BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Heading out to Emerald Downs opener tonight

Wish me luck boys!!

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Good Luck but didn't they open a week or two ago?

Foosball Champ
    Foosball Champ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10462

They open tonight, although the field size has been dwindling in the last 5 years or so. Pretty chalky. When Longacres was open it was bomb after bomb.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

good luck with that place...horses have been laid off for 3 or 4 monthes aren't easily pickable...drink beer and bet lucky number combinations until there is some form at that rat hole...portland meadows shippers probably abound... some of the junk thats been running at golden slippers down south shipped up for some easy purse money...i have problems with emerald being a viable betting option...

mikemca
    Update Status

Oops I was thinking Evangeline Downs..Sry

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by Foosball Champ View Post
    They open tonight, although the field size has been dwindling in the last 5 years or so. Pretty chalky. When Longacres was open it was bomb after bomb.
    I don't play EMD often but when I played the Longacre Mile day there were alot of bombs.Noosa Beach wasn't a big price but Jersey Town was a bomb and got up for 2nd.Then Jersey Town came back to run big in the Bold Ruler 2nd to Bribon and then won the Cigar Mile at a huge price and capped a pretty big Grand Slam.Another interesting horse that came out of that race Burj Dubai underachieved at Emerald but looks promising now in Cali with trainer Carla Gaines.

joeyp1222
    joeyp1222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Quote Originally Posted by bgbootha View Post
    wish me luck boys!!
    good luck there bg and have fun

MrExacta
    MrExacta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Play Jennifer Whittaker and Galyn Mitchell, however Whittaker doesn't appear to be riding there at least not tonight.

Mitchell will have a couple wins or places of his 5 mounts tonight, stay away from Leslie Mawing.....dogshit jockey.

MrExacta -`

Gremlin Lad
    Gremlin Lad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey BGboothA hope you had some winners last night. How far are you from EM Downs ?

When I visited family in Washington, I went to both tracks Longacres before Boeing took over the land and then twice to Emerald Downs after they orginally opened.

IMO Longacres was a more beautiful landscaped track.

dugbug15
    dugbug15's Avatar Become A Pro!

don't forget jockey joe crispin,(the crispy critter),he will be the russel baze of emerald,as he was at portland meadows.

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Ended up dead even last night. Super chalky. The wins didn't pay much. Lost a final exacts by a super close photo in the last race.

Drank plenty of beer though.

mproud1
    mproud1's Avatar Become A Pro!

one word: FRAZIER!!