Boxingchamp2010
    Boxingchamp2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

New to horse racing can someone help

how do you read everything on this page and just need help on reading what everything means on some of these post.
    thanks

calder 4/25
    r1-----#6 holiday blake with 7-1-5
    r2-----#1 wild apache with 5-2-6
    r3-----#5 grey tordilla with 9-8-1
    r4-----#5 tomorrows gone with 6-4-3
    r5-----#3 schatt the bandit with 1-5-8
    r6-----#1 kuggerand with 10-3-4
    r7-----#2 false economy with 4-8-6
    r8-----#2 logan square with 7-5-9----best
    r9-----#6 cherokee queen with 11-5-9-7
    r10----#4 kenny the salesman with 3-6-10

Gremlin Lad
    Gremlin Lad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Boxingchamp2010 View Post
    how do you read everything on this page and just need help on reading what everything means on some of these post.
    thanks

calder 4/25
    r1-----#6 holiday blake with 7-1-5
    r2-----#1 wild apache with 5-2-6
    r3-----#5 grey tordilla with 9-8-1
    r4-----#5 tomorrows gone with 6-4-3
    r5-----#3 schatt the bandit with 1-5-8
    r6-----#1 kuggerand with 10-3-4
    r7-----#2 false economy with 4-8-6
    r8-----#2 logan square with 7-5-9----best
    r9-----#6 cherokee queen with 11-5-9-7
    r10----#4 kenny the salesman with 3-6-10
    OkAY, you reposted joeyp selected plays for Calder Race Course on 4/25/2011

joeyp has been posting his handicapping system picks on here for some time and as and handicapper he has his Good Days and then he has some OFF days.....but all in all he his one of the better FREE handicappers that I have seen in a long time.

That being said, to use these, he is suggesting that if you do use his picks to bet the first # that he shows to come (1st) Win and (2nd) Place.

Then if you have a good feeling on that race, bet an exacta ( horse must win and the other horse(s) you select must come in 2nd.) So lets use race #5...Bet the #3 to Win and Place.. then for an exacta, bet the #3 with #1,#5, #8.

$2 Win,Place #3 would cost $4.00
    $1 exacta wheel 3/1,5,8 would cost $3.

If the race #5 finishes first place #3.... second place #5... third place #4

You would be able to cash your Win Place ticket on #3

You would be able to cash your Exacta ticket #3 with #5.

There are also trifecta wagers in the race and sometimes superfecta wagers

In the example above the trifecta would of been 3/5/4. but joeyp did not select the 4 so if you played a trifecta using his numbers, you would of lost the wager.

Follow his selections for a few days ...start out with Win and place bets or just Show (third place finish) on his top pick if you like.

Just remember that any good horseplayer will tell you you cannot win at the horse races playing EVERY race...you must choose carefully the races you want to play and win.

On an overall average the post time favorite wins the race about 35 percent of the time. That means the post time favorite looses 65 percet of the time......however, the post time favorite will come in the payoff 1st, 2nd, or 3rd about 70 percent of races.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck

PS: Actually the finshing order of Calder's Race 5 was 5 - 1 - 7

So if you boxed the first three horses you would of won the exacta however a $1 exacta box 1,3,5 would of cost $6.00 ... in a box bet on exacta you only need two of the horses used to finish either first or second. the 5/1 exacta paid $12.45
    Last edited by Gremlin Lad; 04-25-11 at 08:10 PM.

Boxingchamp2010

thanks.....

Boxingchamp2010

where is the best place to go to handicap a horse race ??????

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

what i did boxing was get a program and went to a track and had some of the old timers explain it to me. a lot of posters on here have a lot of knowledge and will help. Str knows a shit load about the races and always helps. Joey is a great capper. You also have cecil if you want to learn harnesses and people in this subforum seem to be more helpful then others.

Boxingchamp2010

alright thanks its just hard to get to a track cause i live down in the south and we got nothing here. so i have to do everything from the computer and watch it from there.

wtt0315

yeah i live in florida so we have them everywhere. when i lived in atlanta though it was hard. you can join the horsecalculator.com they give you two free tracks a day where they give you their picks. i dont recommend people who know horses to take others picks but starting out it could be good.

Boxingchamp2010

and what is the formula for the exacta calculator i want to be able to figure it out before a race thanks sorry for all the questions just horse racing is not the same as other sports

Boxingchamp2010

alright cool.. i live in south carolina so yeah it sucks. i love when i go to my aunts house in NJ we always go to tracks around there and NY

dugbug15
    dugbug15's Avatar Become A Pro!

try going back to all the sbr threads in the racebook forum.many newbies before you got some good suggestions from them.
    good luck.

wtt0315

no real formula. Basically the exacta is a pool by its self. So lets say there is 100 dollars bet on all exactas. The winning exactas would split tht pool. Of course they will take out their percentage first. So if a 100 dollars is in a pool and 2 people hit it then it would pay 50 bucks. Once again without getting two complecated they take their percentage which changes track to track first.

zebra58
    zebra58's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

boxingchamp do you not get betpoints for posting?

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

if you're going straight from the computer (no otb's close by) program/past performance sheets (also known as: "PP"s)- can be found here in our cool forum for free courtesy of Mr. Exacta and a few others from time to time
    if you need a track program check out www.trackmaster.com and www.trackmaster.com/usta for the trotters/pacers/sulky/standardbreds. i think they're $1.50 per track...choose from the samples, they vary greatly.

how to read the hieroglyphics can be found here: http://www.horseracingprograms.com/How2ReadTBred.pdf
    best i could find on short notice: 30 secs on yahoo/google etc...could be more fruitful. the harness(sulky or dare i say "chariot" races-*cringe*) how2read is a lil different as they will give you the horses actual time. notice that they all(yonkers as the exception lately) race for a mile each time out: http://www.horseracingprograms.com/How2ReadHarn.pdf

as for where to wager you'll find plenty of info on the adw's from the rest of the crew here....im in PA and from what i see thats codeword for "lockdown" as far as adw's go

if you have more questons just ask. lots of good peeps around here

DaHoss
    DaHoss's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

lots of newbies that play exacta i see their tickets 1-3-6-8 over the 4-9

these are ridiculous.. require much more luck to hit if you handicap and hone in a couple you like play them 1st and 2nd because the difference between winning and losing cna be minimal and if your 20-1 shot gets beat on the bob and you didnt have him for 2nd youd pull your hair out all the time.