burgaweddie
    burgaweddie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Uncle Mo A JOKE

Uncle MO proved today he is no more than a good sprinter, he has no shot in hell of even hitting the board if he runs in the derby, if he could not win at Aqueduct today on a speed favoring track he has no chance at Churchill Downs over that sandy track. He will be pointed to sprint races after he FLOPS again in the Derby

Brewers in 7
    SBR owes me 45 points
    Brewers in 7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1303

just another overdeveloped todd pletcher 2 year old that never got better at 3.

sq764
    sq764's Avatar Become A Pro!

pletcher babies them too much, you cant have them ready that way... he'll never learn

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9438

Owners take a hit as well. Pletcher just following orders most of the time.

I think with a horse like this, the owners are just scared he'll get hurt if they run him in a tough race.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

bridge jumpers got away with one this time...never really threatened for 3rd but if this horse is favored in the derby i'd play against...

DaHoss
    DaHoss's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

what the hell was the jock of the 4 doing had him blindswiyched the whole way wins easy with any kind of smooth trip

dlew2k
    Update your status
    dlew2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

another over-rated NY based horse.

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Price setting for the derby run! Didn't run like he has.

Gremlin Lad
    Gremlin Lad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BGboothA View Post

Could be.

But I think the horse has peaked and is just "burned out"..

This derby field is getting smaller, and smaller with no clear cut giant....look out for the supplimented entries !

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68545

Please tell me you are kidding.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

You can't fake tired.Mo was spent and wanted no part of the last 1/8.

gembo12
    gembo12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3480

Poor Derby prep by Pletcher. Only two prep races and one of those is one turn. Can't wait to handicap this wide open race on May 7th.

sq764

i expect him to run better, but no way in hell he wins derby.. clearly the distance is in no way what he has

gtkid911
    Gambling is a marathon
    gtkid911's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Ya i agree no way he wins after that run. COuld set the pace for dialed in though

exstatman
    exstatman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 324

Probably runs once more, then off to the breeding shed before the value goes down further. And then will become another who throws fragile offspring.

Mistongo
    4/6 pick 6 expert
    Mistongo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I think he will improve but I don't see him winning. He still is a prety good horse.
    Last edited by Mistongo; 04-10-11 at 10:04 PM.

Seattle Slew

If he gets a rider switch, it will only help. Put Gomez on him and drop Velasquez.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistongo View Post
    I think he will improve but I don't see him winning. He still is a prety good horse.

gman2114
    SBR Rocks
    gman2114's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1279

No more MO

Brewers in 7
    SBR owes me 45 points

he;s gonna get crunched in the derby and you won't see him again til Saratoga if at all

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Quote Originally Posted by Brewers in 7 View Post
    he;s gonna get crunched in the derby and you won't see him again til Saratoga if at all

Why?IHe can be dominant at a mile.I think he looks pretty good in the Met Mile if they choose that route

BBROBOZO
    BBROBOZO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Off the pace

I feel pretty confident in saying that the winner of this years derby will set back and wait , look for a closer .
    I think that in a 20 horse field that winning the derby is hard , real hard .
    Lot of luck involved, best horse don't have to win .
    If you ran it 3 times , lets say a month apart , and redraw the post positions , no way that the same horse wins it twice, possibly 5 times and still doubt if you get a horse to win twice .
    This race is wide open .... just my opinion.

sq764

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    If he gets a rider switch, it will only help. Put Gomez on him and drop Velasquez.
    you could have had day, shoemaker or mccaron on him and it wouldnt have made a different... he was cruising, unprompted then hit the wall..

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Sprinter? He was a great miler as a 2yo, that's what we know. It doesn't always translate, but losing 1 race by 1 length doesn't always end a career anyway. 2nd race in 5 months could be the setup if you can trust multiple Eclipse trainer Pletcher.

sq764

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Gulch View Post
    Sprinter? He was a great miler as a 2yo, that's what we know. It doesn't always translate, but losing 1 race by 1 length doesn't always end a career anyway. 2nd race in 5 months could be the setup if you can trust multiple Eclipse trainer Pletcher.
    1 length? he lost by almost 4.. thats a huge difference

dogkatcher
    dogkatcher's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23753

Repeating any one of his last 3 races should/would have beaten that weak field.
    The chart says he lost by 1 length and a neck. Looked like he was going to draw
    away when he had a length and a half lead at the eighth pole, then ran out of gas.
    Perhaps the Derby will be too long, wide open, possible supplemental entries if they have enough earnings.

