ochenta y cinco
    ochenta y cinco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do yourself a favor: Make a wager on NSH-LA U5

This wager is ending up at worst as a push, don't fool yourself if you were thinking "over" because of backup goalies between the pipes.

Nashville is currently without most of its true offensive threats (namely Sullivan, O'Reilly, Erat, and to a lesser extent Lombardi, although he hasn't played a single game yet).

Also, this is the second game of a B2B for the Preds. They did win 4-1 over the Anaheim Ducks last night, but that was basically a 2-1 win, because the last 2 were insurance markers scored in an empty net. The 1st goal was a crazy garbage goal, the type that the Kings defence doesn't give a lot of.

Lindback is in goal for NSH, he's reliable with a 2.39 GAA and a .922 Sv %. I think he's more than capable of keeping it close against a LA team that's 19th in goals scored and 4th in goals allowed at Staples Center. For a team with a 13-5-1 record at home, that tells you a lot about the type of game the Kings play in front of their fans.

2-1, 3-1, 3-2, or 4-1 is the type of score I'm expecting in this one. Maybe even a shutout... Most likely in L.A's favor, but the line is not favorable to a wager on the ML or PL IMO. At + money, it's worth a shot. Maybe wait and see if it's possible to get an even better line, once people start noticing that Quick and Rinne aren't playing.

Preds-Kings Under 5 (+115)

hockeynut
    hockeynut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 137

I actually like the over. Bernier has looked bad this season so far. And after Kings losing 3 or 4 games in a row this year they followed up with scoring 3 goals or more the next game. I expect a Kings win with at least 3-4 goals in a 4-2, 5-3 kind of game.

ochenta y cinco

Quote Originally Posted by hockeynut View Post
    I actually like the over. Bernier has looked bad this season so far. And after Kings losing 3 or 4 games in a row this year they followed up with scoring 3 goals or more the next game. I expect a Kings win with at least 3-4 goals in a 4-2, 5-3 kind of game.
    Agreed on Bernier, his stats after 10 starts are unimpressive (3.09 GAA and .890%). However he's still a more than capable goalie with tons of character and athleticism. Kings could indeed score 3 or 4 goals, it's the Preds that I don't expect to score much in this game.

I just find that there's really good value in the Under, it's now at +117 on Pinny.

ochenta y cinco

The more I think about it, there's some decent value on LA -0.5 @ -106 too. I rarely make a wager on the PL in those types of tight-checking games, but the Regulation line looks good.

hockeynut
    hockeynut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 137

Told ya Bernier sucks lol. I was wrong about the Kings winning the game, but my only bet for this one was the over. Pred's beat downs the Kings.

rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

thanks for the thread. nice pickin. ha.