DanL32
    DanL32's Avatar Become A Pro!

Does nobody like Dialed In?

I know the derby favorite hasn't won in x years or whatever, but I feel like nobody is on this horse. All of the previews, writeups, etc i've seen seems to like him placing or showing but nobody is picking him for the win. Have I just been looking at the wrong writeups? Is he just a bad value? Anyone here like him to win?

I love his trainer, ownership, pedigree, and he's no slouch on the track either. Anyone wanna fill me in on anything I should know? I appreciate it.

joeyp1222
    joeyp1222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

if you like him, then play a 50 cent triple key him over maybe 7 horses for $21 you might get lucky

derby day is the toughest handicappers day to pick the derby especially so if you like something dont get talked off it

good luck

gembo12
    gembo12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3480

I like him. He along with a few others will just have to be in the right place at the right time turning for home.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Have him in my top 4 but won't play to win.

dogkatcher
    dogkatcher's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23753

I put him thru my software (RDSS) and he didn't finish in the top 6, I really did like him. Won't use him on top but underneath in the exotics as a result.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1640

I watched all the Derby preps and Dialed In is the one horse I think will enjoy the 1 1/4 mile distance of the Kentucky Derby. He is my top selection. Here's the rub. He a closer and needs to avoid trouble in a big field. The track may get rain on Saturday! That changes everything. Plus I'm not sure how hot the pace will be to set things up for the closers. I'll use him on top and in the second hole but plan to spread out so as not to rely solely on Dialed In. Its not an easy race.

Brewers in 7
    SBR owes me 45 points
    Brewers in 7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1303

The problem with him is if the jock decides to drop him way behind again, he'll end up 20th early, i dont think he can win this race from 20th, if he sits in mid pack he can win it, he's by far the most consistent runner

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

He is the most likely to hit the board, but in the big field everyone wants to beat the favorite.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

if you can find the winner and mucho money to spend you can nail some nice exotics.
    i hit the exacta last year and played the super wit those two on top. i went 10 deep for third and fourth and missed the third and got the 4th so i missed a huge payout by missing third place. if i only had more money to bet hehe