Brewers in 7
    SBR owes me 45 points

remember too he lost to a awful awful field in the wood, he's run two races this year, both came up slow..

Seattle Slew

They'll probably run in the Derby, then push him back to mile races and under, just like they did with Quality Road.

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Quote Originally Posted by sq764 View Post
    1 length? he lost by almost 4.. thats a huge difference
    You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. His nose was even with Toby's rear.

sq764

Quote Originally Posted by Brewers in 7 View Post
    remember too he lost to a awful awful field in the wood, he's run two races this year, both came up slow..
    yeah that was a brutal field in the wood and he folded like a cheap tent with absolutely no pressure... pletcher doesnt get how to win a derby

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

one race and he's written off..not sure

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

he was only a long length behind...but those horses dusted him easily in the lane.

Gremlin Lad

Uncle Mo rumors found on internet searches:

Uncle Mo has a different action than last year, has obviously underwent some kind of minor surgery over the winter (probably had bone chips cleared from a swollen joint) and has not come back like they thought he would. Secret surgeries in Florida under the guise of R and R happen all of the time--some horses come back...others are never the same. This would explain the pathetically weak prep regiment and kid gloves by Pletcher.

There are rumors at all the tracks and training facilities down here in Florida that Mo underwent surgery in Ocala over the winter and it was very hush hush. That is more than a rumor to a buddy of mine who has an in-law that works where Mo had his surgery. Mo has not just regressed from his two year old form, he has fallen 20 points backwards. That NEVER happens in a top fight racehorse unless soundness issues are involved. You know this...

Mo is obviously not the same horse. Two BSFs at right about 90. Let's get real...I hope he comes back into form, but am bitterly dismayed at Pletcher and Repole for not coming clean to the public about what really went on with Uncle Mo in Florida under the guise of R and R! ...............Houdini

Wouldn't surprise me one little bit. One of my big propblems with Uncle MO this year has been the fact he didn't make his 3yo debut until March. That should probably tell us something... ........ DiscreetCat

zebra58
    zebra58's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

that's bull-shit g

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68545

Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin Lad View Post
    Uncle Mo rumors found on internet searches:

Uncle Mo has a different action than last year, has obviously underwent some kind of minor surgery over the winter (probably had bone chips cleared from a swollen joint) and has not come back like they thought he would. Secret surgeries in Florida under the guise of R and R happen all of the time--some horses come back...others are never the same. This would explain the pathetically weak prep regiment and kid gloves by Pletcher.

There are rumors at all the tracks and training facilities down here in Florida that Mo underwent surgery in Ocala over the winter and it was very hush hush. That is more than a rumor to a buddy of mine who has an in-law that works where Mo had his surgery. Mo has not just regressed from his two year old form, he has fallen 20 points backwards. That NEVER happens in a top fight racehorse unless soundness issues are involved. You know this...

Mo is obviously not the same horse. Two BSFs at right about 90. Let's get real...I hope he comes back into form, but am bitterly dismayed at Pletcher and Repole for not coming clean to the public about what really went on with Uncle Mo in Florida under the guise of R and R! ...............Houdini

Wouldn't surprise me one little bit. One of my big propblems with Uncle MO this year has been the fact he didn't make his 3yo debut until March. That should probably tell us something... ........ DiscreetCat
    So are people saying that his "different action" is better than last year or worse?
    Has anyone described how it is different?
    For instance the way he carries his head? His stride? His leads?
    Also, has he had an equipment change? Bit,tongue tie,blinkers,shadow roll,nose band,figure 8,bandages?
    Please let me know and I will follow up.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by str; 04-14-11 at 08:09 AM.

Gremlin Lad

FRIDAY APRIL 15, 2011

I ONLY POST WHAT I FIND ON SEARCHES ON THE SUBJECT........SOMETIMES I PUT MY 2 CENTS WORTH IN BUT NOT OFTEN.

TODAY, THE STORY IS ...AFTER A BATTERY OF TESTS AND BLOODWORK.... THEY NOW SAY UNCLE MO HAD AN OLD FASHION BELLY ACHE WHEN HE WAS BEATEN BY TOBY'S CORNER.

Now there is the puzzle that you can piece together... Does he go to Kentucky Derby ?

Dos he improve, pounce back, or bomb in the Derby if he does race ?

That is why they race these animals. NOTHING is a lock.

Have a NICE DAY.

12 Last