soni
    soni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

what is this? you get absolutely less value in Hockey than in Baseball

Am I the only one who's got the feeling MLB is more worth betting? IMO Baseball has better value More dogs win, better odds, more fun etc... I had a good season betting baseball and I enjoyed it much more than hockey! Feedback appreciated!

Dharmonize
    Aces!
    Dharmonize's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9427

It is very hard to compare these two totally different sports, and seems pointless in a way. I am glad to have bases during summer, but when the fall comes, it is definitely nice to have hockey back. From the bettorīs point of view, I use similar strategies betting hockey and baseball (concerning dogs and totals). In my opinion the baseball lines (MLB) are much sharper than the hockey (NHL) lines, as hockey is a lot more unpredictable. However, both of these sports are crazy enough to turn over the score in the last minutes of the game. So best value for me is in live betting.

CapsFan
    CapsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Live betting MLB is the way to go. NHL betting requires a lot of research

MrZ
    MrZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

hockey has been a total crap shoot for me so far this year

Pride
    rally rally rally
    Pride's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

nhl>mlb

there are just not many people who can cap even remotely well for nhl.

hockeynut
    hockeynut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 137

This is where O/U comes in. Look at other stuff than just picking the winner outright. Combine a bunch of stuff together for bigger winnings. Like for example, you could take the kings to win, to score first, and the first goal wins. The odds aren't great, maybe -140 or less. But it sure beats those -200 -300 you see for other favorite picks.