soni
    soni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

why are so many NHL games not starting on time?

it's already 7:20 and the ottawa@toronto game has not started yet

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

LOL Toronto is infamous for long, drawn out Pre-Game ceremonies almost every game.

soni

hhaha alright! are you on toronto?

soni

it's really bullshit anyway, preventing us bettors betting on the next game in some way i guess

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Quote Originally Posted by soni View Post
    hhaha alright! are you on toronto?
    Didn't bet on this one but this pisses me off when I bet Leafs first period overs as it seems to ice the players because they are all geared up to go then have to sit/stand for 15-20 minutes.

Ichigo
    Ichigo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Canadien game home game start always around 15 min later ... sooo is normal !

Toronto_Mike
    Toronto_Mike's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd usually agree with the BS that takes place in Toronto and the delays in starting but tonight was for Remembrance Day and for the Vets so please do not rip on tonight.........A lot of people died for us during the wars and one night's delay isn't a lot to ask.........
    Points Awarded:

Gokhan gave Toronto_Mike 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

trade88
    trade88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Remembrance Day is November 11th. Mike, are you sure the ceremony wasn't for fans to try and remember the last time the Leafs were any good?

vmchockey
    vmchockey's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by trade88 View Post
    Remembrance Day is November 11th. Mike, are you sure the ceremony wasn't for fans to try and remember the last time the Leafs were any good?
    That would explain why their games are starting so late.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

I figured they must be going on a long road trip or something and this was their last game before the 11th... however they're home against Buffalo on Saturday. I think that maybe as it was 2 Canadian teams involved they decided to do the ceremony early.

Don Cherry would be proud and start tearing up

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_Mike View Post
    I'd usually agree with the BS that takes place in Toronto and the delays in starting but tonight was for Remembrance Day and for the Vets so please do not rip on tonight.........A lot of people died for us during the wars and one night's delay isn't a lot to ask.........
    remembrance day is fine, but these things should be happening for special events, in toronto they having some pre game ceremony will take the minds off the people , for knowing their team is a piece of shiiitttt,it is the old trick politicians use focus the people on something else

Toronto_Mike

Quote Originally Posted by trade88 View Post
    I watched the game. They had a few vets come on the ice with a moment of silence followed by the bagpipers and a soldier singing the Anthem so yes, I'm pretty sure it was for the vets.

I do agree with your analogy as well though but they will have to do a hell of a lot more than a ceremony to make the fans forget how badly they f&*^king suck!!! I don't blame the players though. They have no incentive to play well considering the home games are always SRO (standing room only) and the fans will support them even if they never win another game for the rest of the season.........or ever again for that matter.....

So sad.........

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

another 20 minute delay in Toronto... and the montreal/ottawa game is being delayed too so they can watch what's going on in Toronto on the bigscreen... ceremonies are good and all but wtf showing it in a different arena????

soni

respect for such remembrance days but they should schedule the game 7:30 then not 7:05

Toronto_Mike

I agree with you hels but you have to know how much $$ there is at stake with the T.V. contract so when the CBC says the games go off together, that's what happens.........I don't like it but as we all know, money talks......

Best of luck to everyone tonight.........

P.S. I know soni, I know......