good2know
    good2know's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

animal kingdom

did any1 expect animal kingdom to win?

dise-pa
    dise-pa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4269

I did hit the daily double and should a could a have hit the super but I'm to cheap..I'll be ready for the preakness...

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way
    Rio DiNero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

My mom gave me a sawbuck to put on him to win, unfortunately I did not tail her.

dugbug15
    dugbug15's Avatar Become A Pro!

i played the kentucky oaks pick-3 for $5.00.(4/7,12/5,6,7,13,16).horse 12.plum pretty won the first leg,(which makes me a loser),the 7,get stormy won the second leg,and,16,animal kingdom won the third leg.you needed all three to collect a heavy $900.00 for a $.50 wager.i had no extra cash to add more horses in the First leg.plum pretty,a s.california horse,won a $100,000+ stakes race at sunland park in his previous race,and,should have been included in my pick-3.
    oh well, the beat goes on.good luck everyone.

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

several of us did including me

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

I had seven horses in my pick 4 leg. Animal kingdom wasn't one of them. So I can honestly say. No ididnt. But many of the guys around here did

gtkid911
    Gambling is a marathon
    gtkid911's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Does anyone believe he can even win the preakness? I personally don't believe so. I am will probably looking at a horse who didnakt run in the Derby.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68521

Quote Originally Posted by gtkid911 View Post
    Does anyone believe he can even win the preakness? I personally don't believe so. I am will probably looking at a horse who didnakt run in the Derby.
    The only question about this horse in the Derby was his ability to run on dirt. If his form had been on dirt and not poly or turf only, he would have been less than 10-1 I think. Now that he has answered the dirt question, I see no reason why he could not win the Preakness. Of course , the pace of the race will dictate his chances .
    Yesterdays Derby was run so abnormally slow early on( .48 3/5 , 1:13 2/5 ) that horses like Dialed In and others that were a ten or more lengths back had no chance.Believe it or not, Dialed In ran quite well but has nothing to show for it.
    Horses that have not run in the Derby can be a decent angle . Really depends on who comes and the set up.

powerhouse
    powerhouse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

I just got lucky and hit the trifecta!! Only reason I threw him in was an article in my local newspaper (New Orleans) mentioned that a couple local guys owned a piece of him thru the syndicate that he is owned by. I had him boxed with Mucho Macho Man, Archarcharch, and Nehro. I really thought Arch would have been in the mix, but he was the only one not there. 3900+ return on my Trifecta and I bet about $200 on the race. Sometimes it pays to be Lucky when you go with an omen!!...seemed as good as anything since I couldn't come up with a fourth horse for my box!!

The house

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by powerhouse View Post
    I just got lucky and hit the trifecta!! Only reason I threw him in was an article in my local newspaper (New Orleans) mentioned that a couple local guys owned a piece of him thru the syndicate that he is owned by. I had him boxed with Mucho Macho Man, Archarcharch, and Nehro. I really thought Arch would have been in the mix, but he was the only one not there. 3900+ return on my Trifecta and I bet about $200 on the race. Sometimes it pays to be Lucky when you go with an omen!!...seemed as good as anything since I couldn't come up with a fourth horse for my box!!

The house
    Archarcharch was steadied early, had his saddle slip and was pulled up lame after the race.
    Terrible day for him.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

I had seven horses, including the top four finishers, in my exacta box. Of course, I should have played the superfecta, but I had overlooked 'Kentucky Derby' (as in unique superfecta opportunity).

TonyP
    Update your status

He is proven to run on the front end or he can be rated he could take the lead and never look back in the preakness. The fractions were slow so the derby didnt take much out of him.

DennisT
    DennisT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4946

Still trying to find a reason to pick that colt. CANNOT!!

TonyP
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by DennisT View Post

he wasnt that hard to come up with not sure why you having trouble.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TonyP View Post
    He is proven to run on the front end or he can be rated he could take the lead and never look back in the preakness. The fractions were slow so the derby didnt take much out of him.
    Do not think that slower early fractions factor in how much the race took out of any of the horses.Can't go in to detail now but trust me, it does not work like that.

TonyP
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    Do not think that slower early fractions factor in how much the race took out of any of the horses.Can't go in to detail now but trust me, it does not work like that.

I am also referring to how he looked in the race. looked relaxed and didnt look like it took a lot of effort to pass nehro in the stretch.

Brewers in 7
    SBR owes me 45 points
    Brewers in 7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1303

I had him in the contest here and 2 others, looked as good as anything else in the race... If he handled the dirt, which he did.

foryourhandicap
    foryourhandicap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1381

Quote Originally Posted by DennisT View Post
    He had one of the best Dosage Index numbers and the number one Tomlinson distance rating. What it boils down to is that if one of his prep races was on the dirt, it is probably the favorite. And practically everyone raved that no horse looked better on the track the week leading up to the race, which should have helped put the dirt issue to rest.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by foryourhandicap View Post
    He had one of the best Dosage Index numbers and the number one Tomlinson distance rating. What it boils down to is that if one of his prep races was on the dirt, it is probably the favorite. And practically everyone raved that no horse looked better on the track the week leading up to the race, which should have helped put the dirt issue to rest.
    Very True.

JakeLc
    JakeLc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

Marcus Hersh made him his top selection due in part to his athleticism which is something few people pay any attention to.

steady hustlin
    steady hustlin's Avatar Become A Pro!

What do you guys think about him in the next one?

TonyP
    Update your status

I think if he gets past the preakness he will win the triple crown