fjordo
    fjordo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

Little help?

Since the start of the season, I have been tracking how long you would have to chase each team before wins. I figured, bet $1 on each team, every game, chase your loses, and there's an easy $1000 by seasons end. You would still need a decent bankroll to cover a couple of the losing streaks this year, but it could easily be done.

I have found that 52% of games are won on the 1st game, 75% within 2, 88% within 3, and 95% within 4. This leaves only 5% that would go beyond a 4 game losing streak, and this includes all teams.

I am looking for a good approach to using this. I understand, but am new to Labourchere, so I'm not exactly sure the best strategy here. Line for each team? 4 lines, 1 for each game? and if so, for each team? Somehow combine a 4 game chase with a line?

Please, I know these are not all good ideas, so express your concerns for each, or give suggestions on different approaches.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jempa
    Jempa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2232

My tip, which would surely tick you off: Don't Do Chase

Sharps in general thrive on good ROI, getting the best plays at best value, whereas chasers look for statistic trends to follow. Ususally, trends are tough to follow in NHL-capping. If you check several threads on the forum here, you'll see that those who are bringing home the money longterm are those who have the cappingskills to cap games throughout the season. Sure, sometimes you'll find some trends appearing like this seasons Washington Under or the recent Islanders Over, but as far as chasing goes you'll end up betting alot of less.

My two cents
    Points Awarded:

fjordo gave Jempa 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

fjordo
    fjordo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

Quote Originally Posted by Jempa View Post

Sharps in general thrive on good ROI, getting the best plays at best value, whereas chasers look for statistic trends to follow. Ususally, trends are tough to follow in NHL-capping. If you check several threads on the forum here, you'll see that those who are bringing home the money longterm are those who have the cappingskills to cap games throughout the season. Sure, sometimes you'll find some trends appearing like this seasons Washington Under or the recent Islanders Over, but as far as chasing goes you'll end up betting alot of less.

My two cents
    Believe me, I know what I am asking, and nothing said in here will tick me off. Your opinion, like everyone's, is accepted, and valued. Thanks for your input.

Vindicate
    Vindicate's Avatar Become A Pro!

i can see picking like 5 teams to do this with.

im not really familiar with the idea, but when teams play eachother who do you pick? Do you play the team no matter the juice on the line?

Maybe choose 5 teams in the middle of the pack so you can hit + lines when they win?

i dont know, thats just my 2 cents
    Points Awarded:

fjordo gave Vindicate 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

pinchylarue
    *** SBR'S WORST POKER PLAYER ***
    pinchylarue's Avatar Become A Pro!

its worth a thought
    Points Awarded:

fjordo gave pinchylarue 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

Quote Originally Posted by Jempa View Post
    What he said.
    Points Awarded:

fjordo gave bobbyk1133 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

it's worth a try. i think it'll do just as well as regular capping in the end.
    Points Awarded:

fjordo gave Masu485 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.