JoeMama51981
    JoeMama51981's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hockey 'Betting' Systems

Would anyone care to share thieir Hockey Betting System? I've come accross a few but none of them have proven profitable.

I am convinced that there is money to be made on the NHL... I just haven't found it yet!

Thanks in Advance!!!

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Welcome to SBR buddy, as far as your question goes- have you asked Joe Mama?

Sorry I couldn't resist, I really don't know the answer to this myself but I'm sure someone will help...

JoeMama51981

Thanks for the Welcome CrazyL. I've been reading posts on here for a couple of months and found a lot of useful info! So, I decided to register myself.

Joe Mama jokes NEVER get old... hence the Name!!! haha

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

First off, Welcome to the SBR forum sir.

There most definitely money to be made in pucks. Maybe LT will give you some tips, because he had one hell of a pucks season this year.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

No "system" will win long-term. Only hard work will.

Data
    Data's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    No "system" will win long-term. Only hard work will.
    Hm-m, you never striked me as a Marxist.

I am very skeptical of a value of hard work and pretty sure that no amount of hard work will help winning long term unless you apply that work in the right direction and the right direction is something that is very hard to find.
    Last edited by Data; 08-13-08 at 12:41 AM.

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

this is very strange.. an NHL thread in the heart of summer in mid AUG when we are still a long way to go before they drop the puck.

there actually is a great systerm that works like a charm. it is proven to be a winner. and that is shop around for prices, have a lot of books handy, including pinny, 5dimes (reduced juice) and of course matchbook.. and just play the weak numbers.. and you should be ok.

BUT THE KEY TO MAKING MONEY IN HOCKEY OR ANY OTHER SPORT, IS TO BEAT THE CLOSING NUMBER ON A CONSISTENT BASIS, AND YOU SHOULD BE OK..

anyone that tells you anything differently, give them my name and tell them i want to book their action.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Fade any team playing the Red Wings. Mortal lock.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Study chaos theory.

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

still too early for hockey, but welcome to SBR.

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36693

It's never to early to work on finding, or improving one's model for any sport he bets.

Quote Originally Posted by Data View Post
    I am very skeptical of a value of hard work and pretty sure that no amount of hard work will help winning long term unless you apply that work in the right direction and the right direction is something that is very hard to find.

Very much agree with this post.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

For starters, I feel that home ice is overrated in the regular season, so concentrate on road teams with the possible exception of some home underdogs. I almost never play home favorites the first couple of months.

Also, I have done very well playing Unders the first half of each of the last two seasons, but I do expect totals to be tighter from the get-go this season as the books have realized that many teams have reverted to their pre "New NHL" trapping ways.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

parlay + 1/2 + money and under + money

No books take it anymore though

JoeMama51981

Thanks for all the input gentlemen. I definitely understand why you guys feel it's "too early" for puck talk but I've been pretty lucky to find systems in NBA and MLB that are profitable. After studying NHL for a few years (Like I said before) I just feel that it could be profitable as well.

I've been betting for just under seven years and this is what I've come to find you absolutely NEED to be successful:

1.)A System (You simply need to have a starting point as to who you're betting on).

2.)Money Management

3.)DISCIPLINE, DISCIPLINE, DISCIPLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Human nature comes into play every once in a while and it sucks.

Again thanks so much for the input! I look forward to chatting with you guys YEAR ROUND.... Good Luck!!!

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Santauro View Post
    this is very strange.. an NHL thread in the heart of summer in mid AUG when we are still a long way to go before they drop the puck.
    I respectfully disagree Mr.Nicky. It's really not all that far away from training camps opening up actually. Besides, you have to admire somebody that is somebody doing there homework well before the season starts IMO.