11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Hockey is Money!!

5 45.45%
  • No. Hockey is tough!

6 54.55%
    Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Don't you think Hockey is easier to beat/cap then football & basketball?

My answer is Yes.

Of course, everyone is strong in one field/sport. Someone is very good at basketball while someone is good at football. Someone can struggle at baseball while it may be (baseball) bread&butter for another bettor.

The problem about Football is, it's too popular. Threrefore, lines are sharp. Too many people are betting on it. We can say the something for NBA too. It's not impossible to beat but it's not easy either.

What about hockey? Guys, hockey is not a popular sport in terms of betting. We all know it. Nobody is betting on hockey, Almost! Except Canadiens, LoL. (Just kidding)

Man, I love hockey. Oddsmakers don't focus on it too much so you can find nice value! Public likes to pound favourites so if you can pick your spots right, you can find very very nice betting opportunities in this sport.

You know what they say..If you don't hockey, you don't like money!

I wish you all a profitable & happy new year!

Take care!

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Yup it is easier to beat. One reason I really believe that is because there is a lot less money bet on hockey compared to football and basketball so it is a lot more legit with less corruption. Also linesmakers are pretty dumb when it comes to hockey a lot of the time

hockeynut
    hockeynut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 137

To me the NFL is by far the toughest. One week the Vikings look terrible, the next they shut down the Eagles. It's just hard to cap the NFL imo. NHL is what I know the most so that is easier for me. The NBA is easier than the NFL imo.

Salmon Steak
    Salmon Steak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

I find the outcomes are more variable in hockey. Slippery ice, bouncing pucks, slight deflections. I still do pretty good in hockey but baseball is by far my best sport.

icecapper
    icecapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 394

Been trying to tell people this for years. Lines are much too sharp in football and other sports, all the better for us puck heads.

Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by hockeynut View Post
    To me the NFL is by far the toughest. One week the Vikings look terrible, the next they shut down the Eagles. It's just hard to cap the NFL imo. NHL is what I know the most so that is easier for me. The NBA is easier than the NFL imo.
    Agreed %100. NFL is hardest. Actually, it's Vegas' moneymaker. NBA is easier then NFL in my opinion but still beating point spread can be tough sometimes.

NFL > NBA > NCAAB > MLB > NHL

yurnero
    yurnero's Avatar Become A Pro!

i dont know much about nhl but i DO love money. when i see a good chance to make a play on NHL, i am def there. i personally play nfl, nba, and both cbb and cfb they most

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

[quote=Sawyer;8134677] Agreed %100. NFL is hardest. Actually, it's Vegas' moneymaker. NBA is easier then NFL in my opinion but still beating point spread can be tough sometimes. NFL > NBA > NCAAB > MLB > NHL[/quote]

I think your order is the same as mine. Honestly I barely knew anything about baseball before last year and I had a profitable year in first year of betting the sport. I don't even enjoy watching baseball but I like betting it because its easier to pick spots. Hell I didn't even watch a whole game through all year and probably bet 5 games a day on average

Hockey on the other hand is a Sport I enjoy watching and I have been profitable every year I have bet this sport. If you enjoy watching hockey and following the game I think there is money to be made. I really do think it helps to be a fan of the sport and understand momentum teams carry and how teams perform in certain situations.

NBA I am up and down with. I like to be a lot more selective in that sport. I do think the NBA is rigged in certain games so that always frustrates me about it. Think I like playing "half" lines the best in that sport though.

NFL is very tough if you win in that sport consistently

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Easier than NBA, which I feel gives me the most fits.

pdx107
    pdx107's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1816

I find the NHL and Soccer to be the easiest, as well as betting against certain MLB teams every game

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1957

nhl and mlb i find the easier

Inspirited
    Inspirited's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17732

I haven't tried hockey. I did well in MLB from July to mid August or something, then got crushed. I got to come up with a new plan for that time this year or just quit before then. I've tried a little bit in NFL and was terrible ATS. I was planning on not betting until next MLB season but then I decided to give NBA a shot and have had some success so far, but we'll see if it continues.

R6MC
    R6MC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24711

damn slippery ice

Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by Inspirited View Post
    I haven't tried hockey. I did well in MLB from July to mid August or something, then got crushed. I got to come up with a new plan for that time this year or just quit before then. I've tried a little bit in NFL and was terrible ATS. I was planning on not betting until next MLB season but then I decided to give NBA a shot and have had some success so far, but we'll see if it continues.
    My No#1 Tip for baseball betting,

Starting Pitchers are usually overrated. Even your pitcher pitches a good game, still you can lose. Offence is also important and remember bullpen can ruin any game in any given day. Look for value, keep an eye on dogs. Don't mess with NFL too much. NBA is ok but you have to pick your spots right.

tomcast
    tomcast's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 251

I find football much easier

pwalker1181
    pwalker1181's Avatar Become A Pro!

what guys around these threads are known as the best hockey cappers...Im clueless when it comes to betting hockey, but at least im smart enough to know that. Im interested in tailing someone (small bets) that has had success while i try to learn the ins and outs of hockey betting. any help would be appreciated. Good Luck