Double_Tap
    Double_Tap's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm sticking with UNCLE MO

Anybody else think he is still a top contender?

Hollywood tonight.

1st 5-4

2nd 7-1

4th 5-3

5th #4

6th 3-7

gtkid911
    Gambling is a marathon
    gtkid911's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Horse had one bad race for which he has an excuse for. Dependung on condition he shoukd run his race

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

I don't think he'll even run. They'll find an excuse to scratch him.

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

Quote Originally Posted by gtkid911 View Post
    Horse had one bad race for which he has an excuse for. Dependung on condition he shoukd run his race

what was the excuse, we tried to rate him and it didnt work, he couldnt get the distance? I tossed hiim hope everyone else bets him. he can still hit the board just wont win

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

If you stick with him, you'll probably make some other people very happy.

for parimutuel wagering.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

I think they said he had an upset stomach. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyP View Post
    what was the excuse, we tried to rate him and it didnt work, he couldnt get the distance? I tossed hiim hope everyone else bets him. he can still hit the board just wont win

seasonoff
    seasonoff's Avatar Become A Pro!

uncle mo joke

Uncle mo, r u kidding me...horse is junk trash and will be dead last.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68557

Unless something got by me, Uncle Mo was said to have had a gastrointestinal infection . My question is, if that was the finding of a thorough examination, was it used as an excuse as to why he lost? Or, was that simply a finding and was mentioned?
    Does anyone know?
    I will be happy to way in on the subject but wanted to ask the questions first.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1640

Uncle Mo is a toss for me. I just don't think he'll survive the 1 1/4 mile. If he wins I will get nothing.

joeyp1222
    joeyp1222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Im waiting for the draw before i make my choices but i dont think uncle moe will be it plus im waiting for a guy to give me his opinion cause hes at the track every morning checking the updated situations and i'll have my pick probaly thursday

seasonoff
    seasonoff's Avatar Become A Pro!

no no noooooooo

I see you sticking with a lose bud

dogkatcher
    dogkatcher's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23765

Uncle Mo's owner willing to put money where his mouth is.

“If he’s not going off the favorite, I’ll make him the favorite,” said Repole, who has been known to play a little at the windows.

Brewers in 7
    SBR owes me 45 points
    Brewers in 7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1303

Guess Repole doesn't realize being the favorite has not been too kind in the Derby.

design
    design's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    Unless something got by me, Uncle Mo was said to have had a gastrointestinal infection . My question is, if that was the finding of a thorough examination, was it used as an excuse as to why he lost? Or, was that simply a finding and was mentioned?
    Does anyone know?
    I will be happy to way in on the subject but wanted to ask the questions first.
    Where did you read about his infection?

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by design View Post
    Where did you read about his infection?
    It was in several articles.Read the Derby news Gremlin posts and several days after the Wood it came out. With that said, I find it hard too believe that the infection was bad enough to get him beat but not bad enough to show up on his twice a day temperature readings or his eating habits . These things are monitored like a hawk and usually something in the way of an infection will show itself in one form or another.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by dogkatcher View Post
    Uncle Mo's owner willing to put money where his mouth is.

“If he’s not going off the favorite, I’ll make him the favorite,” said Repole, who has been known to play a little at the windows.

If anyone had any respect for this guy as a horseman before he said this,they surely can not have any now.

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I think he is somewhat less than 100%, but he is by far the most talented runner in this field. The question is can he win at 90%....I don't think so, but he sure ran off the page the last time he was at Churchill. I was sitting near the wire and was speachless at what I saw that day.

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4536

Why would u stick with a horse that has so ??? around it? If anything, I would key Dial in for my wagers, as least he is consistent. Just my two cents.

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post
    Why would u stick with a horse that has so ??? around it? If anything, I would key Dial in for my wagers, as least he is consistent. Just my two cents.
    He has a ton of questions, but his best is a half dozen lengths the best.

Dialed In is consistent, but never run a par figure for this race and finished slowly with an ideal setup last. He has as good of a shot as anyone, but not worth 4-1

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Gulch View Post
    I think he is somewhat less than 100%, but he is by far the most talented runner in this field. The question is can he win at 90%....I don't think so, but he sure ran off the page the last time he was at Churchill. I was sitting near the wire and was speachless at what I saw that day.

I think that is a very fair assessment.

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4536

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Gulch View Post
    He has a ton of questions, but his best is a half dozen lengths the best. Dialed In is consistent, but never run a par figure for this race and finished slowly with an ideal setup last. He has as good of a shot as anyone, but not worth 4-1
    I really don't think he will be 4-1, this year is probably the most wide-opened derby we've seen in a long time. I'm not saying he will win, but I would rather key this horse in my tri's and super's than using Uncle Mo. We all know that the winner needs a lot of luck, and with his running style, he can avoid a lot of early troubles and hopefully make a good run at the end.

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    It was in several articles.Read the Derby news Gremlin posts and several days after the Wood it came out. With that said, I find it hard too believe that the infection was bad enough to get him beat but not bad enough to show up on his twice a day temperature readings or his eating habits . These things are monitored like a hawk and usually something in the way of an infection will show itself in one form or another.
    How will this GI infection effect Mo's training? I Will stay away from this horse.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bb_skoots View Post
    How will this GI infection effect Mo's training? I Will stay away from this horse.
    It should not effect his training schedule at all.What it would effect would be his inner strength, similar to how you or I might feel after having a disorder of some sort.

I would have to think that Pletcher already knows in his heart what he is going to do. He is simply cementing his decision. If it is to scratch, a decision like that takes a while to sink in. If it is to run,the horse must tell you that.
    The only language horses speak in is body language. When you stand at the rail and watch your horse train everyday a typical gallop takes about 10-12 minutes total with jogging for a bit ,galloping a mile and 1/2 and jogging home, standing out and coming off the track.You would not believe the multiple movements and idiosyncrasies that any particular horse displays on a daily bases.As a trainer, you get to know each and every one of these. Just like a human,if you are not right, some of these things will not show themselves. Many times, a trainer will make a gut decision, that is not finite but instead, a gut feeling. No trainer ever knows for sure what the other outcome would have been but successful trainers do this for a living and are right many times more than they are wrong.
    If any of the stories about a loss of weight or sickly are true, he will be scratched.
    Like a lot of occupations, it ain't as easy as the good ones make it look.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

I think Pletcher has been planning on scratching Uncle Mo for some time now.

MysteryMung
    Freddy Lansen
    MysteryMung's Avatar Become A Pro!

good luck to all the mo backers - still haven't made up my mind yet, but he certainly has the most talent of any horse in the field