PatrickBateman
    PatrickBateman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hockey Newbie, Line Movement

I am trying to bet mostly dogs and I have noticed early in the season that the bigger dog moneylines move down the longer I wait to take them...Example - Tonight I liked the coyotes, line this morning +170, figured I would wait because so many people betting Wings, just looked and it is at +150...Why is that? Other big lines moved down today too.

I know with other sports you are supposed to wait to play dogs since they usually get more value later on, is this not so in Hockey? Is it because it is early in the season and most people play dogs now?

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Yeah hockey dogs usually drop rather than go up. Early on in the season dogs usually do very well.

PatrickBateman
    PatrickBateman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why is that with hockey in particular?

dvw5bf
    dvw5bf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

i assume generally because in hockey (more than some other sports), any team can beat any team any day with the bounce of a frozen piece of rubber on ice... in this particular instance, it didn't help that Howard was originally anticipated to be in goal for the red wings but got switched out suddenly for osgood after suffering from back spasms... netminders will change the line in a quick minute