Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Goldikova wins yet another G1

And beat some world class horses including Dick Turpin and Byword

zebra58
    zebra58's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

nice vid mike, i'm gonna tune in thursday to watch workforce run i think he's ranked #3 horse in the world

mikemca
    Update Status

Yeah he is good but I'm not a fan after the BS they pulled with him in the Breeders Cup Turf.Goldikova is truly special.If she were trained by a US trainer she would have been retired by now or put in cupcake races to pad her record.This was her first race since November coming back as a 7 yr old to be that game after sitting just off the pace.She now has 13 Group/Grade 1 wins.

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

shes a great horse.

JakeLc
    JakeLc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

she is amazing and you can never call her schedule soft

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Amazing...she beats 13 (and counting) true G-1 fields of males and females. The horses she has beaten in those have won something like 75 other G-1 races on the same surface she races.

JakeLc
    JakeLc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

she also races in both directions including straight courses she is simply amazing

mikemca
    Update Status

What is also great about her is that she can run any style.On the pace or off it.Watch the late turn of foot here.Its like she has a nitro button.

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    What is also great about her is that she can run any style.On the pace or off it.Watch the late turn of foot here.Its like she has a nitro button.
    We had seats at the 1/8th pole when she started blowing by them. She trailed, and in a matter of a dozen strides the race was won.

truebluebear
    truebluebear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 38353

Yup she is a very Special Racehorse and the reason she is able to keep such a high standard is because the French handle their horses with kid gloves and Never beat them up to win a race . I remember when The Fellow finally won the King George at Kempton after 2 or 3 failed attempts , it was a classic example of the French training mindset of keeping the Horse in love with the game and although our French cousins enjoy a bit of horsemeat on occassion while they are running nobody in the world looks after them better . GL Guys . oh and in this years breeders cup meet watch out for 2 very very good Horses coming your way - Canford Cliffs (R Hannon) and Frankel ( Sir M Stoute )

truebluebear
    truebluebear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 38353

Quote Originally Posted by truebluebear View Post
    Yup she is a very Special Racehorse and the reason she is able to keep such a high standard is because the French handle their horses with kid gloves and Never beat them up to win a race . I remember when The Fellow finally won the King George at Kempton after 2 or 3 failed attempts , it was a classic example of the French training mindset of keeping the Horse in love with the game and although our French cousins enjoy a bit of horsemeat on occassion while they are running nobody in the world looks after them better . GL Guys . oh and in this years breeders cup meet watch out for 2 very very good Horses coming your way - Canford Cliffs (R Hannon) and Frankel ( Sir M Stoute )
    And following on The "French" win the Epsom Derby -- POUR MOI !!!!!!!!!!! ( 4/1) ty frenchies i get some beers now !

mikemca
    Update Status

That was a hilarious photo.Only one I ever saw that the jock was standing up in celebration at the line in a photo finish