnt really established himself on a day to day basis. Yes he can ride the occasional stakes horses but until he can be win on a day to day basis like Martin Garcia and Rosario or even Bejarano he will not be that accomplished.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1628

He has natural talent that is to take him far. Still he isn't as strong as some of the others and tends to be inconsistent at times. I don't see the maturity it takes to maintain a high level of daily performance. As the years past he could become one of the few at the elite level. Or he could become a 10 % rider. Could go either way. His path to chose. Their are many temptations for jocks. It requires a commitment, sacrifice and desire to grow to reach that level. And is it even worth it?. He's doing well enough as it is. Interesting topic.

MrExacta
    MrExacta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

I always get him confused with Joel Rosario for some reason. Did they start riding around the same time or something?

He's a good rider in my opinion, young and up and coming.

MrExacta -`

mikeyg
    mikeyg's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think he will be great if he keeps his ego in check. If Mike Smith can be considered by some great then anyone can be.

Talamo has the raw skill for sure

dugbug15
    dugbug15's Avatar Become A Pro!

the biggest threat to his successful career is the after races activity,wild parties,drinkin n' druggin and all that. i,m not saying he does,but, the opportunities are certainly available to him.let's hope he maintains a sensible awareness to all the evils.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

jockeys and for the most part everyone in the horse biz except well off owners are fukked up

lots of drugging and hard living