biff
    dead
    biff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

new to hockey betting, this is BS

so i had the pens +1. you are telling me it is a freaking push even though it goes to a shootout? i know a shootout equals one goal however do the books really count that goal?

also lost on the over. do not follow hockey and i did not know the freaking pens teams was out

biff
    dead

BS. i can understand counting overtime but a fukking shootout? what kind of crap is that

biff
    dead

hold on, is that why they do 60min bets? never understood those till now. did not get that option on reduced page wager.

Vinnybagadonuts
    Vinnybagadonuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Yes, all games include overtime, unless you choose the "in regulation" offer.
    Points Awarded:

biff gave Vinnybagadonuts 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

biff
    dead

fuk it, do not need a reply. if i stay here i am going to say some thing against this sport and it is not the sport but the damn bookies that im pissed at. good luck on rest of your plays tonight guys.

biff
    dead

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnybagadonuts View Post
    Yes, all games include overtime, unless you choose the "in regulation" offer.
    Ok, thank you. I can be civil. do you not agree that is insane to count a shootout towards the puckline? overtime, sure. but a shootout?

biff
    dead

well this game officially buried me. do not get me wrong, it was leading up to this point but this game was the killer. i go from 812 or so to ok lets see... 30 bucks in under 24 hours. got killed on the sharks over last night that did not help.

and i guess it does not help matters that i play at a book that will not let you bet between intermissions. just ranting now but wow how quickly things can change. it always is one step forward and 100 steps back for me in sports betting. i never fukking learn.

fury
    fury's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not sure why you think it wouldn't count?

jonnyboy21
    jonnyboy21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1455

Quote Originally Posted by biff View Post
    well this game officially buried me. do not get me wrong, it was leading up to this point but this game was the killer. i go from 812 or so to ok lets see... 30 bucks in under 24 hours. got killed on the sharks over last night that did not help.

and i guess it does not help matters that i play at a book that will not let you bet between intermissions. just ranting now but wow how quickly things can change. it always is one step forward and 100 steps back for me in sports betting. i never fukking learn.
    Successful sports betting does take a lot of self-discipline, no doubt. As long as you learn from your mistakes and know when to take a break if you've lost too much or whatever, then you'll be fine! I wouldn't bet so much on the NHL in one or two games, whether it's on the over/under or the money line. It's just too risky in this sport to put that kind of money on, in my opinion. Steady money management is definitely important for betting on the NHL.

GL for the future anyhow - concentrate on working your profits back up and not the negatives
    Points Awarded:

biff gave jonnyboy21 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Bajadave
    Bajadave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Thanks Jonny, I knocked them dead today also. 5 straight bets and one 3 teamer! 6-0 WINNERS!!

jonnyboy21
    jonnyboy21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1455

Quote Originally Posted by Bajadave View Post
    Thanks Jonny, I knocked them dead today also. 5 straight bets and one 3 teamer! 6-0 WINNERS!!
    Detroit, Philly and Washington from my thread you mean? Or did you have chicago/calgary in the multi? Either way, Nice one!

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10564

This is the full moon week, you must be careful betting during this time.
    The full moon week is 3 days before, including the full moon day and 3 days after
    for a total of 7 days. You can lose all you gained in that full moon week.

Tomorrow ends that cycle. GL

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

this thread:

biff
    dead

Quote Originally Posted by bruceBRUCEbruce View Post
    this thread:
    want to be an ass? i can play that game. it does not make sense to count a shootout towards the puckline. that is not a real goal like a goal in regulation or OT. what is hard to understand about this? i do not even bet this sport and i know that is BS.

biff
    dead

so come on bruce, give me some damn good reasons why this makes sense.

cruyff
    cruyff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 140

That's a tough push bro but it is what it is. Hockey counts whatever the final score reads as the goal count, no matter how they got 'em. If you're new to the sport I'd recommend staying away from totals. You'll get screwed by so many empty netters after a while it won't even be funny. Especially this late in the season when teams start getting desperate..
    Points Awarded:

biff gave cruyff 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

biff
    dead

Quote Originally Posted by cruyff View Post
    That's a tough push bro but it is what it is. Hockey counts whatever the final score reads as the goal count, no matter how they got 'em. If you're new to the sport I'd recommend staying away from totals. You'll get screwed by so many empty netters after a while it won't even be funny. Especially this late in the season when teams start getting desperate..
    Thanks for not being an ass and for advice. of course i can understand why the NHL counts it as a goal but not the bookies.