winningdoc
    winningdoc's Avatar Become A Pro!

Picking over/unders

So I do fine picking ML's with hockey, but I can't find a successful way to pick over/unders in the NHL. Any tips that anyone wants to share? Thanks.

pinchylarue
    *** SBR'S WORST POKER PLAYER ***
    pinchylarue's Avatar Become A Pro!

what I do is look at all the matchups head to head and look at each teams last 5 games or so and see if 4 or 5 have gone over or under and bet against it (usually high value) also if i think a team is capable of scoring 4 goals in a game the over usually occurs,because the other team usually gets 2 and also chance of empty netter.
    sorry I have a hard time explaining things but I hope I could help a bit

Canukc
    Canukc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2535

Many factors in o/u. First, what style does a team play? Some teams are more defensive-less offensive year after year. Check out NJ, BOS, FLA and MIN. Others just fall into this mode because of current coaching philosophy or team makeup - see MON, NASH, OTT, NYR and LA this year. The drastic change in WASH is another good example.

Check the head to head history, mainly back one year but longer trends are sometimes useful. The cross Conferance games have little or no useful H-H info, but note that in 2009/10 season these games were approx 55% under.

Now you have two like minded teams. Any special cosiderations such as injuries, goalkeeper change, day or night games, holidays, weekends, days rest, streaks, classic rivalries etc?

If you truly want an in depth answer, my email is afred3@shaw.ca.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22656

Fine picking ML's?
    Just pick ML's stay away from what ain't workin'

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Agreed with M Hunterz. Some people are good at totals and enjoy them-I despise them and surprisingly did terribly at my two attempts...Do your thing. Cheers

soni
    soni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

throw a coin and play martingale. else there's a far greater possibility that you lose 10-20 times in a row

winningdoc
    winningdoc's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ha, thanks for the help; I'm always looking to expand what I bet on, if I can make it profitable (I don't have to bet, it's more the challenge of conquering and becoming successful with the different sports). Right now I am focused on seeing if I can win with horse racing, but I'll come back to hockey totals soon and see what I can figure out.