Axis
    3minutedrill.com
    Axis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 918

400 for Ozzy

Osgood officially booked his ticket to the hall of fame tonight...though I think he had the numbers for it to begin with, 400 wins should set it in stone...

One of the few goalies with his numbers that is never mentioned as one of the greats...was great back in his time...

CapsFan
    CapsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

He definitely shouldnt be mentioned as one of the greats lol. He has the wins and cups because he has played for great teams and occasionally steps it up in the playoffs. But in reality, hes nothing more than an average goaltender

Still, 400 wins ins an accomplishment

hockeynut
    hockeynut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 137

Still not Hall worthy.

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Quote Originally Posted by CapsFan View Post
    He definitely shouldnt be mentioned as one of the greats lol. He has the wins and cups because he has played for great teams and occasionally steps it up in the playoffs. But in reality, hes nothing more than an average goaltender Still, 400 wins ins an accomplishment
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeynut View Post
    Still not Hall worthy.
    How should a goaltender's career be measured? If it's not wins what is it? To be on a list with these 9 goalies is quite an accomplishment and should not be overlooked.

1) 551 Patrick Roy
    2) 532 Martin Brodeur
    3) 484 Edward Belfour
    4) 448 Curtis Joseph
    5) 447 Terrance Sawchuk
    6) 437 Jacques Plante
    7) 423 Anthony Esposito
    8) 407 Glenn Hall
    9) 403 Grant Fuhr
    10) 400 Chris Osgood

I hear what you guys are saying about Osgood but at sametime I really don't understand. As a goalie the single most important stat is Wins. He won 2 Stanley cups(as a starter) and in 2008 he basically won the cup for the Wings blanking the Penguins in Game 1&2 of the Finals. He was 14-4 with a 1.55 GAA in 2008 playoffs. I know people always hate on Ozzie and I can see where people come from, but you cannot deny what he has done as a NHL goaltender.
    Last edited by HOT WINGS; 12-28-10 at 06:38 AM.

Axis
    3minutedrill.com

Quote Originally Posted by CapsFan View Post
    He definitely shouldnt be mentioned as one of the greats lol. He has the wins and cups because he has played for great teams and occasionally steps it up in the playoffs. But in reality, hes nothing more than an average goaltender

Still, 400 wins ins an accomplishment
    Uh...pretty sure all the goalies with more wins than him also played on great teams lol...Very few of the goalies in front of him were the reason their team was great...

thebertshow
    thebertshow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

Yeah he will be in the hall

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

hes been underrated his whole career.

Axis
    3minutedrill.com

Yea, I wasn't trying to say he was a shut down goalie, but no slouch gets those numbers...I don't care how good the team is in front of you.