The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

Coolest sports story of the year

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Cool story. I remember a similar one with my Canucks when both their regular goalies went down and they made an emergency call to the local university team for a backup. The guy was studying for an exam when he got the call and looked like he was gonna shit himself on the bench

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Levesque
    Last edited by DennisGreen; 12-17-10 at 10:19 AM.

The Madcap

That's awesome. And one of the reasons I love hockey. That could only happen in the NHL.

Think about this scenario: one of my buddies played goalie in college. Lives here in Raleigh. Big Hurricanes fan. And say the 'Canes are chasing a playoff spot when the Canucks, Oilers, or Flames come to town, and being western teams they run into a similar situation and have to hire a local player. And maybe it's 2pm and my buddy is just getting off work or out of class and is thinking about where he's going to watch the game tonight because he just put a big bet down on the 'Canes. But then his phone rings and it's Vancouver's GM with the chance of a lifetime. So he signs on. What does he do if gets in the game? Does he let the Canes score so he can win his bet and the Canes win the game and make the playoffs? Or does he bust his ass off hoping he impresses enough for a future NHL contract? Or maybe he gives it his all for that one singular moment of triumph if he can give the Canucks the win? Even if it is against his hometown team. I don't even know what I'd do. Crazy to think about though.

melissaphillips
    melissaphillips's Avatar Become A Pro!

thats pretttttttty coool

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Cool Story.

hockeynut
    hockeynut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 137

I always hope that one of these days something like this happens and the guy actually has to play. That would be so amazing, what a feeling that would be. Though it would be heart attack inducing.

The Madcap

Quote Originally Posted by hockeynut View Post
    I always hope that one of these days something like this happens and the guy actually has to play. That would be so amazing, what a feeling that would be. Though it would be heart attack inducing.
    And result in a crappy Disney movie starring Mario Lopez.