bombCanada
    Rule #1: always be glad for what you get
    bombCanada's Avatar Become A Pro!

So, guys, on the train home tonight I had some time to reflect on where we are... we're now 70 games into an 82 game schedule. Just like a lot of baseball systems seem to pack it in on Sept 1, I'm thinking we may have reached the point where it's time to call it a season. There was a button on the NHL website I looked at yesterday called "if the playoffs started today" or similar... the dogs the last few days, like EDM and COL, seem truly hopeless, and my wager tonight on the COL +PL was at even odds... do you think the oddsmaker believes they have a chance??

In the interest of not losing too much of my winnings, tonight is going to be my last official play of the season for this system. I'll track it to the end of the regular season, but my money will be elsewhere.

Whether you play or not is of course up to you, but if you look at the whinging going on in the JW Cash Serious cash thread, that system seems to have slowed down also. It's a problem in every league... some teams are playing for their checks, and some are playing for the Stanley Cup, and since they get paychecks win or lose, the motivation is a little different for the two groups. I'd like to be wrong.

I'm going to step away from the computer for a few days, so good luck whatever you do. I see rkelly you are active over in the MLB forum, and I'll probably follow you over there. Good luck to everyone else, thanks for playing along, and we'll see you around. Have fun!

groovey
    groovey's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yea the pl puppies have hit a brick wall no way am I jumping on again I'll wait till the play offs!

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

You're probably right BC, no sense in flogging a dead horse. The dogs had their day.

As I stated in a previous post, +PL for this month is 31-15 67%
    For the year 226-125 64%

My ML dogs for the month is 18-16 53% +5.03 units
    Since Jan. 97-83 54% +29.1 units

For baseball, I'm just taking 2 of the best teams and using lab lines on them.
    Philly and San Fran. Starting in pre season. Philly has won me 6 units and San Fran
    has won me 2.

Doesn't make for stimulating forum discussions.

OK guys, good luck and have a profitable rest of year. $$$$$$

bombCanada
    Rule #1: always be glad for what you get
    bombCanada's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    You're probably right BC, no sense in flogging a dead horse. The dogs had their day.

As I stated in a previous post, +PL for this month is 31-15 67%
    For the year 226-125 64%

My ML dogs for the month is 18-16 53% +5.03 units
    Since Jan. 97-83 54% +29.1 units

For baseball, I'm just taking 2 of the best teams and using lab lines on them.
    Philly and San Fran. Starting in pre season. Philly has won me 6 units and San Fran
    has won me 2.

Doesn't make for stimulating forum discussions.

OK guys, good luck and have a profitable rest of year. $$$$$$
    excellent work rkelly. I'll get around to posting Feb and end of season stats one morning soon.

I'd disagree with you, I think we could have fun in an MLB thread... if you start it, I'll tag along, and I think I have a scheme of my own I'd post along side. We've had fun with hockey... why not now MLB?

First ... 14151617