swissmix19
    swissmix19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

had an idea...

Suppose that you have two favorites that you like. For tonight I like the Rangers and Flyers. What if I parlay the Flyers PL with the Rangers ML and the Rangers PL with the Flyers ML. If they both cover then I get paid 3.5 to 1 on both. If I win one and lose one I still make 2.5 and if both lose then obviously I lose 2.

Has anyone tried this over a period of time? If you have, what was your experience? If not, what do you think about it anyway?

swissmix19

bumping this thread up...

Last night Rangers and Flyers would have lost but if it was Bruins and Flyers for example I would have gotten paid. Not putting any money on this yet but I'm still wondering if anyone has any thoughts about the principle here.

dvw5bf
    dvw5bf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Would you have any system for choosing the two favorites or is that a gut call?

swissmix19

Idk I don't really run systems. I usually just pick games based on injuries, starting goalies, momentum, player matchups and stuff like that. Having criteria would work too though. I was just thinking of it as a kind of money management I guess. Wondering if two inverse parlays can be profitable.

swissmix19

I'm trying it tonight with one unit each using Tampa and Pittsburgh. If both teams cover I'll make over 9 units. If one team covers and the other wins by 1 I'll make 3.5 units. Lose 2 if nothing goes my way.

No guts no glory, right?

SportsIsMyLife
    SportsIsMyLife's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

I like the concept of this idea. However, sometimes it wont go your way, as with last night the Flyers only won by 1 and the Rangers lost the game.

Good luck with your picks tonight! I would try that but I can't bet on the Pens vs the Sabres (both my fav teams). I'm trying this on Vancouver and Detroit tonight though.