reno cool
    the meaning of harm
    reno cool's Avatar Become A Pro!

best playoff in last 15 years

Were the playoffs in '06 (carolina) the best NHL hockey in recent years or what?
    The first year after the strike, new rule changes= excellent hockey. The plays were fast, creative, skilled great to watch. Edmonton looked like they had glue on their sticks, handling quick accurate passes well. Carolina Buffalo so quick.

What happened now? Back to the same old shit? Almost?

losturmarbles
    losturmarbles's Avatar Become A Pro!

trap defense now, seems like every team (that could) was doing it this past year, just plugging up the middle of the ice,
    so now teams really need offensive D that can help on forechecks and forwards that can play high to cover on defense.

i agree 06 playoffs were great, way better than the past 2 years.

element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would agree to, great hockey, and teams didn't trap when they got a one goal lead. I don't know how to get rid of the trap, but it is killing the game. I was watching some classic hockey from the early 1990's, and they clutched and grabbed the whole game, but there was still flow, and there was still a transition game.

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

refs just call more penalties.

once the playoffs come around they throw away the whistle.

reno cool
    the meaning of harm
    reno cool's Avatar Become A Pro!

You hear the announcers always calling for the reffs to let them play. But I think neither the players or fans want this kind of game. Hockey just has so much to offer, and once in a while we see amazing play throughout the game. I can't understand how anyone serious about the game would prefer to see it choppy and bogged down.