cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

well, im hooked

today was a good day. i stopped by a top 20 trainers (at yonkers) stables to see a friend who works there. since i was in the area picking up siding for a bitch of a replacement job i figured it'd put me in the right mood so to speak. being there for me is like being in the locker room with the flyers and fillies-er ah, phillies
    anyway, i stopped by with 5 mcd's coffee's. shot the chit with the guys for 10 or 15 min. and told them i had to get going when the head honcho downed the last drop of the coffee and told me to follow him. he picked up the 2 seater bike on the side of the barn and hooked up the pacer next in line for the daily training session. "i told you i was going to take you for a jog next time you came up now get in the phuckin bike", he said. "i only pet 'em and bet 'em boss, but if you insist" i couldnt believe that my first experience with a horse would be on a 3/8th's private track behind a lifetime winner of close to 3/4 mil $ after a few trips around the track(trotting) & having some of the best conversation i can recall he slowly handed me the reins....there i was freakin driving a real, live, racing tomorrow for more than i'll probably make this year, pacing mare!!!!! i had her swervin' a lil bit and i think she knew a total rookie was at the wheel so i was quickly shown who was really in charge. it felt like we were really rolling as she hit the race stride (pacing) and started gaining speed. he did tell me to pull back on her more than once...not like i meant to hit the gas on his super killer/cool/expensive "sports car".
    it made the chitful siding repair job later in the morning a lil less miserable. (ie: smile you couldnt remove with a grinder)
    so...anyone ever seen a 6'4"-225lb gorilla make a living piloting sulkies? lemme know, eh?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: playersclub22

callmejrk1
    callmejrk1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

seen bigger than that

DaHoss
    DaHoss's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

cool eh.. i remember the first horse my buddy put me up behind, sent me out by myself took him to the back track told me to jog him 4 to 5 miles to work up a sweat ..he just got the horse never told me he was a puller.

We hit the back track and everthings fine jsu tme and him enjoying life til we got too close to the edge where there wer overhanging branches and one got caught on the jogger...well that just set him off and away he went 100 mile hr and me not knowin what to do so i held on as hard as i could as he ahd amind of his own finally he tired himself out ... I take him back to the barn and hes frothin and the trainer says looks like you did a good job hes all lathered up.. i never let on anything was out of the ordinary..

So I started helping out around the barn more often and he trusted me to handle the lines said I had nice sft hands not rough on their mouths that had me sitting behind his expensive babies.

He also let me sit behind his 48:3 pacer.. we trained together at the racetrack i came a 1/4 in 26:3

most awesome feeling in my life

btw my mare won at woodbine paid 23 bucks

cecil127

you know all too well what im talking about then Hoss
    26.3 is a zooooomin quarter mile.-i can only imagine.
    i must admit, since that jog ive wondered more than once what its like to pop the plugs on one of them babies rockin and a rolling down the stretch.....damn that be living, wouldnt it?

laxbrah420
    laxbrah420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 505

bestiality is wrong.

dogkatcher
    dogkatcher's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23693

Sounds like a great experience you had, can't imagine
    coming down the stretch other then being solo.

Brewers in 7
    SBR owes me 45 points
    Brewers in 7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1303

Thats awesome Cecil, i used to gallop horses at Philly Park way back when, it's a awesome feeling

marksinger
    marksinger's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey Brewers in 7.
    I used to go to Parx when it was Keystone Park!!
    I played music at the Thunder Valley Inn and all the track people including jockeys use to stop in. That was in the late 70s!! Giving my age away.
    Do you ever handicap Parx? Take care. Mark

cecil127

Quote Originally Posted by laxbrah420 View Post
    bestiality is wrong.
    relax brah and keep puffin the hippie hay. dont quit your day job as your schtick aint worth a plug nickel here, douche bag

Quote Originally Posted by dogkatcher View Post
    Sounds like a great experience you had, can't imagine coming down the stretch other then being solo.
    you drive or train s-breds? sweet!

wildrich
    wildrich's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

crazy

crazy stuff huh lol i also seen bigger which is crazy

dogkatcher
    dogkatcher's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23693

"you drive or train s-breds? sweet!"

I wish, was just thinking of how tough it has to be with a crowd
    around you in an actual race.
    Last edited by dogkatcher; 05-02-11 at 02:35 AM.