lescanadiens
    lescanadiens's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mtl/van

thoughts on this game? Im a huge canadiens fan but business is business. Taking van -0.5 in reg. do you think this is a solid play worth laying big bucks on?

Andy Vix
    Andy Vix's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 515

Well sir, your Montreal Canadiens are a team that depends heavily on speed to generate offense.
    The Vancouver Canucks are nearly as fast and are generating offence a number of different ways, which unfortunatley, is surperior to your habs.

The Vancouver Canucks are capable of playing very physically (think torres line here for ex). Which, your habs haven't responded to very well at times this season. As you already said "business is business" and Vancouver is looking very good here.

When you say "big bucks", for a Canucks regulation win, if your normal unit is say $100, I'd say bet whatever returns your $100 (within reason of course).. I would not go to crazy.

Good luck

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Agree with the above post. It's a good bet but I wouldn't go too crazy on it.

rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

I was just on my way here to post about this game tonight. I love the Vancouver play. Montreal was embarrassed in the Classic, failed to score a goal, and now finds themselves farther from home with a tougher opponent.
    I think this is one of those cake plays I always stick in a parlay. but why not ignore the juice and hit a winner? But then there's the ole "the safer it seems, the riskier it is" adage, so the previous posts are money. Hit for a unit or two. No problem.

icecapper
    icecapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 394

I would bet against Montreal and Calgary tonight because of the hoopla of that winter classic. I can't see Montreal going into Vancouver where the Canucks have dominated this year. The new look Bruins should start to roll as well, I like them in Cowtown tonight.

gohabsgo
    gohabsgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I like vancouver -0.5 tonight
    Montreal will lose in regulation

vikings
    vikings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Canucks have been $$ all year, the only thing that worries me is if Luongo doesn't play. Schneider is a decent backup, but I don't like putting $$ out there with him in net.

vikings
    vikings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Luongo supposed to start, love the Canucks ml.