View Poll Results: Which is better Winnipeg or Phoenix ?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Phoenix

3 20.00%
  • Winnipeg

11 73.33%
  • Don't care they suck!

1 6.67%
    MathewXB
    Update your status
    MathewXB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

Phoenix To Winnipeg

Ok so I just saw on the COL/EDM game that Phoenix might move to winnipeg. What are y'alls thoughts on this.

InTheRed
    InTheRed's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17656

I think you miss heard something. There is absolutely no talk of this whatsoever. If Canada is to get a new team, Winnipeg is about 4th on the list.

You sure you didn't hear that Phoenix came from Winnipeg???

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Quote Originally Posted by InTheRed View Post
    I think you miss heard something. There is absolutely no talk of this whatsoever. If Canada is to get a new team, Winnipeg is about 4th on the list. You sure you didn't hear that Phoenix came from Winnipeg???
    Who is first on the list? For me I vote for Quebec City.

MathewXB
    Update your status

They said it on the COL side of the COL/EDM game cast. I had to rewind it to make sure I heard it right. It was kinda like a major double take for me.

XB

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

I've heard a lot about this too in that last week from a local sports channel from where I'm from in Toronto. They have a website that has all the latest news on this if anyone is interested.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/jetsmeter/

Wiggums5
    The Wiggler
    Wiggums5's Avatar Become A Pro!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=6185492

Looking like good news for people in Winnepeg

groovey
    groovey's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ain't going to happen as much as it should,the desert dogs deserve to go back where they came from. Butthole Bettman will block it just like he did when they try to outright buy it last yr.

LUSabres
    Get off me child's play
    LUSabres's Avatar Become A Pro!

Toronto/Southern Ontario deserves another franchise before any other Canadian city.

gti175
    gti175's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1509

Quote Originally Posted by LUSabres View Post
    Toronto/Southern Ontario deserves another franchise before any other Canadian city.
    Not going to happen with buffalo and toronto being so close.... Quebec or Winnipeg would both be good. They should just move Atlanta and phoenix to Canada ...

leafs_ducks
    leafs_ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4849

How abt Atlanta to Quebec city?

DeenerThaLeener
    DeenerThaLeener's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 70

This has been in the works for quite some time now. Almost seems like it's going to happen but then the idea gets shut down. Maybe this time, maybe not..

LUSabres
    Get off me child's play

Quote Originally Posted by gti175 View Post
    Not going to happen with buffalo and toronto being so close.... Quebec or Winnipeg would both be good. They should just move Atlanta and phoenix to Canada ...
    Could easily support another franchise bud.

MathewXB
    Update your status

Speaking as someone who lived in AZ for a while I think they should sell the yotes to someone local there are plently of people will the money to join in on this venture it Phoenix. Plus with all the people from up north that live there now they should be making a killing. When I lived there the season tickets are aways sold out and the place it packed for almost every game. They love hockey in the desert they have shown it time and time again. I say leave the yotes there and move Trashlanta up north. Plus Winnipeg had their shot for a team and they let it go. I say no second chance for Winnipeg. Move Trashlanta to Eastern Canada somewhere. Just my thoughts.

XB

MathewXB
    Update your status

And makes you think they are so deserving? They are very die hard up there the new team would only struggle for fans and money until they move them again or just end the team. I would like so see another western Canada Team but I do not think there is a place to put them except Winnipeg and I am not a fan of that move.

gti175
    gti175's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1509

Could easily support another franchise bud.
    I never said they couldnt support one. Theres rules in place that toronto and buffalo have with the NHL that teams cannot be placed within 75 miles of either city, so if you stick one in waterloo, or hamilton you'll lose on both counts. I'm sure lots of people would jump off the Toronto boat and cheer for a team like phx with the players they have. Toronto doesn't want to share.. lol, believe me I would rather drive down the 401 that way then down teh qew into Toronto..

LUSabres
    Get off me child's play

Quote Originally Posted by MathewXB View Post
    And makes you think they are so deserving? They are very die hard up there the new team would only struggle for fans and money until they move them again or just end the team. I would like so see another western Canada Team but I do not think there is a place to put them except Winnipeg and I am not a fan of that move.
    Lmao, you know nothing about hockey in Canada.

Blackhawks98
    Blackhawks98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 745

The big mistake the Yotes made was going from downtown Phoenix to Glendale. The first 7 years they played in America West Arena in downtown Phoenix and it was a very hot ticket, then they moved to Glendale and things started going from bad to worse. They needed a new arena though becuase America West wasn't adequate for hockey purposes. I don't agree that Winnipeg should get a team, I just don't think they can support an NHL team in the longrun. I agree with Toronto/Southern Ontario like Hamilton. But I would also like to see a city like Milwaukee land a team. Then you have a wildcard in Kansas City, they have the newly built Sprint Center just waiting for a Pro team tenant.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Bettman is too big of a retard to do it. He still thinks he can make hockey an overall success down south but it's never gonna happen except for a few select markets. Phoenix to Winnipeg and Atlanta to Quebec City would be preferable moves though.