aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1622

Beyer Number stats

I was thinking about the Beyer numbers. With the introduction of these and speed figures. Has the ability of people increased to pick more winners? ie) Winning favorite percentages prior to and after the introduction of Beyer's numbers.

Also what is the winning percentage of the highest beyer number in the field actually winning the race?

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68533

The answer is no.

Beyer and other speed figures have not made picking winners any easier.
    Do not know the exact percentage. I would think that if I was Andy, I would be sure to print that % somewhere if it put my questionable figures in a better light.

Also, winning favorite % is probably up but that most assuredly is due to the watered down 5-6 horse fields that are so prevalent these days.

zebra58
    zebra58's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by aggieshawn View Post
    I was thinking about the Beyer numbers. With the introduction of these and speed figures. Has the ability of people increased to pick more winners? ie) Winning favorite percentages prior to and after the introduction of Beyer's numbers.

Also what is the winning percentage of the highest beyer number in the field actually winning the race?
    25-30% win, the number is just a tool you have to figure what # the horse is likely to run in todays race, dist,class,trip,layoff patterns, bounce

aggie do a web seach on beyer figures & find the info

zebra58

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    The answer is no.

Beyer and other speed figures have not made picking winners any easier.
    Do not know the exact percentage. I would think that if I was Andy, I would be sure to print that % somewhere if it put my questionable figures in a better light.

Also, winning favorite % is probably up but that most assuredly is due to the watered down 5-6 horse fields that are so prevalent these days.
    why has beyer & other speed figures not made it easier?

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9438

Never paid much attention to speed figures. To me, they are a non factor.

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1622

Yes, I wonder how many horses with the highest speed figures actally make the lead?

zebra58

Quote Originally Posted by aggieshawn View Post
    Yes, I wonder how many horses with the highest speed figures actally make the lead?
    most highest figure horses are chalk or low odds, so how many favorites do you see on the lead, i'd guess 40% don't know